• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Inori Minase Cancels Events, Appearances After Receiving Death Threat Online

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SWAnimefan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:26 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
It's a good thing that this didn't happen in the USA because then people might be arguing our free speech laws. While I am a big fan of the 1st Amendment, I sometimes think there should be some tougher restrictions on it.

Na, threatening someone, even online is a criminal offense. And you can't claim First Amendment rights since websites (like Facebook) are considered private property, not public.

Anyhow, glad the guy was caught. It's a shame this is still going on in Japan. Thankfully, it didn't turn into another knife-incident. It just makes it harder for the fans to out and have fun.
Sparvid

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:17 pm Reply with quote
She's still (technically) scheduled for her respective first solo appearances at Lisani Live 2017 (Jan 28th) and Anime Kohaku Utagassen (Feb 5th). Hopefully she can make it there.
Afezeria

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:06 am Reply with quote
SWAnimefan wrote:
Yeah, it is a shame that someone didn't bother reading this article properly and just concluded that this shit probably were caused by some Japanese, again, even though that it occurred due to some dumbass from Taiwan.
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:55 am Reply with quote
I've gotta say this. What a JERK!!!!!!!!!!! This Inori Minase has to cancel all of her events and appearances because of a pinhead on line. I'm glad they caught that loser. Although the guy did have some disabilities,that's still no excuse to do what he did. I hope he goes to jail or gets some counseling or whatever. This idiot had to scare the living daylights out of her and her fans and for what? Because he had to do a joke that wasn't very funny. To me,this clown has a pretty sick sense of humor. I don't think anybody thought what he did was funny,least of all,Ms. Minase.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2