• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shelf Life - Club Magic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eos

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:06 am Reply with quote
I found the Beck boxset for 50 at Best Buy. I plan on getting it there if I can't find a good deal at Otakon.

Good luck with the triathlon! Watch out for jellyfish. Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Alestal

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:37 am Reply with quote
driverstart wrote:
Yes! I would love to have the Beck Complete Series! Now if only Best Buy would have it in the stores!! However, if it is not there this weekend, I'm ordering it.
They had two boxsets in stock at my best buy, two days earlier then the release date,only 50 bucks! Very Happy

Great review for Beck, Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.( Wink )
Paploo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:41 am Reply with quote
Ultra-Bonus points for Bawls bottles, the preferred dezombiefication potion of may a Con Staff
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:22 am Reply with quote
Quote:
I do really love Ryo-Ohki though. That critter will always be the best thing in the world.

I know right, and all I can find is this damn Fuku backpack. It's adorable, yes, but it's not the same.

The one reason I always liked the Pretty Sammy spin-offs was because I found them parodical. When Toonami aired "Time & Space Adventures Part II" from Universe , I was obsessing over how every little thing from that episode could be correlated to Sailor Moon and that was pretty much the selling point for me. Mahou Shoujo Club looks to have no redeeming value and the character designs looked gawd awful, so I'm avoiding it.
Julia-the-Great

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:34 am Reply with quote
Yay, I just bought that boxset of Beck last weekend! I must have hit the luck train by being in a town that had a Best Buy that had Beck for 50 bucks. Considering the closest Best Buy is four-five hours away from where I live... Very Happy
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:36 am Reply with quote
I was going to hold off on getting Beck for a while, because there was already a ton of anime DVDs I'm saving up for, but I was at FYE last Friday and they had a "buy one Funimation, get one free" sale going on. So I got the Beck boxset for $70 and then got the Samurai 7 boxset (so happy Funi fixed the problems with the Viridian line) for free! Smile

Seen 7 episodes so far, and it was definitely worth it! Now if I could just get "I was made to hit in America" out of my head..... Wink
DemonEyesLeo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:42 am Reply with quote
Johnny Walker is everyone's friend.

I'd be all over the BECK boxset... had I not already bought the whole series with the amp box that's signed by Greg Ayres. I too have a BECK poster that I need to frame and put up on my wall somewhere.
DuelLadyS

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:41 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Is that a giant box of hair-color? Or just spray paint? Perhaps we'll never know.

It's spray paint. Next to a basket of packing tape and acrylic paint, probably FolkArt brand, but don't quote me on that. (I have worked in crafts waaaay too long...)
driverstart

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:06 pm Reply with quote
Alestal wrote:
driverstart wrote:
Yes! I would love to have the Beck Complete Series! Now if only Best Buy would have it in the stores!! However, if it is not there this weekend, I'm ordering it.
They had two boxsets in stock at my best buy, two days earlier then the release date,only 50 bucks! Very Happy

I know, 50 bucks is a great deal! I always go to Best Buy to buy my anime DVDs. I got Mushishi Vol.2 for 10 bucks and Bleach Vol. 10 for 15 bucks. Great prices! Now if they only had Beck!!!
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:21 pm Reply with quote
CyberTRex8u wrote:

good luck with the Triathlon btw. when you finish you'll be a man among men!

Or a woman amongst women. ;p But thanks.

Actually, Anime News Nina guest artist Sara Pocock is on my relay team, too-- she'll be doing the running portion. Together, she and I will prevail.
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:46 pm Reply with quote
SakechanBD wrote:
Actually, Anime News Nina guest artist Sara Pocock is on my relay team, too-- she'll be doing the running portion. Together, she and I will prevail.

Does this mean Nina's on the bike? Razz

Good luck, persevere and don't die.
Dramatis Personae

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:33 pm Reply with quote
I can never take an ANN review seriously. Good god, it's like a trip to Youtube with better grammar.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:09 pm Reply with quote
Dramatis Personae wrote:
I can never take an ANN review seriously. Good god, it's like a trip to Youtube with better grammar.

Out, troll.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:21 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
Dramatis Personae wrote:

Out, troll.

You forgot to shake a flaming torch at him or grab your pitchfork Zac. Wink

I am glad that the Beck set is now out. I have been waiting anxiously for it. I had been renting Beck via Netflix (and 2 single releases I bought randomly) because at the time funds were limited. I definitely wanted to see it after talking with Greg about it at Nekocon last year. I was very happy I did as it is easily one of the best series in the past decade for me. I had been debating for a while about whether or not to get the rest of the singles, but since the dvd set does have all the extras on the discs I'll probably just buy that. With Otakon this coming weekend I need to save as much of my funds as possible for Artist Alley and all the PVC figures I can fit into a bag hehe. I think I'l see what prices I can find at Otakon itself. I'll probably just buy it directly from the Funi booth as I'm sure they'll have one there.
Monster in a box

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:35 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The intro sounds like the old school Sailor Moon theme,

In what crazy alternate universe is this a bad thing. Unless you were just referring to the dubbed version.

And while I don't have high expectations for Sasami (it has a LOT to live up to), I'm sure I'll enjoy it to some extent. The show was definitely not aimed at you.

Though if the dub is as bad as you make it sound, I think I'll watch it subbed...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4