• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bandai Networks To Sell Bleach Guitars in Japan

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RogueJedi86

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:40 pm Reply with quote
mufurc wrote:
RogueJedi86 wrote:
The show did, but I mean in terms of merchandise, like these Bleach guitars. FLCL guitars could be awesome. Canti Guitar, Atomsk Guitar, Haruko Guitar? I'd want one.

But then, Bleach is a bit more popular than FLCL... (I don't suppose anyone really remembers FLCL anymore in Japan.)

Maybe. Was FLCL one of those rare anime that were more popular in America than Japan?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Top Gun

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:06 pm Reply with quote
Given the amount of air time it's received on [as] over the years, that wouldn't surprise me all that much. Remember, it was originally released as just an OVA in Japan (though I don't know if it ever made it to broadcast later).
Monster in a box

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:22 pm Reply with quote
It was certainly more accessible to Americans. Not only did it not air on TV in Japan, but anyone who wanted to see it had to shell out $300.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2