• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Date A Live (TV) (TV + movies).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Really though isn't it a bit -- no a lot -- late in the game for Shido to be acting all scaredy-virginy all the time?

This is the same lady that has tried to openly murder him while threatening to annihilate the entire city, being a bit jumpy around Kurumi or any other Spirit that is acting openly hostile is entirely understandable.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 2:44 pm Reply with quote
FenixFiesta wrote:
Quote:
Really though isn't it a bit -- no a lot -- late in the game for Shido to be acting all scaredy-virginy all the time?

This is the same lady that has tried to openly murder him while threatening to annihilate the entire city, being a bit jumpy around Kurumi or any other Spirit that is acting openly hostile is entirely understandable.

It made him scared stiff, right?? Wink
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 3:22 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad to see spoiler[Kurumi] back again even though the latest episode felt rushed. Hope they can take down spoiler[Miku and her worshipers now after she found out Shido's secret]. Or maybe I should say Shiori...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 2:08 pm Reply with quote
And yarp, all the set up from previous episodes, and hell the previous season, is popping up.
Good episode, arguably the one the fans have been waiting for.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Ah, Tohka's teasing...

The action was probably the best imo from the latest episode. A lot of stuff going on at once. Based on the PV spoiler[and title, I'm guessing next week will focus a bit on Mana and her past relating to why she hates humans so much.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 11:59 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 8

Yeah, arguably the best episode of the season. The fact that the episode has Kurumi being a total boss is but one reason.... who am I kidding she is probably a huge part of it. Kurumi spoiler[taking on most of the girls at once, and later an army of robots, by using an army of herself], while looking after Shido the entire time.
DEM: "I have an army!"
spoiler[Kurumi: "We have a me."]

So DEM is spoiler[trying to create a god]? They seem evil enough. For clarification, spoiler[Deus Ex Machina] does not necessarily just mean a poor plot device, but also spoiler["god from the machine"].

Shido was also able to do some cool, and Miku spoiler[hearing the girl's opinions] was also cool.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 9:15 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Yeah, arguably the best episode of the season. The fact that the episode has Kurumi being a total boss is but one reason.... who am I kidding she is probably a huge part of it

The thing that makes Kurumi so interesting is how off-beat and kinky her power is. Aside from appearing to be invincible, what super hero have you ever seen that invokes her power by shooting herself in the head? And she seems to have such maniacal fun doing it and terrorizing her enemies.

Aside from that, isn't she the first spirit that has become an ally without having her powers "sealed?" When spirits were first introduced they were regarded as being nothing but vortices of destruction unless they were and this seems disprove that.

Prediction: Miku seems to have made a mistake in ordering spoiler[her spirits-in-thrall to start remembering Shido.] My guess is that's going to end up breaking her spell over them.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 10:50 am Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
Prediction: Miku seems to have made a mistake in ordering spoiler[her spirits-in-thrall to start remembering Shido.] My guess is that's going to end up breaking her spell over them.

Nah, she spoiler[will realise that men and thus other people are not all that bad and will try to help Shido].
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:48 pm Reply with quote
I almost feel sorry for Miku now, almost sorry. Eh, the part about this show so far is that despite the built-up, we won't see much of spoiler[Tohka's power with the way she is unleashing next time. I mean, there's probably be some but not as much as I would hope.]

There's also part of Miku's story that needs to be resolved and is needed to be done in a single episode. Imo, prepare for a big rush.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:12 pm Reply with quote
Episode 21

A good episode and a lot of fighting going on.

I really liked the scenes where Miku and Shido are arguing and really going at it. When various teams of soldiers show up to arrest them they get iced by one or the other while they barely skip a beat in arguing. This has been done before of course but it really worked here.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:20 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 9

Miku: Fus Ro Dah
A bit of Bend Will in there too.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Oh wow, that was rushed. spoiler[They barely showed the potential of Dark Tohka's powers or a big struggle against her. It's like they made her the final threat of this season and just tried to end it with a cheesy confession/remembrance scene. The very final scene (besides the confirmation of the movie) was so meh and typical.]

We barely got Origami this season or Kotori as well...Sigh.

They did manage to adapt Miku's resolve though so it was somewhat faithful. Overall, disappointing season imo. Rating it as not very good.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:31 pm Reply with quote
I didn't want to believe it but Miku is even WORSE than those annoying twins. And of course she is given the common sob story of being hurt by a certain group of humans therefore EVERYONE in the world is evil.........bleh that's been so overdone honestly. After Shido calls her out for being so bratty she resorts to tired tsundere antics. Probably the most unappealing girl of all the spirits.

But in the end spoiler[the bad guys flee, another girl gets added to the harem, everything gets returned to normal..........]yep pretty typical and expected ending here.

Overall pretty bad season compared to the first. The girls sucked in comparison to the first season ones (Tohka and Kurumi alone overshadow these new girls) and they tried to cram way to much into 10 episodes. spoiler[That battle Shido's sister had with the redhead was supposed to be emotional but we never get to know what their relationship is like on an personal level so it came off as random. Origami just disappeared after she attacked the spirits for some reason and.........]it was all just a jumbled mess. Seems like they didn't think the material they were covering this season was very important so they wanted to rush to get to the next arc which the movie might cover.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:45 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 10 (finale)

Overall the animation seemed to be improved this episode, although feels a little like a trick to think more positevly of this season than it should. In my opinion they probably could have fit this better in 12 episodes and perhaps have more character moments, probably could have a final episode as mostly filler where they finished off with Miku and had the characters be themselves. Finishing on one solid action episode compared to the rest of the series is what Infinite Stratos did it is not my preferred way.

I will rate this season Decent overall, sadly some aspects of it were pretty good but it just was not up the standards. Perhaps more comedy, this season felt less funny compared to times where Origami works really well, or like that hotspring episode. I might say it was good for a personal experience this season, but it could have been better. And I am worried that we won't get any more now since a third season after a lacklustre second sounds difficult, even though there is a movie coming.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:52 pm Reply with quote
Thank god it's over. It was pretty good in spots but I got tired of watching the rest. It must have been pretty tiring to make it.

Kurumi never made it into the harem. Actually, she could be a harem all by herself. I want to see more Kurumi but not enough to sit through a whole next season.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 11 of 12