• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Macross Delta (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RestLessone

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:58 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Wait, I thought this was slated to be a Spring 2016 series? Did I miss something?

There was a preview special that aired on December 31 and featured most of the first episode. It also announced the spring release date.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, Macross Frontier did the same thing back in the day.

Of course one needs to resort to certain... 'methods' to watch it.
Key

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:03 pm Reply with quote
Oh, I see. I also seem to recall Le Chevalier d'Eon doing that back in the day. . .
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stampeed Valkyrie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:28 pm Reply with quote
This is going to be like watching a train wreck in slow motion.... err wait that was Macross 7.. planet dance.. make it stop!

Frontier took abit to grow on me... but Delta... I really hope my initial impressions are wrong.. but it has several things I dislike about other current anime series..

I'll really be amused if Macross 2 ends up more likeable..
Beltane70

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:50 pm Reply with quote
Other than Macross II, I haven't yet seen a Macross series I didn't like. I doubt that Delta will be no different.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:59 pm Reply with quote
I love II, personally. I think it gets too much hate simply because it's not consider canon.

... Just like how Delta seems to be getting hate for being not Macross-like even though Macross has always been like that.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:53 pm Reply with quote
I disliked II even before it became non-canon. It started out OK, but went downhill after about the third episode. Plus, it really didn't feel all that like a Macross show.

One thing I learned about Delta, spoiler[is that the character, Mirage Fallyna Jenius, is the daughter of one of Max and Milia's second youngest daughter, Miranda.]
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:32 pm Reply with quote
Mind you at the time of II's release what constitutes a "Macross show" had yet to be defined. Still it has all the classic elements of Macross, right down to the girl the protag initially doesn't get along with winning. I'd say it deserves some flak for it's finale basically copying Do You Remember Love's, though.

And yeah, there was a special screening of episode 1 and 2 of Delta at some con. So at least any spoilers floating around will be common knowledge in a few weeks anyways.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:10 am Reply with quote
Episode 1 got extended slightly this week with the full air. But still, it's pretty much the same with the details of the fighting near the end being shown in full this time.

What a cliffhanger though....again. I bet Hayate has some connections with that song as well at seeing their resonance.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:19 am Reply with quote
Subs when? Sad

Damn you Harmony Gold...
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:25 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Subs when? Sad

Damn you Harmony Gold...

Yeah, if we don't have a confirmation of someone simulcasting this by the end of the day, we likely never will. Fansubs it'll have to be, I just hope it can reunite some oldtimers. Just as well, because I don't want a bitrate-starved 330MB episode of Macross that CR offers, or the somehow large filesize but terrible looking release from FUNi.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:23 pm Reply with quote
Well a certain group has come back from the dead to save the day. We just won't get the speed we'd have gotten with a simulcast.

Regardless, we'll get our fix. I liked the pre-airing, but man the full episode was freakin' amazing! I thought I could wait for Ikenai Borderline before but nope! The action was phenomenal and Hayate has some mad skills in a Valkyrie. Meeting Freyja has opened a whole new world to him... Yet he's still going to choose Mirage in the end Laughing
Beltane70

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:44 pm Reply with quote
Other than the footage added to the ending, the only change that I noticed between the New Year's Eve broadcast and the final broadcast edition was that the scene where Mirage sends energy to recharge Makina's (I think it was) drones after they expend their energy defending a crowd of civilians.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:53 pm Reply with quote
You're right, they did remove that. Guess they had to make time somewhere.

Still, it's not like Frontier, where the preview and actual episode 1 were considerably different.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:39 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Still, it's not like Frontier, where the preview and actual episode 1 were considerably different.

And weren't all the scenes put back into place for the BD episode?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 20