• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bandai Ent. Adds Bakumatsu Era: Code Geass Manga

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leftbehindxp

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:16 am Reply with quote
Alright I know that Baltiport 2010 is over with but I gotta ask incase they come back on here:

Bandai: Thinking of releasing any Blu-rays for the Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex series? Also, I'll support any release of the original Gundam series!
Kirben

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:36 am Reply with quote
sawmill wrote:
Please give Patlabor original OVA a look for a license rescue. Used DVDs go for $250. That is pretty scarce...

The complete Patlabor OVA series (and TV series) are still available at RightStuf, so why buy used?

Patlabor sold so poorly that the English dub was dropped for the final volumes of the TV series, so I don't see a rescue ever happening.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Finny-chan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:00 am Reply with quote
hmm they did say another Q&A will be on August 2nd from 11-1PM right?? Well then if you guys do come back I have some questions I've been dying to ask forever

to Bandai:

First Question:

How come you guys didn't license the sound and picture dramas from Code Geass R2 like you did with R1?? Also why didn't you include more extra goodies like you also did with R1 like character sketches OSTs stuff like that??

Second Question:

I've always wondered why Bandai Namco didn't license the Code Geass: Lost Colors or Code Geass Banjou no Geass Gekijou games in English??

Third Question:

Are you guys going to eventually license all the Gundam series??

To Funimation:

Do you have any plans of licensing Reborn, Ef A Tale of Melodies/Ef A Tale of Memories, and/or 07 Ghost (I've been dying to see these licensed since I watched them)?? I was wondering more about Reborn since all the anime fansubs you wrote cease and desist letters for you eventually licensed.

My other question to you has already been asked it was about the Card Captor Sakura re-license and re-dub. I would love to buy it if you guys did re-dub it. Its way better than paying $800~$1,000 on E-bay to get the uncut subbed DVDs from Geneon.
agila61

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:15 am Reply with quote
rnapton wrote:
So when our battery's die, what's the next level -- AFTER, AFTER DARK??

Black, Jack
m3g4t0ky0

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:22 am Reply with quote
NeoMaster1 wrote:
Crappy impromptu commemorative con badge, anyone?
(Don't ask. I just felt like it.)

Here it is

HEY, THAT'S MY LUGGAGE! FFFFFFFFF-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GWOtaku

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:41 am Reply with quote
Sketchor wrote:
lheiskell wrote:
GWOtaku wrote:

For FUNimation: Any progress to report on the Dragon Age co-production? If not when might we expect to learn which studio is animating it, etc?

Still way to early on the production side. Who would you like to see animate some of our co-productions?

Lance Heiskell
Con Chair
Baltiport 2010

I just got glomped. Ewww.

Mad House, BONES and Gainax to name 3.

Good answer. I'd have to single out Madhouse and BONES, simply based on the fantastic work they've been doing on animated films lately (Summer Wars & Redline for Madhouse, Sword of the Stranger and the Eureka 7 movie for Bones). Third would probably be Studio 4C.

My thanks to Mr. Heiskell and Mr. Napton for taking the time to take extra Q&A and for the time you spent at Otakon this year. And for that matter, my kudos to everyone for seemingly making the best out of a lame situation. Travel delays are never fun!
The Holy American Empire

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:51 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
To Funimation:

Do you have any plans of licensing Reborn, Ef A Tale of Melodies/Ef A Tale of Memories, and/or 07 Ghost (I've been dying to see these licensed since I watched them)??

+1 to 07-ghost!

Would be nice if DEEN would make Season 2...
sawmill

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:04 pm Reply with quote
Kirben wrote:
sawmill wrote:
Please give Patlabor original OVA a look for a license rescue. Used DVDs go for $250. That is pretty scarce...

The complete Patlabor OVA series (and TV series) are still available at RightStuf, so why buy used?

The original OVA is no longer available at TRSI. Otherwise it wouldn't sell for $250 used. Hence the question.
rnapton
Company Representative

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:25 pm Reply with quote
Sorry I had to leave the Q and A a bit early--battery death and I actually got tackled by the air marshal while doing a t-shirt toss in the aisle.

While the spirit of the con still pervades, I'm going to try to knock out some of the questions I missed. If I don't catch 'em all, I'll check back later in the week.

Thanks for being a part of Balticon. I'm sure the airlines are devising new methods to ensure our return in 2011!
rnapton
Company Representative

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:32 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Question for Funimation:

Will Master of Martial Hearts have a liberal dub? The cover art and trailer are nice, but the show itself sounds really lame. However, I may feel compelled to buy it if you guys worked some dubbing magic.

Question for Bandai:

Are the insert songs for K-ON going to be dubbed?

Nothing to report either way on that yet, sorry. Obviously, Cristina has performed the songs at AX and most recently as a surprise guest at Otakon and was around for the early hours of Balticon but opted to stay an extra day in Baltimore when it became clear that those of us bound for LA were only going to make it as far as Dallas. Now that we are putting a cast together, should be more news soon on K-ON!
rnapton
Company Representative

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:39 pm Reply with quote
wandering-dreamer wrote:
Well, if you guys are serious about this

For either Funimation or Bandai: I know that fansubbers can turn out subs pretty quickly but I was wondering how long an episode with an average amount of dialog takes you guys. And does translating on screen text/background signs take a lot more time or not much at all?

That's more a question for one of our producers like Taku. Because we outsource our production to studios I don't get around that process too much because it's not happening in our office. But I'll find out and let you know.
rnapton
Company Representative

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:42 pm Reply with quote
giapet wrote:
Dragonpiece wrote:
Is this a joke?

As the ANN attendee, I can confirm that the 'convention' is a joke, but the license is absolutely real-- except it was A Record of the Strange Tales of the Bakumatsu Era: Code Geass, not Shikkoku no Renya. A little mix-up because they both involve historical periods.

And that mix-up was all thanks to yours truly. I had forgotten there two historical Geass manga, I thought there was only one. But hey, it's my first panel in a terminal, what are ya gonna do.
rnapton
Company Representative

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:44 pm Reply with quote
kikin0083 wrote:
for bandai

Will the Turn A Gundam be dubbed when release and also is there any talk about getting more Gundam manga thats getting released in Japan such as X, G Gundam and the recently announced Gundam Wing Endless Waltz manga? And any consideration of getting the Zeta films a dub in the future?

Can't remember if I got this one, not sure about TURN A specs yet, not decided. Also, no word to me on any Zeta film dub possibility.

As for Manga, I was very happy to land the Gundam 00 manga and we are open to more as it's done pretty well, but no specific plans on the ones you mentioned but I'm going to note them for consideration.
rnapton
Company Representative

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:46 pm Reply with quote
chronoclast wrote:
For Bandai:

Any plans yet to release The Girl Who Leapt Through Time or Ghost In the Shell: Stand Alone Complex/Solid State Society on Blu-ray?

Nothing to be said on either of these yet, but we're definitely trying to get ramped up on more Blu-Ray as we mentioned at the panels.
rnapton
Company Representative

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:55 pm Reply with quote
The Holy American Empire wrote:
For Bandai: Any plans to release Code Geass and Gundam 00 in blu-ray?

For Funimation: What drink did you order???

Same answer as the previous question about GIRL and SSS I'm afraid, no specific plans I can report on Geass or 00 blu-ray, other than we're looking at a lot of possibilities for blu-ray, but nothing set yet.

I had red wine. You didn't ask me, but it was my first panel drinking, so memorable.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 12 of 15