• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What did you just buy?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Just got the Puella Magi Madoka Magica film trilogy off Rightstuf. Well, technically I'll get the first two movies and won't get the third one for another few weeks. But still, got the trilogy nonetheless.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
shamisen the great

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:20 pm Reply with quote
I just preordered Turn A Gundam set 1. I've admittedly had problems with Tomino's Gundam series in the past (mostly in terms of characterization and dialogue), but even at their worst I find something compelling about them. Besides, I'm happy to see any domestic release of Gundam in the US, so I feel like I should support them.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:10 am Reply with quote
The Australian distributor Siren Visual is having a 40% off sale this weekend and even though I don't have any means of playing non-R1 DVDs (yet), I decided to order six titles that have not received a R1 home release and may never:

Dennou Coil - Complete Series Amaray Edition
Higurashi no Naku Koroni Kai (Complete Series Box Set)
Hakaba Kitaro DVD
Kaiba
Black Rock Shooter
Welcome to Irabu's Office

With the 40% discount that lot came to $152.25 AUD plus $52.60 AUD shipping for a total of $204.85 AUD or about $200 CAD.

eta: okay, so I've downloaded VLC to my Mac. I've got an R2 disk at home (Ocean Waves) that I can test this out with. Wish me luck.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Ordered:
Chihayafuru Season 1 (Australian Import)
Chihayafuru Season 2 (Australian Import)

in the same sale as Blood-
zawa113

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:21 am Reply with quote
Comic shop was excellent to me today. And I spent too much, naturally. All half off, of course.

Angel of Elhamburg
Bloody Brat 2
Demon From Afar 1, 2
Devil is a Part-Timer 1
D.Gray-Man 16-17-18
Dragon Ball 22-23-24
Karneval omnibus 1
Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer 3-4
Maria the Virgin Witch 1
Master Keaton 2
Seraph of the End 4
Skip Beat! 28-29-30
xxxHolic omnibus 5

And two non-manga comics:
Adventure Time TPB 6
Y: The Last Man 2
(it's a new edition that has old TPB 3+4)

It's weird, they never used to get this much Yen Press now they're flooded, makes no sense to me. Wish they'd gotten in my precious Goong earlier though (I already got 16 and 17 from TRSI). I actually passed on Milky Way Hitchhiking 2 because they had 3 copies and I've not finished v1. And I had no idea Karneval was even licensed. I didn't see the anime, as I've heard it's... problematic to say the least, but the manga seems far more well liked.
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:41 pm Reply with quote
I just bought myself a second Gameboy advane and Pokemon Blue so that I can combine my efforts with my copies of Yellow and Red to collect all 150 (plus Mew if the glitch works).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
wmderemer
It...it's not like I post for you or anything!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:49 am Reply with quote
Ranma ½ Blu-ray set 2

...and a 1-year subscription to ANN.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:19 pm Reply with quote
Picked up Appleseed: Alpha on Blu-ray as well as the not-anime, RWBY Season 2.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:49 am Reply with quote
Ordered this back during the Rightstuf Nozomi/Lucky Penny sale, but the post was deleted by ANN's server problems:

Blessing of the Campanella DVD Collection (S)
Hyakko TV Series DVD Complete Series (S)
Space Pirate Mito DVD Complete Collection (Hyb)
Looking Up at the Half Moon DVD Collection (S) (just arrived after shipping 3 weeks early!)

From the vendors' room at Naka-Kon '15:

Queen's Blade Season 1-2 Complete DVD Collection -- I was surprised to see that these were going OOP, but now I lack an excuse for not buying Sentai's releases of later installments...

From excursions to various Vintage Stock stores in Overland Park, Shawnee, and Olathe, KS:

Grenadier Vol. 3 (replacing the vol. 3 in my Economy Collection that came with a case but no disc)
DNA2 Vols 4-5 (had bought vols 1-3 years ago, finished watching via other means, and hadn't been able to complete the series)
And possibly the rarest pickup of the weekend:

Tsukikage Ran vols 1-4

I'd thought this was a bit rarer and more expensive elsewhere on the secondary market, but it turns out the price I paid is only $7 less than getting the singles on Amazon would've been.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:49 am Reply with quote
Looks like Unlimited Psychic Squad will be coming my way soon via Rightstuf. My bank account's been charged for it.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:51 am Reply with quote
Ordered during TRSI Viz and Vertical sales:

Claymore GN 26
Dorohedoro GN 14
Dorohedoro GN 15
Dorohedoro GN 16
Knights of Sidonia GN 1
Knights of Sidonia GN 2
Flowers of Evil GN 11

Wish that they released the last 2 Evangelion GNs in Omnibus format to match my other volumes. It probably means that I will have to wait a year before they do this. <sigh>
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:38 am Reply with quote
Got my shipping confirmation email from Siren Visual yesterday. It'll be interesting to see how long it takes for the package to arrive. I believe their website said that it can take between 14 to 28 days.
st_owly

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:45 am Reply with quote
Preordered a couple of figures on AmiAmi. Both from Love Live. An Umi Sonoda Nendoroid, and a bishojo of Eli Ayase.
zawa113

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:49 am Reply with quote
I was disappointed last week when my local Walmart lacked Legend of Korra book 4 on blu-ray (I must get this one on blu-ray!) I went back today, and they still didn't have it, dammit! Though I did get Song of the Sea on combo pack and got Adventure Time season 4 on DVD. Instead, I ordered Korra 4 over at Rakuten, and Avatar: The Rift hardcover and Adventure Time: The Flip Side TPB, both of which my comic shop didn't seem to get... I don't think I've bought any anime or manga since my comic shop haul the other day though, lol
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:04 am Reply with quote
So my experiment of using VLC player on my 2008 MacBook to play an R2 disc was not a rousing success. I'll give it another go when I have more time, but I was able to play an R1 disc through VLC no problem, but not the R2 disc. That doesn't bode well for the package of R4 dvds currently winging its way to me from Oz.

I was already mentally prepared to get an all-region BD player if I had to and it looks like I may have to. Now the question becomes, do I buy such a beast or do I get the absolute cheapest BD player I can find and attempt to change it to all-region myself with the full knowledge I might, through my lack of technical finesse, turn it into a hunk of unusable junk? Decisions, decisions...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 1188 of 1401