• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 11th Pokémon Feature Movie's Full Trailer Streamed

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bci110

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:14 pm Reply with quote
Mika20 wrote:
Rolling Eyes
When will it end? I've probably seen all 10 movies and still think the 2nd movie was the best one.

...If Misty is on this one, I'll watch.

I don't think Misty will be in the Giratina movie; it'll be the cast of the Diamond & Pearl season (namely, Hikari/Dawn and the regulars from the various seasons).

And personally, I thought the third movie - Spell of the Unown - was the best of the Pokemon movies I've seen, although I heard that Jurachi Wish Maker was very good (it's the only one of the Pokemon movies that were released here in the USA that I haven't seen yet).
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:44 am Reply with quote
bci110 wrote:
And personally, I thought the third movie - Spell of the Unown - was the best of the Pokemon movies I've seen, although I heard that Jurachi Wish Maker was very good (it's the only one of the Pokemon movies that were released here in the USA that I haven't seen yet).

That was the second to last Pokemon movie I ever saw, and I will agree with you that out of the four movies that I saw that was probably the best of them, with it's concept and the outcome of it.
reanimator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:50 am Reply with quote
Is it 11 years already? I'm getting old.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:46 pm Reply with quote
reanimator wrote:
Is it 11 years already? I'm getting old.

Definetly. I can remember when I was watching the first season on TV back in Japan when it first started. It truly has been 11 years.
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:04 pm Reply with quote
Mika20 wrote:
Rolling Eyes
When will it end? I've probably seen all 10 movies and still think the 2nd movie was the best one.

Never.

No, really. As bci110 mentioned, as long as Nintendo continues to make money off of the franchise, it'll likely that we'll never see the end of Pokemon.

& I personally liked the 2nd movie the best, too. Smile

I've watched the first eight movies (haven't watched the two latest ones yet), and as a hardcore Pokemon fan, I've liked all of them. My favourite movies are the 2nd and 8th movies, personally. As for the new dub, I also didn't like them at first (with some exceptions), but I got used to them soon enough, and I don't mind them at all now. Satoshi/Ash's voice still is a bit off (I don't think anybody can replace Veronica Taylor there), though.

In any case, when this one comes out here in North America, I will be watching it.
Jozoiscute

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:32 am Reply with quote
I'm actually quite happy that Shaymin is going to be in the film, but I do agree that I'd rather see it in it's original Japanese format. I hate the fact that they got rid of Veronica Taylor.
bci110

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:11 am Reply with quote
Jozoiscute wrote:
I'm actually quite happy that Shaymin is going to be in the film, but I do agree that I'd rather see it in it's original Japanese format. I hate the fact that they got rid of Veronica Taylor.

Yep, and if I read correctly Nintendo is going to do a Shaymin givaway where those that have the D&P games can dowload the Pokemon onto their game save, much like what they did with Darkrai when The Rise of Darkrai premirered on Japanese theatres last year. Shaymin's a cute Pokemon (much like Celebi), but from what I heard for a Legendary Pokemon, its stats aren't really that great (although it can learn the powerful Seed Flare move at its max level of 100).

And I will admit that I miss Veronica Taylor on the Pokemon series. I thought she did a sensational job playing Ash. The new actor is okay, but doesn't have the same flare that Ms. Taylor had in portraying the character.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2