• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Games - Nioh Impressions

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cetais

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:22 pm Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
I'll be playing [b]
I'm only getting into the Trails series myself. It's not too confusing though, each Trails set is its own story arc in a single universe. There will be easter eggs, but you can jump in at CS1 without any problem, I sure did. I am going to acquire Trails in the Sky on PSP soon though. And I've finally decided to get a PS TV, so I can play Trails SC on that or PSP (but there's other things I want too, Vita is a RPG and VN machine). I may get a proper Vita later, but I can't afford the whole thing right now.

I personally think the PC versions are better than the PSP ones.
The PC got a couple updates fixing (minor) bugs and did some quality of life changes.
(I don't want my post to be interpreted as "PC Master Race", I just want to say that the PC versions got patches that couldn't be made for the PSP version.)

There's also Trails in the Sky 3rd which will be exclusively on PC (because, releasing a PSP game in 2017 wouldn't be a good idea)

If they ever get to Trails of Azure and Trails of Zero, they will also be only on PC.
Those games are a decade old, any average PC could run them.

I'm still in the beginning of Trails of Cold Steel 1, and I'll buy the second game really soon. I really need to ask for my friend's PS3 so I could play it again Razz
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:24 am Reply with quote
Now it's only a matter of time until VR girlfriends with AI become a real thing and I'm sure that it'll all work out well after all with AI what could possibly go wrong? Very Happy
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:53 am Reply with quote
AnimeLordLuis wrote:
Now it's only a matter of time until VR girlfriends with AI become a real thing and I'm sure that it'll all work out well after all with AI what could possibly go wrong? Very Happy

Have you seen the "Giffany" episode of Gravity Falls?
Top Gun

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:12 am Reply with quote
AnimeLordLuis wrote:

"DON'T! DATE! ROBOTS!"
CorneredAngel

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:25 am Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
I'm all set for Cold Steel II. Anyone else? :D

Been set since I was like an hour into the first game!

Also good to keep in mind, not only does "clear data from that title carries over here", but at least some of the scenes are based on how how you played certain parts of the first game - who you ended up with at the dance, that sort of thing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
DLH112

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:37 am Reply with quote
I think this is the only time I've read this article where I'm getting all of the games. I just finished getting the platinum in Cold Steel about a week ago, and all 125 hours were worth it. I haven't been so excited for a sequel in a long time...

I bought a 3DS on black friday a year ago and a few RPGs in a buy 2 get 1 free sale, but the phoenix wright trilogy + dual destinies are the only games I've played through completely on my 3DS. I can't wait to see Maya again!

Touhou... I got it because I like Touhou in general/want to support getting doujin touhou games released on console. Really, I mainly ordered it because the limited edition was the same price as a $60 regular game including shipping.
Paiprince

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:15 pm Reply with quote
I am so happy that the Legend of Heroes series is finally getting the proper recognition it deserves. We've come a long way from how this was considered an obscure franchise from as early as 2014. Never underestimate the power of the Word of Mouth!

With the sequel coming out, Xseed would be foolish to not localize Zero/Ao knowing that spoiler[there is a Gaiden chapter that features Crossbell which will make little sense unless you played those games.] And to be quite honest, Zero/Ao are the pinnacle of the series, not to say the Liberl or Erebonian games are bad. It's just that the duology does everything better. Smile

The VR patch for DDOAX3 is some much needed change, especially when the game has devolved into bikini grinding which gets old really fast. Would be really interesting if you can interact with them to the level of humans almost. Of course, I might be getting to far ahead on that thought. Just goes to show that technology advanced under the motivation of sexiness.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:11 pm Reply with quote
Hoppy800 wrote:
The Nintendo Direct at least the Japanese one was pretty good, although Super Mario Maker for the 3DS is complete trash without online features (Nintendo just gutted what Super Mario Maker was all about), but I can't wait for Puyo Puyo Chronicle (please have a stage for this at TGS, Sega), Ever Oasis, Pokemon Sun and Moon, and Tank Trooper.

The 3DS version of Super Mario Maker has its mix of good and bad ideas. Handing an incomplete course to someone else could actually work, and collaborative courses are a logical next step. But yeah, you cannot take courses created in Super Mario Maker 3DS and put them online, nor can you export them to Super Mario Maker Wii U, which I figured was the big appeal.

Super Mario Maker 3DS will still be good for people who just want to play 100-Mario Challenge or whatever though. The Wii U version has had an increasing amount of people who play courses and never star anything. I looked into it and noticed most of these people have never put up any courses, so I figured there's been an increasing trend of people who always play and never build.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:12 am Reply with quote
"DoA" and "controversy", by now, have nearly become synonymous with each other.-[
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2