• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Digimon, .hack//SIGN Voice Actress Brianne Brozey Underwent 5-Hour Surgery After Accident

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:11 pm Reply with quote
Thats crazy, she just had a role on Digimon Fusion, so I never would have thought anything was wrong. Love her work, hopefully things turn around for her.
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:43 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
I loved her Kenichi in Metropolis and would gladly donate via PayPal.

Some of the people commenting in the linked article have expressed that they have witnessed the disregard to employee safety when working in the entertainment industry.

Thanks for saying this because I would have never realized she played Kenichi. She was amazing in that movie. I loved her as Tsubasa too and now that I think about it the two do sound similar. I hope everything goes well for her. I can't believe how hard a hit it was for her (and that she could have died).

Crowjack wrote:
I had a relative that died on set while filming the original Spiderman movie.

Oh my goodness, that's a sad story. I hope they at least credited him in the movie because that's the least they can do I would think? And you're right about rarely seeing any news about crew members dying during filming. How sad that they work just as hard on something as the rest of the crew, but they die totally unrecognized. Thanks for sharing.
Levitz9

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:23 pm Reply with quote
How terrible... I hope she's alright, and that she's able to make a speedy recovery.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:53 am Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
Fully agreed with you, I'm surprised that OSHA has not set up an office in Hollywood. If they had set up an office long time ago, this incident would never happened.

The office at 320 W. 4th Street, Los Angeles, CA 90013 is about 3 miles southeast of Hollywood.

There are two problems though, even if there's an office at close proximity. The first is that Hollywood is very good at evading the law through loopholes and exact words (which is likely why it took Brozey four years to finally get treated for her injury, though her not getting enough care is probably the fault of the insurance or healthcare service), and the second, bigger problem is that they won't get in trouble if no one's looking--there can't be an OSHA representative at every shooting location (let alone pre- and post-production), and when there's no official there, the sky's the limit.

Hollywood plays dirty. I've been there, and I've seen it. I haven't seen anybody actually die during shooting (and that no one knew about it for that Spider-Man incident is contemptible, though I can see why Sony would want to hide it at any cost), but I have seen people get injured and whatnot--unless it's an actor or director, the show must go on, by hook or by crook.
mdo7

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:51 am Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:

The office at 320 W. 4th Street, Los Angeles, CA 90013 is about 3 miles southeast of Hollywood.

There are two problems though, even if there's an office at close proximity. The first is that Hollywood is very good at evading the law through loopholes and exact words (which is likely why it took Brozey four years to finally get treated for her injury, though her not getting enough care is probably the fault of the insurance or healthcare service), and the second, bigger problem is that they won't get in trouble if no one's looking--there can't be an OSHA representative at every shooting location (let alone pre- and post-production), and when there's no official there, the sky's the limit.

Oh I wasn't aware OSHA had an office 3 miles from Hollywood. Also I will probably agree that Hollywood are good at evading the law. Also given this ANN report, I hope OSHA take any safety issue in Hollywood more seriously.

Quote:
Hollywood plays dirty. I've been there, and I've seen it. I haven't seen anybody actually die during shooting (and that no one knew about it for that Spider-Man incident is contemptible, though I can see why Sony would want to hide it at any cost), but I have seen people get injured and whatnot--unless it's an actor or director, the show must go on, by hook or by crook.

I believe you, and you're not alone. I hear a lot of cases where safety isn't taken seriously.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Yuki_Kun45
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:01 pm Reply with quote
I just cried when I heard this Crying or Very sad I know her as the voice of Tsukasa, Koramon, Callamon, Elk so many characters I know about she's done amazing with. I hope she can recover from this even though this sounds like something that might have terrible long term effects.

By the way does anyone have a link for Paypal donations?
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:48 am Reply with quote
Hopefully,Ms. Brozey/Sidall will be alright. She has my sympathies. Also,my condolences to crowjack for his loss. Sadly,accidents on movie sets can happen. Brandon Lee is a famous example of this. He died when a gun that wasn't checked well got on to the set of "The Crow" and he was killed. Again,I wish Ms. Brozey a speedy recovery.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2