• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
KONOSUBA - An Explosion on This Wonderful World! (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 11:24 am Reply with quote
Episode 5

This episode really drove home Megumin's imouto's cuteness. Too adorable! I think Komekko is a character unique to this show, right? Did she ever appear in the main Konosuba shows or the OVAs? I honestly can't remember. In any case, I'm a fan now. Well, as Alice Cooper once said, school's out and Megumin and Yunyun are now free to pursue their illustrious adventuring careers. What can go wrong???

It was great to see Megumin's... explosive... introduction to magic.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 11:48 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Episode 5

This episode really drove home Megumin's imouto's cuteness. Too adorable! I think Komekko is a character unique to this show, right? Did she ever appear in the main Konosuba shows or the OVAs? I honestly can't remember. In any case, I'm a fan now. Well, as Alice Cooper once said, school's out and Megumin and Yunyun are now free to pursue their illustrious adventuring careers. What can go wrong???

It was great to see Megumin's... explosive... introduction to magic.

...I am flabbergasted...truly... judging by your comments you did not watch the glorious Konosuba movie which features said cute sister and the village of magical idiots..... walk of shame.

Jokes aside, the Konosuba movie is a great watch.
As for the episode, very fun and the true adventures can now begin.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 12:10 pm Reply with quote
The truly sad thing? I actually HAVE seen the Konosuba movie and obviously have ZERO memory of Komekko.

In my defense, I was hitting the cocaine/heroin speedballs pretty hard in those days... Wink
Cam0

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 3:34 pm Reply with quote
Oh, she was great in the movie too.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 3:45 pm Reply with quote
Indeed. And no doubt I would have remembered her if I didn't suffer from dementia...
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 5:05 am Reply with quote
Wasn't it in the second season that we saw Megumin's and Yunyun's embarrassing memories, which I think also included some of Komeko being impressed by Megumin's food gathering?

A sort of surprise I had from the episode, unless it was hinted before and I just forgot. But Megumin was actually aware the whole time through the show that Chomsuke is not not a lot regular cat, but quite likely highly connected to an actual dark demon god entity. But really has treated her the same as any other pet she would have said is her familiar. I don't remember Megumin ever bringing attention to her cat actually more than her chuuni thing.

Megumin's first explosion was something to behold. The fortune telling of her future party was censored, and left the poor seer very confused.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 7:02 am Reply with quote
When it comes to the Crimson Demons you never know what they truly feel or think of something.
Edjwald

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 9:39 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
I don't remember Megumin ever bringing attention to her cat actually more than her chuuni thing.

Like I needed an excuse to rewatch Konosuba <g>

[/quote] Megumin's first explosion was something to behold. The fortune telling of her future party was censored, and left the poor seer very confused.[/quote]

I took it as she didn't have the heart to tell Megumin what horrible glimpse of the future she'd gotten a peek of. Either way, I thought it was a pretty good chuckle.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 7:59 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6

Aw, I kinda feel sorry for that nice demon lady. Clearly, she has a problem being attracted to trashy men. And she paid out all that dough and didn't even get her Mistress. Now that Megumin has her staff and eye patch I think her origin story is officially complete, right? There's no remaining item to obtain, he plaintively asks those with better memories?
Edjwald

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 6:48 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
[u][b] Now that Megumin has her staff and eye patch I think her origin story is officially complete, right? There's no remaining item to obtain, he plaintively asks those with better memories?

Shouldn't be as far as I recall. From the next week montage, it looks like Yunyun rejoins Megumin soon. Which I'm glad of, cos I'm enjoying getting to see how Yunyun's back story plays out as much if not more than Megumin's. It does make me wonder how Megumin is going to wind upspoiler[ alone and starving] when she finally meets Kazuma and company though.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 4:01 am Reply with quote
I don't know if it counts as cheating to look at previews, but it kind of looks like Megumin might have a run in with the Axis cult, which I think I remember that she was scared of.

Also, is Megumin really going to wonder with the company she picks up after the sort of thing she already pulled off in this episode of getting the money but keeping Chomusuke.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2023 5:48 am Reply with quote
Episode 7

Weirdly good to have some Aqua energy back in the series, as they are certainly her people. But at the same time, I was also thinking that Kazuma is not too different from them as he might have wanted.

Also turns out that Megumin is not blameless for things that happen later.
Edjwald

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2023 3:15 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Episode 7

Weirdly good to have some Aqua energy back in the series, as they are certainly her people. .

I enjoyed it too. It occurred to me that Aqua and Eris are just a little bit similar to Megumin and Yunyun. You've got the erratic eccentric constantly getting into bizarre scrapes and shamelessly self-promoting herself, and the conscientious, hard working, nice one with some degree of common sense. The difference is, in the Red Demon village, Yunyun is the one that gets ignored or ostracized..
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2023 3:50 am Reply with quote
I remember from the main series how truly terrifying those from the Axis Order can be. They truly are her people.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2023 9:11 am Reply with quote
Ya gotta figure that any organization with "Axis" in its name is not gonna be good news...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4