• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Naruto Project to Open Next August

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OH&S

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:06 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
Kishi could at least mention in an interview why he didn't decide to go NaruSaku when there was a lot more interaction between them.

Since you really wanted to know:

http://animecontinuum.tumblr.com/post/104435607132/english-translation-of-eigas-interview-with
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:12 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
Kishi could at least mention in an interview why he didn't decide to go NaruSaku when there was a lot more interaction between them.

Why would he do that? Pretty much everyone in Japan is satisfied with the conclusion. Also, just got back from the movie, and Sakura clearly stated, "spoiler[You only liked me because I liked Sasuke, and you were jealous of what Sasuke had.]", to which Naruto agreed. And then she said, "spoiler[I know Hinata, and she didn't give up on you. Girls in love don't give up that easily." and then she flash-backed to Sasuke with a loving expression.] Naruto and Sakura are more like comrades and brother and sister.

The movie was awesome, btw. So many feels. I cried at the end. X3
Minami-Asakura

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:40 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:

INFINITE FACEPALM!!!

Ok, if that link above about the interview is accurate then this paragraph sould put and end to this Naruto shoujo romance series for good...or was it a SHOUNEN MANGA?

I decided from a fairly early stage that Naruto and Hinata will be together. Therefore, I made Naruto and Sakura close like that in order to make it misleading. Daringly, I made Sakura and Kushina’s (Naruto’s mother) repeated comparisons to be shown in scenes.

So like most of us have mentioned, the moments Naruto and Sakura (referring to them a sasusaku, narusaku and the like sound pretty lame to me, kids these days...) spend together are merely the product of being from the same team, nothing else and nothing more, Sakura never ever cared for Naruto ***romantically**, and Naruto more or less started to accept Sakura would never be his after she begs him to bring Gaysuke back FOR HER.

It all ended back then and there. PERIOD. Any subsequent "apparent" Sakura x Naruto developments were a delusion, most likely from teens that lack how to read "signs" right and mistake them for "love" -romantic- interest... because one thing is to wish they would end together, and another keep repeating that there were signs of romantic development between them, of the last, there were none.

But as unnatural and bizarre as a Naruto x Sakura ending together would have been, Kishimoto could have gone ahead with it, same as he did with Sakura x Sasuke, no doubt. But he did not. MOVE ON people.

So this guy gave you the TROLLING OF YOUR LIFE!! And succeed BIG TIME!! Laughing

Last edited by Minami-Asakura on Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:29 am; edited 6 times in total
Minami-Asakura

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:41 pm Reply with quote
Panzer Vor wrote:
Will it take Kishimoto another 15 years to finish this new project?

Maybe. I am more convinced now he is really afraid to let go of Naruto, not enough talent to surpass it honestly, so understandable.
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:15 am Reply with quote
Minami-Asakura wrote:
Panzer Vor wrote:
Will it take Kishimoto another 15 years to finish this new project?

Maybe. I am more convinced now he is really afraid to let go of Naruto, not enough talent to surpass it honestly, so understandable.

Which happens a lot; they don't know when to just stop and try something else thus leading a work to just peter out instead of finishing with a bang
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:48 am Reply with quote
Bolt the Movie: The First?
peachsncreamsoda

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:09 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
As long we get a project that involves an official alternate ending where NaruSaku is realized, then I can deal with the NaruHina/SasuSaku ending.

Now! I don't 'ship' anything Naruto... Do I like the Sasu/Saku 'pairing'... I suppose! In the beginning I'll be the first to admit that's how I thought it'd go.
And maybe I've missed too much, but going into Shippuden, despite what some people say, I did believe it was going to be a Naru/Saku ending.

Again, I'm not into shipping. It is what it is. And I'm perfectly fine either way. I can see both!
Doesn't take away from the fact that I was a little surprised...
(And to be honest, I've always even now seen the Hina/Naru pairing a little one-sided. They never really dwelled on it as far as Naruto's side is concerned. So really, pretty meh on the way that ended. Maybe if we'd actually have seen something more towards her on his side but yeah, couldn't care too much.)

(I was actually believing for a while that there'd be some epic battle between Naruto and Sasuke and either... Sasuke would die. Or they both would! ... Part of me's glad it was a 'happy ending' but, still a little let down that it was dragged on and this is what was the ending.)

Anyways, dunno yet if I wanna see the film- but so help me god if the 'New Naruto' is basically a shitty re-telling with all the characters kids... I just can't.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:21 pm Reply with quote
SaiyanIsland already confirmed that the movie will focus on Naruto's kid and his classmates (so the new generation)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2