• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Experience Unveils Yomi wo Saku Hana RPG for Xbox One

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 7:32 pm Reply with quote
ScruffyKiwi wrote:
enurtsol wrote:
They're not just targeting Japan - atypical of small J-developers, Experience has had abroad outlook and actually wants to sell these in the West, so they think globally for the reasons I postulated above.

Nope .. article states a Japan release in 2017. It's hard to target the west with a Japanese language release!!!

Were ya expecting it to be released in the West at the same time for a small developer?
(Stranger of Sword City Xbox: Japan - 2014, West - 2016)

There are Western XB1 owners who want to play JRPG. If they have PS4, they have zillions to choose from. If they want it for XB1, there's far fewer. And so there's Experience more visible to choose from, more likely to be chosen. And as mentioned, if even just one-half of 1% of the approx. 20 million XB1 consoles sold so far (of course by 2017-19, it'd be more than that) buys Yomi wo Saku Hana, the game would have made handsomely.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 8:21 pm Reply with quote
@ enurtsol

You are right on type o. I dont see an issue an if they port it to multiple platforms to make it for both. I just meant in the sense if they can only port it to one it will usually be the ps4, but if they have the resources, at least in the US it makes sense to port to the one since its fanbase is rpg starved and the Wii U is dead in the water.
Cetais

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 2:32 am Reply with quote
[quote="ScruffyKiwi"]
enurtsol wrote:

I suspect that the very few XBox One sales in Japan are to the Japanese "western" otakus who are into FPS's and are unlikely to want a JRPG anyway!

Don't forget foreigners, since you can get an XB1 and the latest halo for really cheap in Japan.
EternalAbyss

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 2:14 am Reply with quote
Experience has been cranking out a lot of games. They just released Ray Gigant and Stranger of Sword City. Demon Gaze 2 has a TBA in 2016 sometime and now they're releasing this game. I can't play too many RPGs at once! This is Madness!
darkdeath174

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 1:42 pm Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
Lol. this will not happen, if a vita game ever gets ported to a console it will be the ps4, but not the xbox one.

Well seeing as they have zero PS4 games, not likely to happen anytime soon.

As I said Experience Inc. developing multiple unannounced Xbox One titles for Western release. It only makes sense if some of those are Vita ports, though I guess they could be their older PC games or Students of the Round.

Unless they are porting some of their older game they will be many many years out from release.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2