• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Elfen Lied's Lynn Okamoto Launches New Manga Series

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:46 am Reply with quote
If that picture is actually what it looks like, the print quality alone is shyte to begin with.
greensoulreaper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:03 am Reply with quote
Don't worry guys. Okamoto's drawings have improved a lot since Elfen Lied. They're much more appealing now. Loved Elfen Lied, but I wasn't too interested in Nononono, so maybe this new series will get me interested in Okamoto's work again.
keyinjpop

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:04 pm Reply with quote
So I googled Brynhildr to find out what that was about and this is what wiki had to say:

Quote:
Brynhildr (sometimes spelled Brünnhilde, Brynhild) is a shieldmaiden and a valkyrie in Norse mythology, where she appears as a main character in the Völsunga saga and some Eddic poems treating the same events. Under the name Brünnhilde she appears in the Nibelungenlied and therefore also in Richard Wagner's opera cycle Der Ring des Nibelungen. She may be inspired by the Visigothic princess Brunhilda of Austrasia. The history of Brynhildr includes fratricide, a long battle between brothers, and dealings with the Huns.

Sounds interesting to me. lol
INS Division 6
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:22 pm Reply with quote
Yes I would love to have the elfen lied manga licensed here. And then take the money from other stupid dumb faservice harem anime shows and use that money to make a new elfen lied anime that follows the original manga content. They could call it "Elfen Lied: Brotherhood".
DTJB

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:58 am Reply with quote
So, a horror romance or something?

And I thought Elfen Lied started to go downhill after spoiler[the death of Kurama's daughter with a ton of characters getting introduced JUST SO they could get killed off soon afterward,] it was their only purpose in the series and I saw that coming with most of them which lost its edginess pretty quick in my mind. And some parts seemed contradictory in fashion; spoiler[the chief thinking he was a legit diclonius seemed to clash with a lot of ideas introduced early on.] And don't get me started on that whole DNA voice crap, ugh.

/terminate sequence :old man rant:
Acidpond

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:38 pm Reply with quote
I think he should do more elfen lied. there is so much more potential for it but thats just me Cool
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Tratious wrote:
jr0904 wrote:
population_tire wrote:
I wish Elfen Lied would get licensed.

ADV Licensed the series a while back. Though now that their six feet under like Geneon and CPM , the odds of a license rescue is very slim. Though i hope it does get a rescue.

HOWEVER WHAT I REALLY HOPE FOR IS THAT THE MANGA FINALLY GETS A LICENSE AND IS ABLE TO BE PUBLISHED IN THE US
ADV Films still exist.
ADV Films Still has the license, and Section23 Films is re-releasing this series, I mentioned this on my post above yours

Quote:
ADV Films released this
Elfen Lied DVD Complete Collection

ADV also recently sublicensed the title to 101 Films in the UK, so their license is still in effect for both territories. The title is also still available to download on iTunes and Amazon, and is streaming on Anime Network, Netflix, and I believe Hulu.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2