• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
How many ANN staff have you met at conventions?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How many ANN staff have you seen / met at conventions?
(spambot option)
18%
 18%  [ 5 ]
20 or more
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
15-19
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
10-14
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
5-9
14%
 14%  [ 4 ]
1-4
14%
 14%  [ 4 ]
0 (I have gone to conventions but have not seen anyone)
51%
 51%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 27

Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:59 pm Reply with quote
@ Key,

I'm 66 which makes me 3 to 4 times as old as most convention attendees. I'd stick out like a sore thumb. I have had employees in Best Buy ask me if I knew what I was looking at in the anime area.

If there was something within an hour's drive I'd chance it, but I live in area where there is nothing with in an hours drive except maybe The King of Harts.

There are other problems also. If I started going to anime conventions, my wife would want to start back going to doll conventions (Barbie and Integrity) and I'm not sure I could handle that.

Thanks for the recommendation though.
Mylene

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:05 am Reply with quote
PetrifiedJello wrote:
Quote:
We're not the only Indy inhabitants in these forums, either; I know for certain at least one other long-timer is from around these parts.

Yes, but Mylene's a.... girl. Razz

Better than being a boy. Ew.

There are a few of us Indiana folks around, including a staff member (CorneredAngel, I think) who was down in Bloomington for awhile getting his MLS, although I'm not sure if he's still there.

I've met Zac, Robin, and Cloe, and listened to Justin speak as well as...I think it was Brian Hanson? It was at AX a couple of years ago, and most of it's a blur. I managed to push aside my shyness enough to introduce myself to Zac (who likely had no idea who I was), but didn't have enough in me to do the same with Justin (who certainly wouldn't have known who I was). Cloe introduced me to Robin. And Cloe I had already pre-arranged to meet up (we went out for tonkatsu--probably the only part of my time at AX that I actually remember).

I'm considering attending Anime Crossroads this year, if only for the shopping. Which means I hope the vendor room is decent. I've been to GenCon twice, but ultimately don't go particularly often because I'm not that much of a gamer, and my gamer husband isn't just all that social with other gamers. We pretty much only plan to go if the City of Heroes devs are there, and that's pretty uncommon anymore. I should have gone to ACen this past year after learning that a Floridian friend of mine was there, but there was just too much going on at work for me to want to deal with the stress of con-going.
ManOfRust

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:12 pm Reply with quote
I've never met anyone on staff, but I don't go to conventions so that's not too surprising.

Even if I did go to a con, I'd have a hard time bothering the people from ANN. I'm guessing they are busy at conventions and getting bugged by me is probably not something that's on anyone priority list. It would be nice to be able to put faces to names, though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Polls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2