• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
1st Sailor Moon Anime to Rerun on Japanese TV

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:54 pm Reply with quote
It's no longer the 90's, good luck. The writing on the wall is dust covered yet they keep insisting nostalgia will win in the end.
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:09 am Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:
I know that the series attracted a male audience, but I think the intent ...

I would not mind reading what Justin might add, but I think it is rather a academic question which probably even the people at Toei doing the anime might not remember since nobody argues with success; if males became interested in the series the producers would profit asap from it since that is the reason daylight animation was created, to sell merchandise.
Stuart Smith

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:44 am Reply with quote
I'm really surprised people are challenging the notion that Sailor Moon was a show for girls. Having male fans into it means absolutely nothing. All that matters is the target demographic, which was little girls.

I fail to see how wallscrolls, figures, or video games are indications of targeting men. It's comes off really sexist as if to say female fans don't buy posters or figures or video games of series they like. People are also ignoring the mountains of other merchandise Sailor Moon had back in the 90s.

-Stuart Smith
Lycosyncer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:59 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully, it would remind audiences that this has better story telling than the currently disappointing Sailor Moon Crystal reboot because man, Toei had no excuse for the shoddy animation of that one.
megazero

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:47 am Reply with quote
The 1st series had comedy and filler episodes, w/c are actually helpful because that made the series more memorable.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2