• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Blade Meridian

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EnigmaticSky

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:14 pm Reply with quote
http://www.gamesradar.com/xenoblade-and-the-last-story-already-being-localized-for-north-america-claims-inside-source/

Apparently xenoblade is coming, but it is not officially confirmed. I really hope it comes here. I am going to wait just a little while longer to see if it really does come to save some money on importing.

Also the BRS game looks great, but I still think it looks like it strays too far from Black Rock Shooter. It does have good genetics, in that the dude working on the story has a great track record, so who knows. I just know that I am definitely getting it. I just hope we get the special edition pack too.
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:25 pm Reply with quote
The Persona fighting game interests me more than the Vita game, mostly because I find the Vita to be horribly lackluster.

As for Xenoblade, I REALLY don't care anymore; I didn't care from the beginning mostly due to it being made by Monolith Soft who made three straight disappointments in the Xenosaga series.
rrizqiw

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:31 pm Reply with quote
EnigmaticSky wrote:
http://www.gamesradar.com/xenoblade-and-the-last-story-already-being-localized-for-north-america-claims-inside-source/

Apparently xenoblade is coming, but it is not officially confirmed. I really hope it comes here. I am going to wait just a little while longer to see if it really does come to save some money on importing.

Also the BRS game looks great, but I still think it looks like it strays too far from Black Rock Shooter. It does have good genetics, in that the dude working on the story has a great track record, so who knows. I just know that I am definitely getting it. I just hope we get the special edition pack too.

that based on old rumor which say NoA is TESTING NoE version of Xenoblade. doesnt mean they localize it thought
Animerican14

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:32 am Reply with quote
rrizqiw wrote:
that based on old rumor which say NoA is TESTING NoE version of Xenoblade. doesnt mean they localize it thought

Poor grammar aside, the rumor was indeed reported on a while back.... in fact, I believe Todd already acknowledged the rumor soon after it became known. But that bit about the NOE version being tested? Well, that's debatable-- I think the possibility of the NOE version being tested was first raised on NeoGAF, and the main O:R people came back and said (and continue to say) that this wasn't the case.

Even so, though, O:R seems to be putting up a big note of caution with that rumor, saying that Xenoblade could end up being a game in the same situation as A.S.H. or Soma Bringer, which were (apparently) about already finished up by NOA but then.... just... not released. Doesn't make much sense to me either, having a game essentially fully localized and just not released or even announced for release. Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tomibiki

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:14 am Reply with quote
My sources informed me that Guardian Heroes HD dropped in Mexico yesterday...and some verification: http://marketplace.xbox.com/es-MX/Product/GUARDIAN-HEROES-TM/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410b2b

AY BASURA!
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:36 pm Reply with quote
Is there something wrong withthe rollover text for the Kamen Rider game? It just says, "By"

No punctuation or anything. Just those two letters.
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:13 pm Reply with quote
I'm still hoping Xenoblade comes out here. There is no way NOA can look at the current sales in Europe and decide not to bring it to the US. I'm not about to hack my Wii and spend a wad of cash on importing the game just to play it.
Lightning Leo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:35 pm Reply with quote
A good buddy of mine is visiting England this month and was thinking of picking up Xenoblade and The Last Story. Anybody here recommend it? He'll have to go to some trouble to get it working stateside, I'm curious if it's worth the effort (if so, maybe I'll ask him to pick up a copy while he's there Very Happy ).

On another note, seems like it used to be Europe and other countries who got shortchanged when it came to game localization, but now it seems Americans are. Is that just a misconception on my part? If not, what's changed I wonder? Question

Quote:
Well, CAPCOM canceled Mega Man Legends 3, so those 3DS owners are screwed for the time being.

I recently heard the fan movement to revive MML3 is now coordinating internationally. I've never seen a worldwide group of gamers come together before to revive a cancelled game like this, with liaison's to countries from Peru to Belgium to Lebanon to Thailand.... American fans already run in the tens of thousands, dunno if this'll change much honestly, but I wish'em luck. Very Happy
UltimaShadowfax

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:48 am Reply with quote
Support Operation Rainfall in their efforts to bring Xenoblade, The Last Story and Pandora's Tower to North America!
Temuthril

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:45 am Reply with quote
N.R. wrote:
Todd, please stop claiming on every column that the PSP is dead. Why do you say the PSP is dead on every column only to contradict yourself by saying a new game is licensed for it (Fate/Extra, Black Rock Shooter) and ending your column with a PSP release this week from Atlus/NIS/Square Enix? Why should it be dead? We have no solid date for Vita (not in Japan nor in the U.S.), the 3DS is not very popular (yet) and Japan keeps pumping PSP games.
Schrödinger's PSP.
According to The Internet, the device has been dead for several years, and yet it just keeps getting games. Awfully prolonged death indeed.
DavidShallcross

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:47 am Reply with quote
Death of a game system is a very slow thing. The Playstation 2 has been declared dead even longer ago, and is still getting sports games released.
N.R.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:12 am Reply with quote
DavidShallcross wrote:
Death of a game system is a very slow thing. The Playstation 2 has been declared dead even longer ago, and is still getting sports games released.

Yes, but the PS3 came out before the PS2 was declared dead. People are claiming that the PSP is dead when the PS Vita is not even out yet.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2