• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Haikyu Animator Reprimanded by I.G for Indecent Comments, Images on Twitter

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shiranehito

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:21 pm Reply with quote
The problem here is because she's one of the official animators. If she's just some random unknown fanartist, I don't think she'd be bashed (or glorified by fujoshi) like this. If Jump was really being protective, I'm sure they won't approve any kind of doujinshi (especially the erotic ones) to appear in comic convention or the like. I'm pretty sure some doujinshi can be found in place like Torano and Animate, and JUMP series like Kurobas, KHReborn and Haikyuu are some which have large fujoshi fanbase with thousands of yaoi doujin around there.
daichi383

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:29 pm Reply with quote
Well thats unfortunate. Some of that other stuff though like losing Kuroko design sheets is a bit iffy though. As a professional she partly represents the studio she works for so i can see the rationale behind the decision but its still a tad weird.
shi666san

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:33 pm Reply with quote
championferret wrote:

Isn't Haikyuu a late-night show though? I'm sure there aren't many kid fans that know enough about the production process to know the names and twitter accounts of the people who animate it.

IIRC, Haikyuu aired pretty early on. Like late evening.

On another note, what probably riled people up even more so was the fact the she mentioned not wanting to work on Kuroko. Also, I think she made some crude comments about Midorima and Takao? I'm not completely sure, but I did see their names mentioned in some of the tweets.
mistress_kisara

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:45 pm Reply with quote
shi666san wrote:
championferret wrote:

Isn't Haikyuu a late-night show though? I'm sure there aren't many kid fans that know enough about the production process to know the names and twitter accounts of the people who animate it.

On another note, what probably riled people up even more so was the fact the she mentioned not wanting to work on Kuroko. Also, I think she made some crude comments about Midorima and Takao? I'm not completely sure, but I did see their names mentioned in some of the tweets.

Haikyuu aired on MBS at 5pm so its pretty early Cool
championferret

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:45 pm Reply with quote
shi666san wrote:
championferret wrote:

Ah you're right, it's 5pm. My mistake, I was thinking of other sports anime that are usually on at stupid o clock in the morning.
reanimator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:46 pm Reply with quote
It has nothing to do with female animator being Fujoshi. It's her unprofessional behaviors made got her into hot water.

Quote:
The images Kuroiwa posted were of Haikyu!! characters depicted in a sexual manner. She also posted that she does not want to work on Kuroko's Basketball and that she rather work just on Haikyu!! She added that she lost her copy of the Kuroko designs, but said that she will just rely on memory to draw the anime.
Zahirus

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:46 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Hilarious. Do you not realize how sexualised males have made the Madoka series?

Very much so. Not saying it's better. Although the madoka creators are aware of the yuri fanbase and go with it to improve merch, similar as kurobasu with fujoshis.
If she had gotten fired over the images she posted it'd have been really silly. I'd be more inclined to think it was due to her comments, as dissing your work is frowned upon with japan's work ethics.

I'm not defending the people who oversexualize series, in fact that's why I'm saying fujoshis aren't any better than moe-fanservice otakus.
meepsheeps

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:51 pm Reply with quote
Zahirus wrote:
I'm not defending the people who oversexualize series, in fact that's why I'm saying fujoshis aren't any better than moe-fanservice otakus.

And I wasn't saying one was better than the other either. lol
Zahirus

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:52 pm Reply with quote
meepsheeps wrote:
Zahirus wrote:

And I wasn't saying one was better than the other either. lol

Then I guess we're on the same page.
Zahirus

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:18 pm Reply with quote
BrainBlow wrote:

we get plenty good stuff from "fap bait" that fujoshi fund with their money. Kuroko, Haikyuu!!, Blue Exorcist, Free!

except that if we go that way we could also say that moetakus also bring good stuff like Sora no Woto, K-On and Oreimo among other well recieved shows. Truth is the opinions on those shows are subjective. Not everyone considers K-On or Oreimo good (myself included) same way there's plenty people who don't think Blue Ex, Free!, etc. are any good.

Reality is the anime industry is deviating from original ideas for series and sticking with what sells: cute girls doing cute things for the moetakus and cute boys doing sports for the fujoshis.

Fujoshis and moetakus are two sides of the same coin.

Either way that's enough derailing.
Araki

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:33 pm Reply with quote
She had it coming. Well deserved.
RestLessone

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:53 pm Reply with quote
meepsheeps wrote:
Wait, we're talking about these "sexualized" tweets, right?

Assuming these more explicit ones are the tweets.
Eisenmann V

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:14 pm Reply with quote
Sounds like the animator got drunk and went on the internet. I can't imagine someone outright twittering about their lack of professionalism otherwise.
meepsheeps

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:37 pm Reply with quote
RestLessone wrote:
meepsheeps wrote:
Wait, we're talking about these "sexualized" tweets, right?

Assuming these more explicit ones are the tweets.

Ohhhh okay. Yeah, moral is she should have just put them on a pixiv account or something that doesn't reveal who she actually is.

Zahirus wrote:
Reality is the anime industry is deviating from original ideas for series and sticking with what sells: cute girls doing cute things for the moetakus and cute boys doing sports for the fujoshis.

uh newsflash, moe/fanservice shows are intended to pander while sports series only gives out merchandise while the original source doesn't pander at all.

...and there's still less sports than the former but that's for another discussion
Fedora-san

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:20 am Reply with quote
Part of me wants to say it might be her complaining about working on Kuroko and her general unprofessionalism that got her canned rather than the smut, if only because of all the other smut and merchandise I see for other properties from official channels wouldn't make sense, unless I.G is just anal like that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3