• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ixion Saga DT (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:18 am Reply with quote
GokuMew2 wrote:
DuskyPredator wrote:
One thing that got on my nerve was that I can't place the seiyuu of that Alan guy from episode 17, his voice sounded so familiar but no sites seem to have the listing of who he was voiced by.

Shiraishi Ryouko. =3

Hmm, I mostly would recognise her as Hayate from HnG (especially playing a boy), but that usually I would have noticed. And it is odd that I am not getting any hits by a google search in trying to find proof she was was in Ixion Saga, kind of odd as she is pretty good it is not like it was just some quick passing character.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:47 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Hmm, I mostly would recognise her as Hayate from HnG (especially playing a boy), but that usually I would have noticed. And it is odd that I am not getting any hits by a google search in trying to find proof she was was in Ixion Saga, kind of odd as she is pretty good it is not like it was just some quick passing character.

Wikipedia
Just search the page for "アラン."
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:11 pm Reply with quote
Don't like the song, but I love the new ED. It just made me ridiculously happy to see Erec with such a bright smile for once, especially the chibi Erec. Anime smallmouth
Noctis313

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:11 pm Reply with quote
LOL nice new ED
how much episodes ixion saga will have?
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:53 pm Reply with quote
w00t! Got this in the mail yesterday. Thanks, Amazon!

The songs were really good! I was especially surprised at Variation's rock song, which was pretty awesome. Didn't realize Kaji was this good at singing. KT's song was nice too and Leon's song cracked me up (to give you an idea, it's called M na Uta, or Masochistic Song). SuzuKen's singing was great, as usual, and Erec sama... Oh Erec sama... How many times did you say "tama" in that song? XDDD

I didn't buy the DT album but I laughed at how Kon was doing the Michael Jackson post on the cover. Is Erec sama's pose copying someone? I'm not familiar with it.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:28 am Reply with quote
Looks like it's parodying this.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:45 am Reply with quote
Episode 20

Lol at Kon being lumped with Pet.

Should have figured the truth about Jugglaburk, it turns out that he is actually a big spoiler[man child, his room filled with various creepy plushies that he has created names, personalities and character for. He communicated through a mouse puppet, gets her to call me Nabotan, say hello to his toys makes her wear a frill necked lizard costume, and he wears a giraffe costume on his head.] Not to even mention his attire; spoiler[a femenine looking dressing gown]. Well in the end the princess spoiler[beat him up after seeing a nose hair], which made Kon's spoiler[quick action look like he was an assassin, which he then passed off onto] Erec.

I liked the ED used this week, especially since it starred Erec and his cohorts. It does seem that one of his spoiler[people has been talking on a device like Pet has], we will finally find out the truth next week too. Finally!
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:16 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Looks like it's parodying this.

Ahh! So another Michael Jackson pose! Thanks. ^^
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:09 pm Reply with quote
Great intro to episode 21. And at long last, some answers.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:14 pm Reply with quote
Episode 21

So they actually spoiler[sent ninjas to study the princesses traits, and then snuck a hair into his nose]. figures.

Anyway there was not too much intersting this episode beyond spoiler["mysterious woman" telling the main characters that they have been chosen]. Well the fact she insisted that spoiler[she was a mysterious woman] was kind of funny, as was Erec spoiler[finding out anyone could be a Hyperion]. But the giant spoiler[ball thing] was also good, they all spoiler[failed an the princess was getting scary], and that they got a bunch of spoiler[weapons that they just threw away]. Of course the princess can spoiler[fight in the moon.]

Personally I wish that Kon would have grown a little and be more in it for helping people than "becoming a man", it just makes him sound creepy more than actually being a hero.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:08 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Personally I wish that Kon would have grown a little and be more in it for helping people than "becoming a man", it just makes him sound creepy more than actually being a hero.

Well, he did have a choice and he chose spoiler[to stay for his friends. The wanting desperately to lose his virginity was not why he stayed, but since he did stay, he wanted to at least try to convince her to give him that reward if he survived.] Also, I think that, oddly enough, it was a reason he could admit in front of the others more easily.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:14 pm Reply with quote
Episode 22

I sympathise with the boat driver, spoiler[that story was aweful, all the characters were different, the setting did not match up with the rest of the season, and the story was just generally not funny or interesting]. At least there is no problem figureing out what was the worst episode in the series (hopefully). This was the Ixion Saga version of watching a guy going out and getting a heater, and it just did not click.

I know that they just asked to accept the episode for what it was, but this is the type of thing that could lower my enjoyment for the series as a whole. Regardless of how much fun the staff might have enjoyed doing something different.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:39 pm Reply with quote
I'm guessing this episode was supposed to be some sort of parody of Japanese cop shows, or maybe an anime like Gungrave. Either way, it was a total miss for me, though it was interesting seeing how they entirely changed the style of anime they were using.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:27 am Reply with quote
I enjoyed every minute of it. Did a spit take at Leon's favorite anime. I don't expect a lot from this series, so it's usually just fun to watch. For episodes that have nothing to do with the plot, I liked this a lot better than the one with the crazy stalker girl.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Episode 22
Wow, that felt like watching some CSI detective story in a more amusing way. I'm guessing the series will end though soon based on a quote this episode, or rather the ending. Hmm.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 12 of 13