• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Queen's Blade: Rebellion TV Anime Green-Lit

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jedi Master

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:11 pm Reply with quote
Gon*Gon wrote:
Also...any word on that Queen's Blade game getting an english release? I like tRPG's...

Four of the game books were released in English (Nanael, Alleyne, Melona, and Tomoe). I heard they didn't sell too well, so there's no plans for more translations.

I'd be surprised if we got an English release of Spiral Chaos on the PSP. Most of my PSP games are imports since the North American market never gets the good stuff.
TheSwedishElf

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:41 pm Reply with quote
Jedi Master wrote:
I heard they didn't sell too well

I can certainly see why.

Also, man do I wish Queen's Blade would just end already.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:54 pm Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
Nice.

Already have the BD of the first two series

I'm defintely having this series in the " to keep an eye out " catagory.

However..........

Quote:
The story is set four years after the first storyline and revolves around Annelotte, the rebelling knight princess who stands up to the tyranny of the new queen

How is this storyline going to make sense? The new female lead Annelotte,sounds interesting since she's a knight princess, but standing up to the tyranny of the new Queen????? How in the holy high hell did Lena became like that when she became the new queen? That dont make sense at all.

Though what's really really going to be over the top is spoiler[ BRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!! The introduction of Nanael's apprentice. REALLY???? ]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gon*Gon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:13 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
How is this storyline going to make sense? The new female lead Annelotte,sounds interesting since she's a knight princess, but standing up to the tyranny of the new Queen????? How in the holy high hell did Lena became like that when she became the new queen? That don't make sense at all.

Hey, if MegaMan Zero can pull off turning Megaman into a tyrannical dictator, I'm sure QB can do it too....

...granted the idiots in the higher ups forced a last minute change in the end of MMZ. Evil or Very Mad
Jedi Master

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:24 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
How in the holy high hell did Lena became like that when she became the new queen? That don't make sense at all.

Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Although the story is still ongoing it seems to me that:
spoiler[
[*]The QB competition is corrupt
[*]Heaven, which oversees the competition, isn't perfect
[*]The Swamp Witch's reason for wanting to stop the QB tournament has yet to be revealed

Given all that, maybe whoever becomes Queen is destined to become a corrupt ruler. I wouldn't be surprised if the series reaches a point where the Swamp Witch's team becomes the protagonists, Disgaea style.]

Queen's Blade... QB... nah, that's just a coincidence. Twisted Evil
Sailor S

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:11 pm Reply with quote
TheSwedishElf wrote:

Also, man do I wish Queen's Blade would just end already.

Why's it matter to you whether there's more Queen's Blade or not? Don't like it? Don't watch it. It's not like by making Queen's Blade some other high quality anime is being pushed to the wayside. If it wasn't making money, they wouldn't make more of it.
Jedi Master

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:25 pm Reply with quote
Sailor S wrote:
Why's it matter to you whether there's more Queen's Blade or not?

Hater's gonna hate. It's better not to acknowledge them. Otherwise you get stuck in a multipage flame war.
Gon*Gon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:42 pm Reply with quote
Plus, it's obvious that they didn't sell well because none of them were Aldra, Nowa, or Ymir!

But if I really wanted to see a sequel to QB, instead of Rebellion, I woulda liked to see a series devoted to Rana and Airi travelling together and interacting. As far as character interactions go, those two were probably my fav.
Jedi Master

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:05 pm Reply with quote
Gon*Gon wrote:
Plus, it's obvious that they didn't sell well because none of them were Aldra, Nowa, or Ymir!

I recall a major criticism was the lack of Rena, since she's the main character in the story. Also, tabletop games are a niche industry.

Quote:
But if I really wanted to see a sequel to QB, instead of Rebellion, I woulda liked to see a series devoted to Rana and Airi travelling together and interacting. As far as character interactions go, those two were probably my favorite.

Airi is my favorite. Multiple fetishes in a single simple character design and strong game stats too (Dematerialize seems really powerful). I can't imagine them doing much traveling since they're tied to Cattleya's shop, but maybe they could bring them back into the story once the boy grows up.
jr240483

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:08 am Reply with quote
Jedi Master wrote:
jr0904 wrote:
How in the holy high hell did Lena became like that when she became the new queen? That don't make sense at all.

Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Although the story is still ongoing it seems to me that:
spoiler[
[*]The QB competition is corrupt
[*]Heaven, which oversees the competition, isn't perfect
[*]The Swamp Witch's reason for wanting to stop the QB tournament has yet to be revealed

Given all that, maybe whoever becomes Queen is destined to become a corrupt ruler. I wouldn't be surprised if the series reaches a point where the Swamp Witch's team becomes the protagonists, Disgaea style.]

Queen's Blade... QB... nah, that's just a coincidence. Twisted Evil

Well i highly dobut that and you do have a point about power corrupting anyone, but seriously? Their gonna have some massive explaining to do if they turn Leina a tyrant for Rebellion.

I would understand if it was that raging incestious lesbian sister Elena since she's as bad as her father, but she's not the new queen.

It's like I said,their going to have some serious explaining to do.

also Gon*Gon, I REALLY REALLLLY DOUBT THEIR GOING TO DO IT MEGAMANZERO STYLE!!!!!

Turing her into a tyrannical dictator is definitely one thing but that would be way too much.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
luffypirate

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:14 am Reply with quote
My girlfriend was literally off the walls with excitement when I told her about this. We love Queen's Blade!!
The_Q

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Jedi Master wrote:
Gon*Gon wrote:

I recall a major criticism was the lack of Rena, since she's the main character in the story. Also, tabletop games are a niche industry.

Quote:
But if I really wanted to see a sequel to QB, instead of Rebellion, I woulda liked to see a series devoted to Rana and Airi travelling together and interacting. As far as character interactions go, those two were probably my favorite.

Airi is my favorite. Multiple fetishes in a single simple character design and strong game stats too (Dematerialize seems really powerful). I can't imagine them doing much traveling since they're tied to Cattleya's shop, but maybe they could bring them back into the story once the boy grows up.

It is. Fully heal and it recovers ailments (likes Menace's curse), not to mention Airi has rather strong attacks that can steal HP. The one thing that balances her is that her total HP is one of the lowest in the game. (Ymir can easily OHK her).

Oh, for those who are wondering about how the story will continue. In the various Rebellion books that were releases spoiler[Leina is not the Queen, Claudette is, and she's the tyrant]
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:39 am Reply with quote
The_Q wrote:

Oh, for those who are wondering about how the story will continue. In the various Rebellion books that were releases spoiler[Leina is not the Queen, Claudette is, and she's the tyrant]

HOLY JESUS FRACKING CHRIST!!!!! HOW IN THE HOLY HIGH HELL DID THAT HAPPNENED????? I cant possibly see that happening at all. It would contridict the ending for QB2
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2