• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hey, Answerman! - So Long, Suckers!

Goto page Previous  

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:37 am Reply with quote
@ petran79

Um...yeah. I feel I must inform you though that that has nothing to do with what I was saying. I mean, why on earth are you quoting me?
mangajunky
Company Representative

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:12 pm Reply with quote
I'm going to miss Zac's column.
idaho777

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:22 pm Reply with quote
I'd say Makoto Ito from School Days.
Man HE WAS THE BIGGEST PLAYER EVER!!!
Omg he basically slept with all his girl friends and doesnt know how to treat a girl properly.
spoiler[Its good that he dies at the end, although he left Kotonoha Crazy :/]
fighterholic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:38 am Reply with quote
mangajunky wrote:
I'm going to miss Zac's column.

The column isn't going away. It's being taken over by another person. Zac himself has relieved himself of the column duties, and has assigned himself new column duties, as he will be writing another column from now on.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:58 am Reply with quote
idaho777 wrote:
I'd say Makoto Ito from School Days.
Man HE WAS THE BIGGEST PLAYER EVER!!!
Omg he basically slept with all his girl friends and doesnt know how to treat a girl properly.
spoiler[Its good that he dies at the end, although he left Kotonoha Crazy :/]

See, I don't get why people say things like that. spoiler[Death is a highly disproportionate punishment to the offense of screwing around. Yes, he was a massive dick and deserved some type of punishment, but if murder were the real world response to a boyfriend/girlfriend cheating on someone, you would be outraged if someone claimed the victim deserved it.]
petran79

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:21 am Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
@ petran79

Um...yeah. I feel I must inform you though that that has nothing to do with what I was saying. I mean, why on earth are you quoting me?

I was quoting the whole discussion really but for readability's sake it was edited so only your post remained. If the forum has this advantage in the way of quoting (or rather disadvantage as it is here the case), why not use it?
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:36 pm Reply with quote
After eight years, the Answerman column is being transfered to a new person, the hilarious Brian from the Click. I must say, I've always enjoyed Hey Answerman and have even written several responses to some of his questions.

But his last response to a fan wanting to make his own anime movie and sending it to ADV was the most humorious part of the column.

Thank you for all the hard work and energy you've spent over the last decade or so Zac, I am glad your offical last column pulled out all the stops. I look forward to seeing what your new column will be.
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:22 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
Thank you for all the hard work and energy you've spent over the last decade or so Zac, I am glad your offical last column pulled out all the stops. I look forward to seeing what your new column will be.
Zac was drunk the whole time,no sober man could read through eight years of hilarious user tripe,without a shot (or 2) of hard alcohol.So you hear that Brian,drink up man,I look forward to hearing what you got for the Answerman column.

And to Zac......You've kept me entertained for the better part of a year now.Thanks man.(Oh,and the level cap is 20 in Fallout 3 btw.)
Isikari

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:34 am Reply with quote
Zac, your column has provided me with some great insight, made me laugh out loud many times, and given me the satisfaction of knowing that I'm not the only cynical bastard left. I look forward to your next column, and job well done!

P.S. I'll miss the animals though.
Ramadahl

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:30 am Reply with quote
Dorcas_Aurelia wrote:
See, I don't get why people say things like that.

Eh, disproportionate retribution being used in fiction like this is as old as the hills. It gives some sense of justice, hammers the point home and generally looks cool. Sure, I expect most of us could competently argue against it (it's not exactly difficult), but hey, it works if you don't think about it too hard.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 12 of 12