• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Nintendo Drops From List of Top 100 Brands

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CallumKeyblade

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:16 am Reply with quote
The only mobile games I play are Love Live! School Idol Festival & Neko Atsume but I haven't spent a penny on them. So Nintendo would not be getting any money from me by releasing smart phone games. I guess the hope with apps is that you attract dedicated whales who will continually pour money into your game.
ParaChomp

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Good riddance. They've been doing horrible with enforcing their absurd copyright policies as of lately and are always behind when it comes to innovation.

Volkswagen's up there...
AnimeAddict2014

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Tenchi wrote:

I'm surprised Ferrari isn't on this list.

um.. all the brands on the list are brands that most people can afford

can typical middle class people afford Ferrari? if there's a list of brand among the rich and famous.. i think Ferrari will be on that list

still if i have that much money on a car i would rather spend it on a house and put it for rent.. at least i'll be earning $$ for my purchase vs losing money

**how much will it cost to insure and register a ferrari ? 5 year cost?

on other note...i see people still flocked to Apple like flies to honey
Polycell

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:28 pm Reply with quote
#815349 wrote:
This will be the true test of statement regarding the new Nintendo boss in keeping his promise to follow Iwata footsteps or just bow down to tone deaf claims by some clueless "Interbrand Japan" CEO.
Nintendo doesn't need to be on the smartphone market. Loosing focus on their portable and console system could be a very poor strategy for the company and it's fans.
Without some huge, dramatic event, the reason for a brand gaining or losing value is something we can only speculate. However, given that Nintendo's generally going after the same market that's been flocking to smartphones, the connection's a logical one.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:03 pm Reply with quote
AnimeAddict2014 wrote:
Tenchi wrote:

can typical middle class people afford Ferrari? if there's a list of brand among the rich and famous.. i think Ferrari will be on that list

still if i have that much money on a car i would rather spend it on a house and put it for rent.. at least i'll be earning $$ for my purchase vs losing money

**how much will it cost to insure and register a ferrari ? 5 year cost?

on other note...i see people still flocked to Apple like flies to honey

It depends on the state, where I live you're required to have liability coverage but not have full coverage if you own the car so it's much cheaper, it's only if you're leasing the car where you need full coverage. Registration will be the sticker shock in most places because it'll run you at least $700 minimum.
Tenchi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:10 am Reply with quote
AnimeAddict2014 wrote:
Tenchi wrote:

Hey, I can afford Ferrari... I mean, not the cars, obviously, but the merchandise, especially toy cars and videogames. That's as valuable to Ferrari as sales of the few thousand cars they make in Maranello every year.

Porsche made the list and while low-end Porsches are relatively affordable compared to even the entry level Ferrari 458, they're not exactly middle class cars. BMW, Audi, and Mercedes-Benz are on the list too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2