• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gonzo to Stream Linebarrels of Iron on Crunchyroll Today

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tofusensei

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:43 pm Reply with quote
britannicamoore wrote:
Makes me happy. Still hoping one day other titles, bleach or naruto gets the crunchy nod. I want to see this show, but those are the real money makers.

Naruto and Bleach are up for free, legally, on hulu.com fyi.

-Tofu
ThatOneMan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:55 pm Reply with quote
Amiantos wrote:
GONZO made a mistake if it's only CR stream and not a dl like BOST as only a niche will actually watch streamed. CR I've tried before and it was god awful in every aspect. Video and sound was complete shit unless you were a pay member which paying them is only to their own profit.

Do you people actually read the articles you comment on? Is says right here that there is a download option...
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:00 pm Reply with quote
ThatOneMan wrote:
Amiantos wrote:
GONZO made a mistake if it's only CR stream and not a dl like BOST as only a niche will actually watch streamed. CR I've tried before and it was god awful in every aspect. Video and sound was complete shit unless you were a pay member which paying them is only to their own profit.

Do you people actually read the articles you comment on? Is says right here that there is a download option...

That you have to pay for. And I've seen the quality of those downloads, they're absolutely shit in a tiny resolution.
abstract-alchemist

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:04 pm Reply with quote
I absolutely refuse on any circumstance to support Crunchyroll no matter what's on there. If Gonzo only plans to distribute on Crunchyroll, they deserve to go to hell, especially after that horrible release of Strike Witches; that show was obviously meant to pander to pedophile otaku. I was interested in the show, but will not even bother with it if only Crunchyroll has it.
zaeris

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:08 pm Reply with quote
abstract-alchemist wrote:
I absolutely refuse on any circumstance to support Crunchyroll no matter what's on there. If Gonzo only plans to distribute on Crunchyroll, they deserve to go to hell, especially after that horrible release of Strike Witches; that show was obviously meant to pander to pedophile otaku. I was interested in the show, but will not even bother with it if only Crunchyroll has it.

???????
Strike Witches was also provided on BOST and YouTube although there was only a 10 hr of grace to watch streams on YouTube before the episodes get deleted. Pandering otaku is correct and did a good job of it too if you've been following the news about the sales of Limited edition vol.1 of SW.
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:09 pm Reply with quote

Now wait just a second! How dare you say Strike witches panders to pedo-bear otaku!

Just because all of the characters are stereotyped adolescent or near adolescent girls.... who for no apparent reason never wear pants.... and whose battle suits often look quite similar to elementary school gym outfits.... uh.........
nevermind.
Taiyz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:26 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Daimao Raki wrote:
Gonna be hard the fansubbers to justify putting up this title when Gonzo has it two hours after its debut in Japan.

Yes it is, so we just rip this instead. Though, we've still noticed errors in these "official" releases as well, and the quality is usually awful.
Yeah, it is actually ridiculously easy to justify. There are HD-quality rips of the series' on torrent sites, with the official subtitles. The quality is a huge leap, really.

Regarding translation, I noticed a couple utterly laughable mistakes in Linebarrels, so I'm sure some fansub groups could still justify their actions.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kokuryu

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:04 pm Reply with quote
Huzzah to Crunchy for getting Linebarrels, and a great big thumbs up to Gonzo for putting it on Crunchy! I hope that Gonzo reaches the point where everything they put out is put up on Crunchy!

Go support GONZO and Crunchy now and buy ep 1 of Linebarrels for yourself! It's cheap!
Tyrenol

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:17 pm Reply with quote
Amiantos wrote:

Not that I support Crunchyroll; but I believe that's the point. Money NEEDS to be made. And besides; most of the money goes back to the anime companies anyway.

I absolutely refuse on any circumstance to support Crunchyroll no matter what's on there. If Gonzo only plans to distribute on Crunchyroll, they deserve to go to hell, especially after that horrible release of Strike Witches; that show was obviously meant to pander to pedophile otaku.

Anime featuring girls young enough to start high-school; flying around skirtless and shooting weapons at aliens?

NO!!

Anime featuring girls young enough to start high-school; beating guys up...?

YES!!

ToraDora's this way. ====>

Confused

At any rate, Funimation SHOULD license and dub Strike Witches.
LordPrometheus

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:30 pm Reply with quote
Just watched the first episode; enjoyed it quite a bit. Interesting twist at the end. This could be a very cool show. Let's hope it keeps up the pace.
v1cious

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:37 pm Reply with quote
pretty cliche for the most part, but that ending has me intrigued. i'll probably continue to follow this, since it's on crunchyroll.
edzieba

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:58 pm Reply with quote
Well, I managed to struggle through crunchyroll's awful stream (and had a good laugh as the preview rolled with a black bar over part of the screen: they'd only been given a broadcast copy rather than a working master). Unfortunately, this marks a return to form on Gonzo's record of terrible terrible manga adaptations. A pity given how good their recent productions have been.

samuelp wrote:
[Just because all of the characters are stereotyped adolescent or near adolescent girls.... who for no apparent reason never wear pants.... and whose battle suits often look quite similar to elementary school gym outfits.... uh.........
nevermind.

Didn't actually watch the show, eh?
nightjuan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:36 pm Reply with quote
This looks somewhere around mediocre, but I guess it could improve -or worsen- given enough time.

The main character's personality doesn't really interest me much and I hope he grows up...fast. Hard to say anything about the rest of the cast yet.

Might stream a few episodes if I'm bored enough, why not?
bci110

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:01 pm Reply with quote
nightjuan wrote:
This looks somewhere around mediocre, but I guess it could improve -or worsen- given enough time.

The main character's personality doesn't really interest me much and I hope he grows up...fast. Hard to say anything about the rest of the cast yet.

Might stream a few episodes if I'm bored enough, why not?

That's the impression I got after watching the episode, but the last 10 minutes peaked my interest a little. The little twist at the end didn't really shocked or surprised me, but I thought the mecha action was pretty good. Vocals were excellent, but considering that they are using A-class talent on this show (Mamiko Noto, Jun Fukuyama, Aya Hirano, and Tetsuya Kakihara just to name a few) I didn't expect anything less from the cast. As with you, I'm going to give this series a chance to develop the characters and storylines before I decide whether to continue following it or not.
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:25 pm Reply with quote
Tofusensei wrote:
britannicamoore wrote:
Makes me happy. Still hoping one day other titles, bleach or naruto gets the crunchy nod. I want to see this show, but those are the real money makers.

Naruto and Bleach are up for free, legally, on hulu.com fyi.

-Tofu

Yeah, but not the right episodes. When they get to nartuo shippudden 70 or bleach 165 give me a call. But thanks for trying. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3