• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Manga on DVD's

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Legato 2057

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 11:08 am Reply with quote
Manga on CD would be more appropriate.

A DVD could could hold an entire manga series (and then some). If they released a volume per cd, I think the idea could work. Then again, that volume would be available for dwonload with hours of it's initial release, so economically speaking, it would not benefit the company.I personally like the idea of electronic manga simply for the fact that I don't have to set aside the space for 20 volumes of manga. This is especially vexing when you have multiple series.

I have always thought that it would be interesting if the major manga companies like Tokyopop and VIZ actually started doing scanlations on their own. There are many ways to do subcription services on the web (i.e. paypal). This would make simlutaneous releases with Japan possible.
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 2:38 pm Reply with quote
T.T yes, if this happened, that would so be the end of scanlations.
molloaggie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 5:38 pm Reply with quote
IF somebody gave me an ebook reader completely for free and promised eternal batteries, THEN I would do it. Sure, I'd love to grab one book and have my entire library downloaded into it. But just like everything else, I'd get bored of it. The world is at our finger tips with the internet and we still find ourselves boredly surfing.
trigunner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 8:42 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
This is going to be like those digital books people started trying to release. That idea flopped, and I believe this one will too. People just like haveing the actual manga in their hand, there for them to open and read anytime.

Amen. Besides i love having fights over the books, there's nothing like tearing open the plastic of a new manga. Only to have a huge fight with your loved ones Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Kanna no Mai

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 8:52 pm Reply with quote
trigunner wrote:
Amen. Besides i love having fights over the books, there's nothing like tearing open the plastic of a new manga. Only to have a huge fight with your loved ones Wink

I Agree. Snatch a manga from someone's hand, and then fight if they attack. Twisted Evil
space clam

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 9:17 am Reply with quote
And if you feel you're completely done with a manga, it's more fun to burn it than toss it in a media shredder. BURN, with FIRE!!! (Although firearms will work, too.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2