• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 1st Fate/stay night: Heaven's Feel Film Reveals Full Title, October 14 Premiere

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:44 am Reply with quote
Kuro shinigami wrote:
it depends on how long the movies are as well as what they decide to cut, their is plenty of areas that can be left out or implied through visual storytelling. However it'll depend on how skilled the director is. Which will be hard to judge since the only thing he directed was Kara no kyoukai mirai fukuin, which was a great Almost 1:1 adaptation of the novel. And on to your point of the translation of fate/stay night, yeah it is extremely bad as a translation. It doesn't help that the person who did it was not a native speaker in Japanese or English, and was also a highschool student when he translated it.

I hope they don't leave out the important stuff from the beginning, not that I want another 40 minute prologue, but the stuff from the Fate route before it splits needs to be in the movie, mainly because Type Lunatics often tell the new fandom to skip Studio Deen's Fate route, and cutting out the important stuff from the beginning is what made Deen's UBW adaptation really bad was because it's not newcomer friendly, they expected people to have watched the Fate route already or have read the VN.

The problem with UBW 2014 is it's not stand alone, you have to have seen Fate/Zero at least. Deen's pragmatic adaptation back in the day was because VN routes do not usually get multiple adaptations but stands alone. You don't need Fate/Zero and UBW is also the middle route after you've seen Shirou's character development from the Fate route and you see his ideals deconstructed. Without Deen's anime or reading the VN you hate him, but people who have read/watched it, like him more because he gets more development.

I do hope these movies are at least two and a half hours long each so they can show everything they can.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2