• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What's the variety of manga stores where you live?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tenchi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:24 pm Reply with quote
Although I'm a Quebec anglophone, I do buy a wide variety of French-translated manga at Renaud-Bray, Archambault and Chapters. Generally, these days, I also prefer buying my English-translated manga at the "big box" bookstores, when they have it, though sometimes I'm still forced to go to old fashoned comic book stores if I can't find what I want elsewhere. (At least I don't need to buy anime there anymore...)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CorneredAngel

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Washington, DC area: three or four dedicated anime/manga shops (of which one I'm boycotting and have been for years), probably about as many shops that deal mainly in comics but also traffic in manga...and of course Borders/B&N.

What it comes down to, really, is that the "fun of the hunt" just ain't there anymore, what with damn near every single mall being about as stocked with manga titles as one could possibly wish for.

(although - and it doesn't matter to me, I don't read Japanese - I don't think there are any shops in the area that carry untranslated Japanese volumes, although I can always talk to the owner of one of the manga shops to place a special order or grab a couple of titles the next time he's overseas on a purchase trip...again, assuming I cared enough to)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2