• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Adds Rosario + Vampire, Chaos;HEAd, Regios

Goto page Previous  

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 7:14 pm Reply with quote
This is perfect. I started collecting the manga to R+V so that I can get a better idea of why people always proclaim the source material as superior (not just for R+V) and now that the anime is licensed I can finish the test. Of course I have to finish collecting the manga, though.

Besides that, all these shows seem like they could be possible future purchases. Except Sora no Otoshimo. That doesn't look too good, but I'll wait to see if Theron reviews it before I make a decision. Or until Funi releases dubbed streams.

GunxSword is a little iffy as well. The previews for it on Geneon DVDs don't make it look too good, but it seems to be getting fairly good praise here. Honestly, I'm so borderline that if Geneon released a cool art box for it, I'd grab it, but it doesn't seem to any kind of box. I'll probably just wait until Funi puts up some dubbed streams for this as well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 8:59 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Besides that, all these shows seem like they could be possible future purchases. Except Sora no Otoshimo. That doesn't look too good, but I'll wait to see if Theron reviews it before I make a decision.

Well let's put it this way, KoH - you know what a fan of fanservice I am, right? Yeah, even that couldn't redeem this lame series for me. It had it's moments here and there and I did truly love Beautiful Playfully Cruel Yakuza Princess Student Prez, but I'd give this one a pass if I were you.
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 9:28 pm Reply with quote
I am agreeing with Blood-. I have my tastes in fan service. One reason why fan service titles gets licensed so frequently is because they can and have sold. Love Hina, Chobits, and others have either gotten awards or placed high on sales charts at one point or another. Sora no Otoshimono I would prefer to legally see uncensored. Maybe another reason why Funi picked it up is because the heroine Ikaros was voiced by the same lady that played the heroine in Funi's rather highly anticipated title, Eden of the East.
Kalessin

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Ktimene's Lover wrote:
Excluding clips of them, I haven't seen Rosario or Gun. I don't know about Gun but might decide to read the Rosario manga first. Though one thing that's interesting is that Rosario's Moka and Rideback's Rin both are voiced by Nana Mizuki. She is potentially most famed for the only Naruto character I hate more than Sasuke, Hinata. I'm glad Viz didn't get Rosario's anime license because the dub could've ended up having Stephanie "dubbed Hinata" Sheh as Moka. Though I'd say is good as Hinata and great as Bleach's Orihime (who I would totally date versus totally killing Hinata).

We may yet see Stephanie Sheh as Moka (though I'm not about to place bets on who's getting the part). If you'll notice, she's in the Eden of the East dub, and she has done work for Funimation before (albeit rarely). Regardless, I definitely try not to place expectations on how a particular actor or actress will do in a role. Too often they seem to be able to do voices and play parts in ways that I never would have guessed. It can be quite limiting to try and just go on what you've seen them do before - even if you've seen them do a lot. And Stephanie Sheh is one of the more versatile dub actresses out there. Still, someone else will likely get the role simply because there are so many other gals who do work for Funimation on a more regular basis (if nothing else because they live in Texas rather than California like Stephanie does).
Teufel

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 1:49 am Reply with quote
Rideback and Regios weren't classics, but I did enjoy them and would happily buy them at some point.
yuna49

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 8:28 am Reply with quote
TJR wrote:
The people back in Japan were absolutely disgusted with the American market (and their subsidiary), so I do wonder if they were reluctant to do business because of that.

Any clues as to what caused such "disgust?" Could it perhaps have been the unwillingness of customers in R1 to pay the same ridiculous prices as they charge for anime in Japan? My sense purely as an outside observer is that the subsidiaries like Geneon USA or VIZ Media thought they could simply transplant the pricing and marketing models of their Japanese parents into the R1 market.

VIZ seems to have adapted better as they're starting to release shows in boxsets. I remember the first time I looked up pricing for Hikaru no Go and realized at the rate of 4 episodes per disc, it was going to cost something like $500 just for this one series. Now I can buy Monster at about $3/episode, still pricey but within my price range. In Geneon's case it took Funimation and Media Blasters to knock some sense into their heads and start releasing series like Saiunkoku Monogatari and Moribito in boxsets.
se7en-

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 9:39 am Reply with quote
good casting. though eden of east is just the one I'm interested in. When are funimation going to announce licensing to bakemonogatari? god I hope they do.
Kid Ryan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:33 am Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
Baby Naruto wrote:
So they finally licensed Rosario + Vampire? Cool Smile.

I look forward to watching the anime series for the first time via FUNimation's English Dub.

No kidding and I can easily predict who will voice who and it's probably gonna be mostly the main VA from Negima.

Luci = Inner Moka

Negi's VA = Tsukine

Monica = Yukari

Steaphnie Seph = Outer Moka

Collen = Rubi or Mizore

Kurumu's voice =same VA who played as Ayaka

And I have a nasty feeling that Sabat would either be the bus driver or the Headmaster.

As long as he is not a hyperactive narrator like in Negima?!, I am ok with it.

No Kidding indeed, I purposely waited for Rosario + Vampire to get licensed and dubbed Smile.

And thanks for the Voice Cast List :3. I know they're not official and are just guesses/predictions.
rinkwolf10

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:30 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
Baby Naruto wrote:
So they finally licensed Rosario + Vampire? Cool Smile.

I look forward to watching the anime series for the first time via FUNimation's English Dub.

no kidding and i can easily predict who will voice who and it's probably gonna be mostly the main VA from Negima.

[b]Luci = Inner Moka

Negi's VA = Tsukine

Monica = Yukari

Steaphnie Seph = Outer Moka

Collen = Rubi or Mizore

Kurumu's voice =same VA who played as Ayaka

Pertty good quesses but I would make one correction to that list.

Kenichi's VA = Tsukine

The reason being is that he is kinda wimpy at times and in Kenichi we saw the his VA can do wimpy very well.
Tajrihan200

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:09 pm Reply with quote
Will there be a season 3 for Rosario to Vampire?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 13 of 13