• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Quote Game: Round 17

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:30 am Reply with quote
Hint #3: spoiler[The first season was simulcast by one company. No one simulcast season 2. Another company simulcast season 3, adding 1 and 2 along with it. This 4th season wasn't picked up by anyone. ]
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:14 am Reply with quote
Hint #4: spoiler[A fights with a scythe, B fights with her fists, but they both fight with the power of music.]
Cam0

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:27 am Reply with quote
I'm guessing this is from spoiler[Symphogear AXZ? My guess is that A is Kirika and B is Hibiki. Uh... maybe Kirika is putting her life on the line to protect Hibiki?]
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:19 am Reply with quote
Correct.
Cam0

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:30 pm Reply with quote
Oh, ok. Well, next quote from subs:

"Why? I plan to crush the [spoiler] who betrayed me. And I expected you to argue that that was wrong. Aren't you even going to do that? Why won't you? The look in your eyes is that of someone trying to understand me... Of someone trying to put himself in my place and see things from my perspective. Are you telling me that you plan to understand me, and still reject everything I am... X?!"
Cam0

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:47 am Reply with quote
Hint 1. spoiler[The speaker first appears to be the main character's, X's, ally but later turns out to be this arc's main villain.]
Cam0

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:13 am Reply with quote
Hint 2. spoiler[The main character, X, lost his powers after defeating the show's central villain. This arc has been about him trying to regain his powers.]
Raftina

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:09 am Reply with quote
This is spoiler[Kugo Ginjo from Bleach, thinking about Ichigo's mental state as he fights bankai Ichigo].
Cam0

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:05 am Reply with quote
Correct.
Raftina

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:34 pm Reply with quote
sub
A; I hate uncertainty. I don't want to end up disappointed down the road.
B: Nothing in life is certain. There's no telling what the future holds. But right now, I love you! I want you to take this risk with me.
Raftina

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:15 am Reply with quote
Hint #1: spoiler[Protagonist B just confessed love to childhood friend A, who had been harboring a possessive love for B for a long time.]

Hint #2: spoiler[B realized her love for A and worked up her courage to confess after a chat with the ex-boyfriend on whom she cheated with A.]

Hint #3: spoiler[This series of TV shorts starts with A groping B during a group date, allegedly for practice later for B's boyfriend.]
Key

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:09 am Reply with quote
Knew this after the second clue but apparently wasn't paying attention last night. spoiler[Yuma (B) to Hotaru (A) at the climax of Netsuzou Trap -NTR-]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Raftina

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:36 am Reply with quote
That is correct.
Key

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:16 am Reply with quote
Some unexpected distractions have come up, so I'm going to have to pass my turn this time.

Turn is open.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Key

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:35 am Reply with quote
Since no one else has claimed the turn, I'll go ahead and post one anyway. From the dub, and I'll accept a general context until I provide a hint about the specific context.

History does not exist in space. Past, present, future. . . these are subjective human concepts, points on a limited axis of time. However, if humanity continues to seek out new places to populate, those points may become a line, and the history of mankind will become a flower blooming throughout the universe.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 32