• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Mazinkaiser SKL's Kawagoe Helms Cyborg 009's New 50th Anniversary Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wrangler

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:37 am Reply with quote
_Cyphon_ wrote:
So an anime about cyborgs? What is it about?

Not sound rude, but Get education.

I have mix feelings, i did not think the 2012 movie was great. It was not waste time watch, but whatever point of movie was making was muddered in serious psychedelic drugs climax of the plot.

CGI was ugly to me at points, if you compared it to 2001 series. Making it more watchable.

I'm more worried what their going do for plot, i rather let move on with new story then cycling through the origin again.
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:43 am Reply with quote
Wrangler wrote:
_Cyphon_ wrote:
So an anime about cyborgs? What is it about?

Not sound rude, but Get education.

Which was why I asked. -.-
GVman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:44 pm Reply with quote
trunkschan90 wrote:
I wonder if they'll do a re-adaptation of God's War.

Possibly. Joe here reminds me of the way he looked in the 1979 show, and that sorta-kinda covered God's War.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:48 pm Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
I wonder if will be a remake (follows the same storyline as the manga, maybe with some changes in order to "update" the settings) or a reinterpretation (new characters, new storyline within the established settings, all that).

Judging from the "will continue" part of that pair of sentences, I'd guess this is a sequel.

_Cyphon_ wrote:
Which was why I asked. -.-

Someone correct me if I get some parts wrong, but Cyborg 009 is about a team of people gathered from all over the world by Black Ghost, a massive weapons dealing company, and given robotic augmentations. The protagonist is the 9th member, Joe Shimomura (and given the codename 009, hence the title), who has the ability to move at supersonic speeds for short amounts of time, and shares his teammates' superhuman strength, endurance, and lack of aging. (Ivan and Francoise have normal human strength, to my knowledge, as they're mission control.)

The story begins when one of Black Ghost's top scientists, Dr. Gilmore, gets fed up with the organization and, with the nine cyborgs on his side, breaks off and vows to destroy Black Ghost. That's because Black Ghost intensifies existing social conflicts into wars or creates wars from scratch in various countries and sells arms to both sides. Naturally, Black Ghost does not take this ten-person rebellion sitting down, and the cyborgs sometimes have to defend themselves against direct attacks from Black Ghost. Black Ghost is a bit unusual in that these direct attacks tend to be at the psychological level with the intent to break their spirit.[/spoiler]
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:04 pm Reply with quote
This should be interesting. I've watched and own Mazinkaiser SKL. Man 50 years? Really? Man, that's pretty impressive. Hopefully Kawagoe can do it justice.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:19 pm Reply with quote
Of course, if it were possible, I would Joshua Seth to play 009 again.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2