• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Code Geass to Air on America's Adult Swim in Spring

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JackCox

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:09 pm Reply with quote
How about they tell us something that we don't know, They said they wanted to TV Broadcast the show in the first place, but if they could have maybe said who was playing Lelouch it would be interesting.
kurotsuki

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:11 pm Reply with quote
what about the DVD ?
We don't get CN in Canada so that's not a good news to us !
we want DVD ! Crying or Very sad

talking about DVD and CN .......Where are the Blood+ DVD !? Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Fronzel

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:21 pm Reply with quote
JackCox wrote:
How about they tell us something that we don't know, They said they wanted to TV Broadcast the show in the first place, but if they could have maybe said who was playing Lelouch it would be interesting.

Picky picky...

kurotsuki wrote:
what about the DVD ?

talking about DVD and CN .......Where are the Blood+ DVD !? Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

The thing about Blood+ is that its owned by Sony, who are weird and have only ever released odd things like Cyborg 009(though I don't think they finished that...). They're not like the other companies

Encrypted Geese is a Bandai show, though, so it'll be no problem.
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:28 pm Reply with quote
JackCox wrote:

Good news, everyone: Bandai Entertainment did announce the English dub cast.

Last edited by Egan Loo on Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sakurachan1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:29 pm Reply with quote
This is what I have been waiting for. Hopefully this will open the door for some of the other top tear series from this year to follow. Gundam 00 for instance might break the US Gundam curse…

Ryvius213 wrote:
Awesome! Something tells me it's gonna get stuck at a bad time slot, though...(a la Gundam Seed)

The thing is Ryvius213, Seed was just a lack luster series in the Gundam-verse, sure the time slot it got on AS, didn't help, but neither did the weak production. That said, as a Gundam fan I got where Seed was going, but the casual Anime fan probably didn't want to put the effort into waiting up to see where all 40 eps would take them. That was always the danger with Seed being picked up by Adult Swim, because on many levels I think they were expecting another Gundam Wing, and Seed was so far from that. In comparison, Big O got a fairly late time slot on Sunday night, and it was a hit all around. My feeling is for the target AS audience, Geass should be a good fit - it’s got sleek production, strong characters, and the episodes are fast paced, with a plot that’s to the point, and keeps moving forward. A time slot right after Bleach (the current Sat. marquee show) and Blood+ or something equally as strong will perfect.

What concerns me most about this is - are we as fans gonna end up with another Blood+? Meaning, what are the plans for the DVD's? And will they be releasing them in my lifetime? Or will a dub for TV broadcast be more important than getting fans the show on DVD?
Splitter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:37 pm Reply with quote
Wow, this isn't even remotely close to acceptable posting, if all you can add is swearing and saying little more than "such and such sucks" with nothing behind that statement while using all caps then please don't bother. Simmer down and try again.

-Keonyn
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:40 pm Reply with quote
Wow.....take some valium before you rupture a blood vessel.
cloud1989

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:48 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
what about the DVD ?

Someone on AnimeonDVD says that he has reason to believe blood+ dvd's will be coming out, though he claims he can't disclose his source, I don't really know what to think of it but it may be good news.
robtf

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:51 pm Reply with quote
It's actually Kallen, not Colin... Colin as a girls name is SO wrong.
ryusaki

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:00 pm Reply with quote
Splitter wrote:
Reply edited.

I'm so with you. I say they messed up and casted Lulu and Suzaku oppisite.
Yuri Lowenthal would've made a amazing Lulu
JackCox

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:06 pm Reply with quote
Splitter wrote:
Reply edited.

That's not a surprise though, I thought It was going to be JYB who played Lelouch, either him, Liam O'Brien or Yuri Lowenthal.
calawain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:37 pm Reply with quote
soupcan58 wrote:
So, the question that fans (like me) will inevitably have is what they're gonna do with the Nina and table romance? Laughing

Um, the original shows on AS have much worse material than what Nina was doing to herself.
v1cious

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:38 pm Reply with quote
well that dashes any chances of Gurren Lagann. after Eureka Seven, there's no way they will put two mecha shows on the same block.

anyways... i'm really interested in seeing how all the nationalism in show is taken by america, also what are they gonna do about all the ads? does the same Pizza Hut deal carry over to Bandai USA. the other problem is the cast. i know Johnny Yong Bosch is THE guy now, but as Lelouche? come on!

i'm calling it now: the next anime adult swim announces will be Darker Than Black.

Last edited by v1cious on Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
calawain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:40 pm Reply with quote
Kate Higgins and CC is a great fit, the other mains I'm not so sure about, we shall see. This will be one of those shows I watch subbed anyways because I've seen the original and got quite attached to the voice casting.
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:42 pm Reply with quote
I can't say that I was surprised. I hope somebody gets around to airing it in Canada eventually, as I'm quite interested in this series.

Fronzel wrote:

The thing about Blood+ is that its owned by Sony, who are weird and have only ever released odd things like Cyborg 009(though I don't think they finished that...). They're not like the other companies

IIRC, they've also released some anime movies as well.

Sakurachan1 wrote:

The thing is Ryvius213, Seed was just a lack luster series in the Gundam-verse, sure the time slot it got on AS, didn't help, but neither did the weak production. That said, as a Gundam fan I got where Seed was going, but the casual Anime fan probably didn't want to put the effort into waiting up to see where all 40 eps would take them. That was always the danger with Seed being picked up by Adult Swim, because on many levels I think they were expecting another Gundam Wing, and Seed was so far from that.

Gundam Seed was initially on Toonami, and it was moved to a late time slot of Fridays before Adult Swim aired on Fridays IIRC. A DVD release announcement for Code Geass should happen with the next few months I'd think; they're not like Sony. Don't worry.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6