• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Platinum Games Unveils Scalebound Game for Xbox One

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:47 pm Reply with quote
I thought of Nero no thanks to the arm.

I hope we get another DMC with nero.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Kreion

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:24 am Reply with quote
iloveturkey wrote:
Rahxephon91 wrote:
A lot of salt here because this is Xbone no doubt.

Presumably, this is because you're one of the ridiculous people who equates disliking something with disliking it due to the console, and criticizing anything with disliking it universally, and needs to write the latter off as "Xbone hating" because your fragile ego can't handle an actual dissenting opinion because you've ridiculously internalized your hobbies to make up for your lack of a personality. It's all pretty trite actually.

...no it's be because the comments are unjustified. People complain about the colour palette being bland, then blame Microsoft for it - ignoring the fact that MS showed of Fable and Sunset Overdrive.

I mean both games are known for being grey right, right?

It's quite obvious that people are going 'Oh I don't like the look of that, oh it's also on Xbox, must be why' it's flawed logical reasoning 101.

Your mishmash of psychobabble doesn't counter the logical argument that XB1 does have a fair amount of colorful exclusives on it.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:15 am Reply with quote
Looking at their development list, I have to ask where did Infinite Space come from? I mean as was pointed out this game looks to be in line with most of their other works, but that one was a straight jrpg on a handheld, while everything else seems to be more tame versions of what I would expect from Suda 51, ie crazy but not Suda 51 crazy.

I will say that the MC does look like Dante from the reboot, but given their track record I will def. check this one out.
DavetheUsher

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:55 am Reply with quote
Kreion wrote:
.no it's be because the comments are unjustified. People complain about the colour palette being bland, then blame Microsoft for it - ignoring the fact that MS showed of Fable and Sunset Overdrive.

I mean both games are known for being grey right, right?

Wha, bra? You mean Fable, the series founded on horrible, unfulfilled promises that people end up hating for breaking those promises? It's art style ain't anything to write home about at all.

Sunset Overdrive isn't even known at all, man. But just form the trailer I can tell I hate it because of the smug, Dreamworks-y protagonist. It's so full of itself by acting like it's sticking it to those bland, first person shooters yet then shows us.. a third person shooter zombie game. Way to break that mold, mates.

If those are your two examples that Microsoft is all on board with colorful stuff, it comes off as you scraping the bottom of the barrel for examples. One of those games no one has even played yet.

It's just Microsoft's MO, brah. They're for people who like serious and brown stuff. Makes sense they wouldn't go for colorful wacky stuff. Now if it does turn out to be all curaaazy it'll probably just be a one off thing. I 'member the 360 had Kameo when it launched. No one seemed to care about that game and it faded away. they also had some JRPGS but then they got ported to the PS3 since the MS audience doesn't care for JRPGs. If they do end up having that stuff, they'll prolly front end these kinds of games to get people to buy the systems then when they're all bought they'll go back to making their usual stuff after it doesn't do so hot like before.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:20 am Reply with quote
The irony here is that this terrible post proved the dudes point. Thanks.

Quote:
Wha, bra? You mean Fable, the series founded on horrible, unfulfilled promises that people end up hating for breaking those promises? It's art style ain't anything to write home about at all.

No one gives a crap what you think about Fable. It's quality is'nt up for debate. His point is that it is a colorful and cartoony game. That's a fact. It dosen't have to be good, but his point stands. You're childish bias is creeping up and making you look like a fool.

Quote:
Sunset Overdrive isn't even known at all, man. But just form the trailer I can tell I hate it because of the smug, Dreamworks-y protagonist. It's so full of itself by acting like it's sticking it to those bland, first person shooters yet then shows us.. a third person shooter zombie game. Way to break that mold, mates.
Neither is this Scalebound game, but it's not sopping anyone here from judging it.

But I'm happy you can write off something just because it's a third person zombie game. I guess it's nice to think that third person=generic even though the combat on display looks unlike any other third person shooter. Must be nice to be extremely narrow minded.

Quote:
If those are your two examples that Microsoft is all on board with colorful stuff, it comes off as you scraping the bottom of the barrel for examples. One of those games no one has even played yet.
Yes it's scrapping the bottom of the barrel by highlighting two big games that the company made a point of pushing. Brilliant logic.

Quote:
It's just Microsoft's MO, brah. They're for people who like serious and brown stuff.
I don't know where you got your stupid views, but MS is just a company who makes a video game system. They don't have a specific agenda in making one type of game. Your point dosen't even stand when they displayed just as many "serious"(whatever that means) games vs "unserious"(whatever the hell that means" games. You're telling me that MS mo is "only super duper serious games" in a thread about a game they are publishing where a dude with headphones fights glowing dinosaurs on a dragon.

ok....

Quote:
Makes sense they wouldn't go for colorful wacky stuff.
There is'nt tons of that stuff published anywhere when it comes to big games. This is'nt just a MS thing, but the fact is they had several games that did. But hey lets just ignore that because you're a huge fanboy of something.

Quote:
Now if it does turn out to be all curaaazy it'll probably just be a one off thing. I 'member the 360 had Kameo when it launched. No one seemed to care about that game and it faded away. they also had some JRPGS but then they got ported to the PS3 since the MS audience doesn't care for JRPGs.
Man this doesn't even make much sesne.

"If it's crazy it will be a one off thing. Remember Kameo. I'm bringing this up for no reason honestly, I guess I'm trying to connect it to the idea that MS made it and then did'nt make a sequel. But I'll ignore that MS instead allowed rare to make other games like Viva Piniata and Banjoe. So the flimsy point about them dropping games like Kameo is'nt true"

"Oh remember jrpgs. MS had some and it was a one off thing, despite the fact that they funded several. It was a one off thing though. They also don't like jrpgs, because MS is a person now who dislikes genres. They dislike them so much they funded Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Infinite Undiscovery, and probably threw some money to get Tales of Vesperia and whatnot. No, they just dislike them. It couldn't be simply that they didn't sell and since MS is a company they aren't just going to throw money at big jrpgs that don't sell. I mean look at Sony and all the big jrpgs they funded. You can't because they don't exists. But it's MS who hates jrpgs and it was just a one off thing".

Quote:
If they do end up having that stuff, they'll prolly front end these kinds of games to get people to buy the systems then when they're all bought they'll go back to making their usual stuff after it doesn't do so hot like before.
Yeah probably. Thats the one flaw with MS and the 360. But hey at least they tried and offerd things.

I'm not sure why we don't give MS credit, but love Sony when it's not like they are making radically different games. But hey I guess thats how fanboyism works.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2