• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Death Note Team's Bakuman Manga Posted in 4 Languages

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maaya

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:25 am Reply with quote
Josh7289 wrote:
Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Dragon Ball, Death Note...They're all featured prominently on this site. But so is D.Gray-man...Is D.Gray-man really that popular/good, like in the same class as the other manga on the site?

It is. Absolutely worth reading, if you like those other series ^^ I guess it's the less popular of all these, but that's not saying much, since those other series are so extremely popular. Also the artist is female - yay for female shonen mangaka Very Happy
Kibate

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:03 am Reply with quote
even in german?! Holy smoking, they finally do something right! I see a bright future for manga!

I like this manga already, probably because i'm an aspiring mangaka too, will start my first publishing next year. This won't have any big tweeest like deathnote, but it will be enjoyable, i can tell at least that! I only hope the ending will be good
BleuVII

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:16 am Reply with quote
Ohoni wrote:
Huh. I was going to check it out, but there was only a link to download soem proprietary browser thing. I guess I'll stick to the scans. When will people learn, don't put unnecessary roadblocks between readers and content.

I don't agree. I think their browser is really good! It's probably the easiest way to read digital manga that I've come across so far (even better than Adobe Reader). The only barrier that I see is that it's only for Windows, but then again, Apple doesn't really have a big presence in Japan yet. It'd be nice if they developed a Mac and Linux release and then allowed other companies to use it. I wouldn't mind if this browser became some sort of an industry standard.

Anyway, for the link that ANN posted, there's a big button that says "Read Now." I'd suggest pressing that button if you want to read it (after downloading the browser, that is).

EDIT: Holy cats! I just looked around on their site some more, and the chapters that they posted for Death Note are all in color!
Josh7289

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:49 am Reply with quote
Oh wow, you're right! All the manga expect Bakuman are in full color...I wonder how long it took to do that. Shocked

And in case anyone was wondering, all the manga expect Bakuman use the Viz translations, but leave the sound effects untranslated in their original Japanese versions. Looks nice.
Ohoni

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:05 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

I don't agree. I think their browser is really good! It's probably the easiest way to read digital manga that I've come across so far (even better than Adobe Reader). The only barrier that I see is that it's only for Windows, but then again, Apple doesn't really have a big presence in Japan yet. It'd be nice if they developed a Mac and Linux release and then allowed other companies to use it. I wouldn't mind if this browser became some sort of an industry standard.

I just have no interest in that sort of proprietary sofware download. Comicbook Reader works great for me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2