• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shonen Jump

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trigunner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 2:13 am Reply with quote
Cool Yo it's da Trigunner
Does anyone read yugioh shohen jump? my mates aunty is a correspondent for somethin' in japan and she always lends me them. They are the american jump i think, and they charge 1780 yen for them what a rip-off!.

Trigunner Anime hyper
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Ryuko

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 12:12 pm Reply with quote
I subscribe to Shonen Jump.. God I was so excited when it first came out. (MASSIVE FAN OF SHAMAN KING) And so I bought off the newsstand up until the fifth issue, and got the 20.00 subscription on the last day!! ^_^V

I read everything, but I leave DBZ for the last. And I've bought the Shaman King graphic novel... Maybe I'll buy One Piece as well, and possibly Sand Land. I'm also really excited for Hikaru no Go. ^___^
radicaledward

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 12:50 pm Reply with quote
I have a subscription as well, my only (major) complant is that it seemed like as soon as the graphic novels were anounced the ads for the graphic novels started popping up on every page of the magizine. I don't mind the odd ad here or there, but having one on every page does get distracting after awile.
Neo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 2:23 pm Reply with quote
I dont subscribe but am looking foward to. They have some decent Magna and I like it far better then the sampler Tokyopop gives out every few months.
So DraZtic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 2:41 pm Reply with quote
im subscribed...they send the issues before there really suppose to

i have the november edition(or october i cant remember)

rurouni kenshin IS in it and will be running on shonen jump

the other new manga isnt on yet but i think it will be in soon
Tis Grief

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 7:38 pm Reply with quote
Ruruoni Kenshin IS in the latest issue of Shonen Jump - as a preview. Even says so on the cover if I'm not mistaken. And, in the "next issue" section, there's no "ad" for the next Ruruoni, so it will not be continuing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
psylocke9

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:26 pm Reply with quote
Tis Grief is unfortunately correct...the preview was enough to make me anxious to buy the graphic novel, though! Very Happy
space clam

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 1:40 pm Reply with quote
I personally don't care for Shounen Jump, because the only mangas I like from it are Hakusho and One Piece (so I've heard) SJ seems to be a "gateway drug" of anime, hitting the mainstream audience, inspiring them to get into anime/manga and buy the graphic novel volumes. It does a good work, but my money rests with Tokyopop.

--I flush the toilets of weakness with mushroom clouds in hand...--V-Shaped Mind
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
EviAngel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 12:28 pm Reply with quote
Shorty22 wrote:
According to this article, Rurouni Kenshin is NOT being put into Shonen Jump. It's coming out in graphic novels...

Weeelll...I have the latest issue (number 11) and if i remember correctly it says that Rurouni Kenshin is coming to Shonen Jump. I can't remember exactly... so I could be wrong. Please give me some time to check this. Thanks Anime catgrin
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Time change)

Tis Grief wrote:
Ruruoni Kenshin IS in the latest issue of Shonen Jump - as a preview. Even says so on the cover if I'm not mistaken. And, in the "next issue" section, there's no "ad" for the next Ruruoni, so it will not be continuing.

Ooops...my mistake. Sorry everyone it won't happen again.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
natsume44

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 12:21 pm Reply with quote
I really enjoy Shonen Jump and have been subscribed since the free preview issue. I could care less for DBZ, but all the other titles are great. Yu-Gi-Oh isn't half bad either, at least it's better than show. I do have one complaint though. Why is it always either Yu-Gi-Oh or DBZ on the cover? I know by putting titles non-manga fans recognize, they can sell more issues, but geez! It's starting to get really annoying!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
L337Llama

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 5:00 pm Reply with quote
I wouldn't mind subscribing.

Naruto, One Piece, and Shama King are good. Yu Gi Oh and Yu Yu Hakushu are okay. Those are better than I expected them to be.
Mou Kaoru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 11:08 pm Reply with quote
natsume44 wrote:
Why is it always either Yu-Gi-Oh or DBZ on the cover? I know by putting titles non-manga fans recognize, they can sell more issues, but geez! It's starting to get really annoying!

They could at least put more of the other titles. I wouldn't mind seeing Naruto or Shaman King on there all the time! Very Happy
I subscribed to SJ back when it was $20 for 12 issues. I think it's great and now I dig Naruto, Shaman King (Amidamaru cool yo Anime smallmouth), and One Piece.

My dream to be a pirate...
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 11:28 pm Reply with quote
I was given a magazine, and it just comfirmed why I don't read it. I hate most of the manga in it. All I like is Naruto, and I could probably stand Shaman King. Not worth my 5 bucks a month.

We need a shoujo manga anthology, or at least another one that isn't AnimericaExtra. I miss Smile magazine.
radicaledward

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 8:38 am Reply with quote
I'm not going to be resubscriping to Jump, once they announce their GN's the magizine became more of a thick advertisement for the GN's and less of a monthly anthology. I can put up with the odd advertisement, but one on every page gets to be kinda distracting.
Ryuko

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, it can be kind of annoying, but the same thing happens in the Japanese version of Shonen Jump. You just have to get over it, they're only using the best amount of space that they can...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3