• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam Build Fighters Twitter Account: OVA Projects to Launch

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheWolfhart

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Wait did anyone watch all the episodes and see Ramba Ral from Mobile Suit Gundam? Is MSG supposed to be canon in this world?
the-antihero

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:22 pm Reply with quote
Finally, this shameless toy commercial is done. Sure all other Gundam series were toy commercials but that was just one of many others attributes, this, on the other hand, is just a toy commercial with stupid plot depicting Bandai's wet dream of Gundam being the new Pokemon of the world.
r3ronaldo
SPAMMER

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:27 pm Reply with quote
I hope they are thinking about making a third season. I really enjoyed the first two.
Monster Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:36 pm Reply with quote
TheWolfhart wrote:
Wait did anyone watch all the episodes and see Ramba Ral from Mobile Suit Gundam? Is MSG supposed to be canon in this world?

Except Ramba Ral in the series is more of a joke and not based on Ramba Ral from the original series. From as far as I can tell Domon Kasshu is suppose to be the real Domon Kasshu same design even wears the same clothes and completely out of nowhere.
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:11 pm Reply with quote
The final episode of BF Try seems to have momentarily silenced the No Fun Allowed crowd (or at least given them ever so slight pause) but I'm sure they'll be back to complain profusely about the OVA's. I hope they're more than just the SD ones for the original anime though. Seems more and more these days Sunrise is just putting it's time and efforts into OVA's and Movies. I kind of like this because in general it gives more time to producer things and OVA's and Movies tend towards higher production values, I mean those Code Geass OVA's look gorgeous compared to pretty much any recent mecha anime as do the Gundam ones. Sometimes less is more....I'd like to see such a notion catch on a little more in this industry. If anything though it's just a shame that people don't seem to pay as much attention to OVA's and Movies anymore in this era of Crunchyroll and internet streaming being the on stop shop for watching anime and Daisuki being the only platform that I know of to really start streaming OVA/Movie content with Gundam The Origin.

the-antihero wrote:
Finally, this shameless toy commercial is done. Sure all other Gundam series were toy commercials but that was just one of many others attributes, this, on the other hand, is just a toy commercial with stupid plot depicting Bandai's wet dream of Gundam being the new Pokemon of the world.

Bandai already has their own versions of Pokemon including Pokemon. Lets see we've got Digimon which they own, Yokai Watch which they own the toy rights too and they're even making a Pokemon fighting game called Pokken Fighters. I think really honestly and truly Gundam Build Fighters is just supposed to be a fun sports style tribute series with toy tie ins aimed at general audiences. I really just don't see too much of a problem with that, but then again I seem to enjoy the series and I genuinely like building Gunpla (it's a fun hobby, shoot me Confused) while many seem to absolutely revile it (and have probably never actually tried sitting down to build a kit) with what feels like far too much time and energy being wasted.
TheWolfhart

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:26 pm Reply with quote
Monster Hunter wrote:
TheWolfhart wrote:

Except Ramba Ral in the series is more of a joke and not based on Ramba Ral from the original series. From as far as I can tell Domon Kasshu is suppose to be the real Domon Kasshu same design even wears the same clothes and completely out of nowhere.

He can easily be Domon Kasshu without being the very same Domon Kasshu from G Gundam.
leonard.lim.944023

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:10 am Reply with quote
Cptn_Taylor wrote:
leonard.lim.944023 wrote:
Don't compare a serious war drama to something that literally sells toys.

Don't let the froth on your mouth have the better of you.

Look's who talking.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2