• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dreamworks goes fishing, reels in GitS II

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
radicaledward

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 12:34 pm Reply with quote
This is true, however as members of the anime comunity enter into adulthood and continue to watch anime as we age the "acceptabe" age for "cartoons" should chage. I don't see this happening right away, however as long as there is not a major set back to the anime community so socity should slowly change its views on anime as more of us whom grew up with anime continue to enter into "adulthood".
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 1:45 pm Reply with quote
I just think it's sad that Bebop didn't do much better than Akira. I guess the only way around animation being considered for adults is if companies sponsor and fans support PG 13 rated films. R films already have a lower turn-out
Ataru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 3:30 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
I just think it's sad that Bebop didn't do much better than Akira. I guess the only way around animation being considered for adults is if companies sponsor and fans support PG 13 rated films. R films already have a lower turn-out

But then again, they were both limited released. IF it was a wider-release (ie Spirted Away), it might have done better. I guess Hollywood thinks art should stay in the art house, but given that anime is still breaking ground in the US (Yes, I said still), it'll be a couple of years before I can go down the street to catch the newest anime movie that has been out of Japan for less then a year.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Blakerson

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 6:27 pm Reply with quote
Nice. NICE. This is so cool. Oh, man, I love living in a big city (where anime movies are shown).

...Nice.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2