• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What's the worst anime you know of?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rah-Rah

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 3:11 am Reply with quote
Hellsing is one of the many problems I have with gonzo. You see, the anime caught up to the manga series (like RK), so they decided to make up the second half of the series. GONZO has screwed up too many manga to anime transitions, except Saikano. Just stick to the Hellsing manga. It is 100000x better, trust me.
Tequila

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:04 pm Reply with quote
Hm tough question. The old Appleseed OVA is truly horrible. Also Chobits with its non-moving story and its gruesome ending theme got on my nerves real quick.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 11:50 pm Reply with quote
I was looking through the Encyclopedia earlier today, and I noticed some one rated Rurouni Kenshin "Worst Ever" for subbed.

I would like to know who did that and why they gave it the lowest rating possible, just curious as to what that person's reasoning is... Smile.
quicksilverus

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:51 am Reply with quote
Beyblade is probably the worst one I can think of.
Sanitarium

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 4:03 am Reply with quote
Beyblade, because it has a stupid plot.

Tekken - The Motion Picture, same reason.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
areaseven
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:10 am Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
I was looking through the Encyclopedia earlier today, and I noticed some one rated Rurouni Kenshin "Worst Ever" for subbed.

I would like to know who did that and why they gave it the lowest rating possible, just curious as to what that person's reasoning is... Smile.

Probably the same person that rated Pilot Candidate "Masterpiece" for edit.dub.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
ksb

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:57 pm Reply with quote
R.G. wrote:
Kagemusha wrote:
I'm not a big Gundam fan either. I think the worst one is Seed. All the characters are boring and the plot is lame. I have a friend whos a huge Gundam fan, and even he doesn't like Seed.

Did it seem like a Gundam Wing ripoff to you and your friend?

ARE YOU CRAZY???!!!!! Seed is one of the best gundam shows ever made. SD Gundam and Big O were the worst gundam shows by far!!!
ksb

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:59 pm Reply with quote
R.G. wrote:
Kagemusha wrote:
I'm not a big Gundam fan either. I think the worst one is Seed. All the characters are boring and the plot is lame. I have a friend whos a huge Gundam fan, and even he doesn't like Seed.

Did it seem like a Gundam Wing ripoff to you and your friend?

ARE YOU CRAZY???!!!!! Seed is one of the best gundam shows ever made. SD Gundam and Big O were the worst gundam shows by far!!!
JinchuuGundam85

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:08 pm Reply with quote
Big O is not Gundam.
Animefreak08

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:04 pm Reply with quote
SEED is alright, not my favorite. But I have only seen two volumes worth...Neutral do I may like it more as it goes on.
Quote:
Big O is not Gundam.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Shiki MSHTS

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:06 pm Reply with quote
ksb wrote:
....and Big O were the worst gundam shows by far!!!

Good grief Charlie Brown. -_-;;

-------------------------

Ah. Seed is at least somewhat enjoyible to me. Although, it's really the only Gundam Series I acctually ever paid attention to. I have heard a generalization that Hardcore Gundam fans will typically hate Seed to death, while new people or light fans to the series will love Seed to death. It's just a generalization though, I do think it has some truth to it. =P
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Kagemusha

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:12 pm Reply with quote
I'm bored to death with Gundam. Same plot (which isn't even that great as it has poor paceing) and the twist (dueling friends) isn't that outstanding. Can't stand the animation; there's no movement and it looks so fake.
As for the RK question, there are several people who I met who thought the show sucked. I myself have little good to say about the first season. Don't be suprised: everyone has their own opinion.
Rah-Rah

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:20 pm Reply with quote
Kagemusha wrote:
I'm bored to death with Gundam. Same plot (which isn't even that great as it has poor paceing) and the twist (dueling friends) isn't that outstanding. Can't stand the animation; there's no movement and it looks so fake.
As for the RK question, there are several people who I met who thought the show sucked. I myself have little good to say about the first season. Don't be suprised: everyone has their own opinion.
Not all the gundams have the same plot and twist. Zeta gundam is the best gundam series ever, and that is fact. Try it. And RK season 2 is the best part of the series, and that is also a fact (Samurai X does not count, right now).

Last edited by Rah-Rah on Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Amibite

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:31 pm Reply with quote
SEED sucks, sorry to say.

Take the angst of Shinji Ikari and throw in the animation of Transformers and you got S33D.

Zeta Gundam > S33D

I'd say Yu-Gi-Oh! Enter the Shadow Realm and Knights of the Zodiac, two of the worst American-made animes ever =P
Kagemusha

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:42 pm Reply with quote
Rah-Rah wrote:
Kagemusha wrote:
Not all the gundams have the same plot and twist. Zete gundam is the best gundam series ever, and that is fact. Try it. And RK season 2 is the best part of the series, and that is also a fact (Samurai X does not count, right now).

Already have seen it and I think its good.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 12 of 14