• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
RIGHT TURN ONLY!! - Hell's Kitchen

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
silver8

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:43 am Reply with quote
Yes I Agree. Kitchen Princess Starts Out Good But Gets Really Good Later On. Seeing That The RTO Gave It An a- Is A Good Rating For A Series That Is Not Popular Here. Also A- Is Deserved For Kitchen Princess Vol. 6. I Have Read It And So Many Twists Happen That It Was Presented Really Nice Very Happy I Recommend Starting The Kicthen Princess Series It Gets Good Later On Smile
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:02 am Reply with quote
While I haven't bought any manga from Tokyopop since Love Hina, I've been buying Viz Media and Del Ray's manga for several years.

The list of current manga I buy from them is, Bleach and Dr. Slump. But I've completed, MAR and Ranma 1/2.

As for Del Ray, I've been suporting Negima since Volume two, for four, almost five years now. Despite the fanservice, this really is a great series, though the fanserivce does kind of ruin the series a little bit.

Initally I tried Naruto, but found this series became far too overatted for me. I also read HunterXHunter for several years, but after the third arc, the series became far to violent for me.

Great RTO Mr. Santos, I look forward to next week.
kyokun703

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:25 am Reply with quote
Oh great, just what I need, a new manga with Kitchen Princess (I just filled up a second bookcase). All these good reviews have convinced me, so even though the art doesn't look 100% my taste, I think I may have to go look this up.
SakuraAlchemist

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:08 am Reply with quote
._. i rember reading Princess AI, i got it from the library. The one thing i remember the best is how much i didn't care who died. I had absolutely no attachment to any of the characters :[ it was such a "blah blah blah" story.

i've been wanting to read Kitchen Princess. And Alive is good but a bit Violent @A@ i can't wait to read v. 4~
cool3865

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:21 am Reply with quote
huh the review for Kitchen Princess does look good......will have to try that out, i need to quit reading these reviews too. Laughing
rinmackie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:27 am Reply with quote
Stop hating on Vampire Knight! It is good and original, and this from someone who's read her share of vampire fiction. True, the first volume is a bit underwhelming compared to the later volumes but it is a really good series!
sunflower

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:38 pm Reply with quote
Vampire Knight went from about a 6/10 to about an 8/10 with the last couple of volumes from Japan. I hope the mangaka can keep it up.

I'm addicted to Kitchen Princess and I have no idea why. It's so mediocre, but I just keep buying it. I think it's those freaky recipes (I hope no one tries making them, the way they tend to leave out ingredients and important steps.).
cool3865

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:11 pm Reply with quote
that means you now have to try them
Rika-chama

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:23 pm Reply with quote
DarkTenshi90 wrote:
I laughed at the Princess Ai review. I loved the series back my freshman year of high school, but now that I've gotten older, I really wonder what I found in that series. The art is gorgeous, but the storyline sucks.

I had to laugh about the heart shaped box comment. Rolling Eyes Gotta love Courtney Love.

As for Tokyopop, the only manga I buy from them anymore is Loveless, and that's it. I prefer Viz and Del-Ray to them because Tokyopop is just overrated now.

Tokyopop is way overrated nowadays Rolling Eyes I think now I only buy Fruits Basket from them. I do really hate that big red lable on the side of all their manga.
The Ramblin' Wreck

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:42 pm Reply with quote
I'd just be thrilled if Tokyopop went back to a navigable website.

Finding release information is like pulling hen's teeth.
the_seventh_l

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:58 pm Reply with quote
The Ramblin' Wreck wrote:

I absolutely despite Tokyopop's website design. It wasn't made to be useful, that's for sure Mad
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:02 pm Reply with quote
The Ramblin' Wreck wrote:

FINALLY, someone besides me who has this problem.

Now that I think of this, Tokyopop also licensed Chibi Vampire, so I actually have read of there recent works.

Though after Love Hina, I wasn't sure Tokyopop would license any more interesting series, but I am glad Chibi Vampire was licensed by them.

But seriously, what the in world happened to the site?
cool3865

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:25 pm Reply with quote
they got some 2 year olds to make it
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:37 pm Reply with quote
I wholeheartedly agree with her review of Princess Ai. I have no idea who would read that overhyped pile of tripe, and also have no idea how the idea even got off the ground.

Stu Levy needs to get a new day job and stop trying to be "hip".

The only manga I even bother buying from them anymore are Loveless, .hack//GU+/XXXX and Welcome to the NHK, and all of those are soon to be completed.

I mean, GOD, they need to get their act together. I've found typos in every book of theirs that I own, the translations are shoddy at best, and laying off 39 employees at once only makes it worse.

Three words: QUALITY *BLEEPING* CONTROL.
minakichan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:31 pm Reply with quote
Best. RTO. Ever.

Seriously, major applause at
Quote:
(and honestly, there's plenty of stuff from Japan that's even worse; hello Vampire Knight)
and
Quote:
(and I congratulate her on surviving long enough to read more than one volume)

I am surprised that anything involving one Christopher Hart could possibly bear an Evidence For section, but I suppose Carlo has to be fair.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3