• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Live-Action Gundam Short Imagines a Documentary After the One Year War

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Merman-X

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:39 am Reply with quote
despite having only the run time of 7 minutes & 54 seconds, this is a trillion times way better than G-Saviour.
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:33 am Reply with quote
Nice. It's just like that Halo 3 ads where actors played as veterans of the Human-Covenant War talk about the battles and Master Chief.
Zimba

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:12 am Reply with quote
Wow! This is great!
megazero

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:27 pm Reply with quote
Orange Hollow wrote:
Paul D. Atreides wrote:

Can someone please tell me what the woman was saying?

Although her pronunciation is almost good, she makes a lot of mistakes no native speaker would make. This is what she said

"There is no sky in a colony that grew up in. But in this colony there is, enviably, a sky, even if it's not real. You can feel a pleasant breeze.

I was a first mechanical engineer on a military cruiser of Zeon Dukedom. The first task was a mission in 79th year - the attack on Side 7 in order to destroy the first Federation's mobile suit. Yes today is the first time that I came to Side 7, but for some reason I have a feeling that I’m here not the first time. Here in that battle I for the first time lost my classmate. This Gundam’s head was blown off by captain Char. Then everyone thought that it was lost in space, but actually it was picked up by army of Zeon for their research. That research helped to develop new mobile suit, a suit which development accelerated, as also a self-development of mankind. With age this is what I understood – if in a past mankind had chosen another path, then surely there would be a world without war. I think, that there’s no need for scientific and technological progress for that. There is no other way than development of mankind itself, so that we could better understand and love each other.

After my birth I never was on Earth. Since childhood every time I looked up at my colony where there was no sky, I dreamed to see someday a real sky on Earth."

Thanks for the translation.
Should have put this in YouTube. Smile
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2