• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Get Your Heart Pounding with The Top 20 Anime & Manga Love Confessions

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TnAdct1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:36 pm Reply with quote
One love confession that is seriously missing from this list: Nodoka Miyazaki to Negi Springfield in Mahou Sensei Negima.

Yeah, it does result in Negi is not yet ready to respond to that love confession and opted that they start off as friends (understandable, given this age). However, I do feel it should have been on the list for a number of reasons:

1. The one that makes the love confession is someone that would have the hardest time to do this.

2. The love confession takes place very early in the Negima manga (volume 4 in a 38 volume title).

3. The love confession sets up a major character for Nodoka: the fact that while she may be mousy, she is still one of the bravest girls in the entire manga.
Animechic420

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:49 pm Reply with quote
Are there any love confessions over the age of 19??? Like, adult confessions?
Kurohei

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:50 pm Reply with quote
animechic420 wrote:

Guts and Casca from Berserk.
Nyren

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:17 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
As much as I love FMAB (and the FMA manga), Ed/Winry seemed like such an afterthought at the end. "Oh yeah, there WAS some romantic tension... uh, let's get married, 'because babies ever after ending."

Even Yang Wenli and Frederica Greenhill from LoGH had a more passionate coupling.

Now Domon Kasshu and Rain Mikamura... that's a confession. That should be a lot higher on the list.
Yes! This scene deserves the praise!
Top Gun

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:52 pm Reply with quote
Cyclone1993 wrote:
I'm just glad to see Renton and Eureka represented they definitely have to be my number one. Especially since it's over 10 years old I didn't expect it to be on this list. But I'm so glad it is!

Definitely. Still one of the best-portrayed love stories I've seen in any medium.
kinghumanity

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:38 pm Reply with quote
#1 Kirito to Asuna? Really? Come on. It's literally a poorly written "romance" fanfic.
sunflower

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:51 pm Reply with quote
animechic420 wrote:

Can you list some you like? I'd like to read/watch some stories like that.

--
I saw the same list yesterday and someone reminded me of InuXBoku SS and the very moving confessions at the end. I think that one is my favorite. It's strange but thinking of shoujo manga, which I love, I can't think of one scene that stands out to me, maybe because I like shoujo that reveals its romance slowly so there's no huge burst of confessions. Shounen manga tends to have the emotions explode; at least the shounen I read does.
Animechic420

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:37 am Reply with quote
sunflower wrote:
animechic420 wrote:

Can you list some you like? I'd like to read/watch some stories like that.

--
I saw the same list yesterday and someone reminded me of InuXBoku SS and the very moving confessions at the end. I think that one is my favorite. It's strange but thinking of shoujo manga, which I love, I can't think of one scene that stands out to me, maybe because I like shoujo that reveals its romance slowly so there's no huge burst of confessions. Shounen manga tends to have the emotions explode; at least the shounen I read does.

InuXBoku SS was a good confessions. I felt the emotions.

Honestly, I want to my anime list on anime planet and scrolled through countless titles to find the right anime. Which is about 664, mind you. I gotta tell ya, it's hard because there are very little adult confession anime out there.

Right now, the only anime I can think of are Baccano! and Ninja Scroll. Claire's confession to Chane was just so sweet and Kagero's last words to Jubei really hit its mark for me.
pinder_2009

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:40 am Reply with quote
I'm very glad to see the CCS confession as high as it is, it really was a good one. And I agree that the Women's list is much, much better than the Men's list (the Kirito/Asuna being #1 is really disappointing)
sunflower

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:54 am Reply with quote
animechic420 wrote:

Honestly, I want to my anime list on anime planet and scrolled through countless titles to find the right anime. Which is about 664, mind you. I gotta tell ya, it's hard because there are very little adult confession anime out there.

Right now, the only anime I can think of are Baccano! and Ninja Scroll. Claire's confession to Chane was just so sweet and Kagero's last words to Jubei really hit its mark for me.

I couldn't think of any either, including the josei I'd read. Maybe adults are written to be less passionate about their love.

I really love the confession between Claire and Chane and but for some reason was thinking they were younger. Their relationship may be my favorite thing about Baccano!. I've never watched Ninja Scroll because I got the feeling it was ultra depressing. And lol since you mention last words I think I'll continue to give it a pass.

Now I need to see if I can find some adult confessions from my lists.
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:17 am Reply with quote
Domon and Rain wins just because of Love Love Tenkyoken. Eureka and Renton was also a good one because their relationship was the cornerstone of the whole series and it does come off as triumphant and touching.

One that wasn't on this list that I find underrated was in Rurouni Kenshin with Kaoru to Kenshin. It's not overt with its choice of words, but it's clear Kenshin understood what she meant. Casca and Guts was also legendary.
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:22 am Reply with quote
Frankly I'm surprised that Inuyasha and Kagome didn't make the list. However my favorite one believe it or not is when Goku finally confessed his love to Chi-Chi. Cool
irfanf

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:52 am Reply with quote
2 of the Men Top Ten is from Oreimo... Rolling Eyes
Also, ObabeXKurisu ftw
Seiya0890

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:47 am Reply with quote
What about Bleach ? Orihime to Ichigo ? It was quite beautiful, even though one was sleeping...
Jonny Mendes

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:15 am Reply with quote
My favorite is Hinata to Yui (Angel Beats!). I still remember the feelings that confession on that circumstances brought.

Kyousuke to Kirino (Oreimo) was good too because of the forbidden love aspect of the story (but im still in team Ayase).

I think Kirito to Asuna (Sword Art Online) is a good #1 because is a example how a LN MC should confess to the main heroine at the beginning and not wait more than 10 volumes or lots of episodes to see the main romance develop.
In than aspect Stella to Ikki (Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry) is good too.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4