• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
David Hayter Teases Dubbing of Metal Gear Solid's Snake Again

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:46 pm Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:

Sutherland was older Big Boss/Venom Snake, Hayter is and always will be Solid Snake.

Except for the cases of Snake Eater, Portable Ops, & Peace Walker where Hayter was Big Boss just because.

SageModeKakarot wrote:
well to be fair the character in MGSV was Big Boss (AKA Venom Snake) and not Solid Snake so i for one thought giving an OLDER Big Boss a different voice was the right move in order to differentiate him from Solid Snake

People complaining about that seem to casually forget Big Boss having a different voice actor in Guns Of The Patriots.
MrBonk

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:28 am Reply with quote
Really is a shame EgoJima went full retard on trying to gain that mass appeal factor. (Meanwhile Japan got to keep Otsuka) And then promptly taking the number of spoken lines to nil because then that would mean they'd have to pay Sutherland even MORE money! Shocker.

At the very least, Hayter should've been his voice for GZ and then have it change for TPP. It could've made sense, coma for 10 years. 10 years have passed. Throat could've been damaged. Big boss would've had to sound different eventually anyway. Considering SS&BB's relationship, MG1&2 and MGS4.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:47 pm Reply with quote
MrBonk wrote:
Really is a shame EgoJima went full retard on trying to gain that mass appeal factor. (Meanwhile Japan got to keep Otsuka) And then promptly taking the number of spoken lines to nil because then that would mean they'd have to pay Sutherland even MORE money! Shocker.

At the very least, Hayter should've been his voice for GZ and then have it change for TPP. It could've made sense, coma for 10 years. 10 years have passed. Throat could've been damaged. Big boss would've had to sound different eventually anyway. Considering SS&BB's relationship, MG1&2 and MGS4.

Nah people would still bitch......Egojima is a bit unfair on a name though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2