• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Rurouni Kenshin to Be 2-Part Shin Kyoto Video Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Kyoto Kai!!!

Though they have to do better than that promo art....... That's worse than the TV series, and these are supposed to be movies....... Laughing
opn

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:11 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
and Studio DEEN are returning to animate the new series

.......DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!
with deen doing this is expect them to pull what they did with nura and rush it even if it is movies and the fact their stupid enough to NOT make it a tv series and remake it is just a terrible move.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:24 pm Reply with quote
I told GWOtaku this over twitter, but this really makes me wonder if a bunch of Japanese execs saw the success of Evangelion, and FMA Brotherhood and just thought that people really must like new animation failing to notice that those projects are mostly new stories (Evangelion is completely different by the second movie, and FMA Brotherhood changes direction completely at episode 14)
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Charred Knight wrote:
I told GWOtaku this over twitter, but this really makes me wonder if a bunch of Japanese execs saw the success of Evangelion, and FMA Brotherhood and just thought that people really must like new animation failing to notice that those projects are mostly new stories (Evangelion is completely different by the second movie, and FMA Brotherhood changes direction completely at episode 14)

FMA:BH didn't change direction. it's almost 100% follow the manga.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
Charred Knight wrote:

FMA:BH didn't change direction. it's almost 100% follow the manga.

I am talking about compared to the first anime.
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:20 pm Reply with quote
...that's IT? Seriously, just two movies told from Misao's perspective? Well, that's a serious disappointment. Even if these were two hours long that would still barely be over a third of how long the tv series' Kyoto arc was. I just hope these might do well enough for the Jinchu arc to be animated.
Running Wild

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:50 pm Reply with quote
This is dumb. Every Kenshin fan out there wants to see Jinchuu Arc animated. But a re-telling of the Kyoto Arc from Misao's Point Of View? Seriously? She wasn't even present for the major battles (Sano vs Anji, Saito vs Usui, and Kenshin's battles against Aoshi, Soujiro and Shishio himself.)
burnfist23

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:01 pm Reply with quote
My guess is that the two movies will be used to set up the Jinchuu arc since it's been years since the series ended. I swear, if this doesn't end with the Jinchuu arc, I'm officially giving up.
kyokun703

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:18 pm Reply with quote
Well, I guess that's one way to pare down the series--if you only tell it from Misao's POV, since she wasn't there for the entire Shishio's base sequence. This sounds even less promising now. Confused
opn

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:19 pm Reply with quote
burnfist23 wrote:
My guess is that the two movies will be used to set up the Jinchuu arc since it's been years since the series ended. I swear, if this doesn't end with the Jinchuu arc, I'm officially giving up.

oh how i wish that would be true.....but knowing deen they will just do this and not do the junchuu arc but maybe one day a company like a-1 pictures will animate the jinchuu arc....oh how i wish.
ittoujuu

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:29 pm Reply with quote
I, too, can't help but feel a bit disappointed. The first time ANN posted "New Kenshin anime green-lit," I felt so excited - that they might finally do the Revenge Arc, or maybe a full-series reboot like FMA: Brotherhood (if a series that new can get a reboot, I figure it's not entirely out of the realm of possibility for RK). But some two-parter remake of the Kyoto Arc...and with extra focus on Misao, of all people?

I do appreciate them gathering the old VA cast and people like the original director and composer, but if they're going to go to the trouble of doing that, why not just do the final story arc? It's already a proven property, and that's lower-risk than an original venture, and the current market really favors low-risk, right?

I'll still see it, sure, but I'm not sure what to think at this point.
FMABleach

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:54 pm Reply with quote
.............wtf?

a remake of the Kyoto Arc but in Misao's view?!

WHAT MADNESS IS THIS!?!?!?!?

THE JINCHUU ARC IS NOT BEING MADE?!?!?!

What a let down. I was hoping for the Jinchuu arc. WAY TO GET MY HOPES UP JAPAN T_____T

AND IT'S ONLY A 2 PART MOVIE!??!?! DX
FaytLein

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Honestly, while I would have loved a Brotherhood version of RuroKen, this news isn't THAT bad, since Misao goes through the most in Kyoto arc, and instead of ending with a guy that spontaneously combusts, you get a big scale battle with Kenshin-gumi vs Juppongatana, and you will get an awesome Hiko battle. This news isn't so terrible, and if this does well, we might get either a true Jinchu arc or a Brotherhood-esque series.
FMABleach

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:02 pm Reply with quote
^ I sure hope you're right....Anime cry

It's not that I don't like Misao but still she was barely in the battle with Shishio so how can it be truly in her view?
gatotsu911

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Wait, seriously? ...seriously??

(and yet I will inevitably end up seeing it anyway...)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5