• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Amagi Brilliant Park (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:09 pm Reply with quote
that makes more sense. I like that better
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:26 pm Reply with quote
Sorry for acting like a jerk, you guys. >_> you know how I get....

It was good to see everyone hugging, all happy. And I loved Seiya's speech and how everyone laughed at him. Priceless. Laughing
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:14 am Reply with quote
I just hope this title doesn't suffer the same fate as Hyouka (so far) in terms of not getting a NA release. I think Hyouka is my number one "want" in terms of a NA release. Every year that goes by without it being picked up makes a bit of my soul die (yes, I do have one, hatahs).
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:43 pm Reply with quote

They sure took desperate measures to get enough customers.
3 short and minutes until the deadline!!!
That was totally nerve wrecking.
Luckily those 3 crazy kids came along just in time ^^
And the park was saved!
Damn, that kid sure has a business talent.
The only thing left to resolve was the Princesses curse.
They got lucky with that too!! Amazing ^^
This totally felt like the final episode.

#13 Final

spoiler[The new PV for the park was not bad at all.
Moffle and Kanie really are similar sometimes..
Still, his idea of a PV was just horrible.
The others also had some pretty wild ideas.
And the point of this episode was...
Anyway, this was a very enjoyable series.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:56 pm Reply with quote
Episode 13

Laughing Yep, a funny episode was the way to finish this. Everyone working in the park is crazy, except for spoiler[Kanie and maybe Shiina, but that might only be because she did not say what she thought]. Kanie tells spoiler[Tricen to spice up a characteristically boring PV, and by taking everyone's recommendations] it becomes a spoiler[chaotic mess with parts showing what each individual character likes]. But the more it goes the spoiler[funnier it gets, with such things as clearly candid pictures of the girls, some unflattering pictures of a security guard, and increasingly irrelevant footage finally finishing off with a horrifying video of a horse giving birth]. My personal favourite would be the spoiler[out of nowhere footage of Codain (that statue) floating in space for a few seconds doing nothing].

Maybe some thought that this should have been an OVA episode, but I disagree, the important part was never quite the story but the crazy characters. I have found Kyoto Animation to be a little hot and cold lately, and I think they managed a pretty interesting mix here, taking advantage of their moe style and creating such male characters like Kanie, I am not sure how accurate but reminds me of Beyond the Boundary. I thought it was weird at first, but the whole concept kind of grew on me and became more entertaining as it explored the different characters.

I would not call this one of their masterpieces, some parts are a bit of misses, and I think there was a tinsy more they could have done for the story, maybe some more focus on Latifah and rivalry she would have with Isuzu despite their positions. I rate it Very good, it was a bit of treat, although I think that I feel a little too high expectations. Some genuinely fun episodes and quirks, the mascots kind of stole the show in my opinion, although far from the only enjoyable part.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:32 pm Reply with quote
Imo, the finale felt like an OVA as episode 12's ending felt more like an end. The latest episode had a good amount of laughs though especially regarding that spoiler[promotional video.]

Lol, spoiler[Sento gave it a masterpiece for the promo.] I'll rate this show as good overall.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chiibi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:17 pm Reply with quote
Excellent, Seiya's reaction to the PV was the same as mine: "WTF is this?" o_____O *twitch* Laughing

Unlike many many works based on LN, I feel satisfied with this adaptation for a change. If we got another season, I'm certainly game, but if not, that's fine too. I don't feel like the show leaves you hanging.

Lots of laughs, no spoiler[SeiyaxIsuzu ship], lovely visuals and entertaining characters; ABP is appropriate with its theme: it's a big goofy ride of pure fun that I would go on multiple times. Smile
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Favorite parts of 13 were the spoiler[nod to Free!,] the spoiler[skydiving ironing,] and the spoiler[dragon tea ceremony with that teensy tiny cup]. Not sure what to make of the spoiler[shark's seppuku] - is that his hobby? Shocked
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:40 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Not sure what to make of the spoiler[shark's seppuku] - is that his hobby? Shocked

It was mentioned in a prior episode that he does it all the time.

Personally I could watch this for awhile...

I felt some parts of the episode lacked some punch, but it was enjoyable over all. Isuzu just can't be honest Laughing
Agent355

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:16 am Reply with quote
I just finished the series and it was really good. Much better than my minimal expectations going in. The humor was great, the characters (especially Isuzu) were well developed, and the story was ridiculous, but it had a balance of realistic business action that made it work. I hated ep 8, though. All cringe humor based on dirty old men in cutesy mascot forms "borrowing" a teenaged body...now that I wrote it out, it could have been *much* worse.

Does anyone know if the whole novel series was covered in the show? It left a loose end spoiler[by revealing that blond dude was the evil wizard, and then letting him go]
I'm glad I saw this post while I was watching ep 8:
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
Hmm 2nd episode already? Also I found an interesting tweet regarding the character's names. They are named after rappers lol.

"not even kidding
Kanie Seiya = 可児江 西也 = Kanye West
Sento Isuzu = 千斗 いすず (五十鈴) = 50 Cent
Kyuubu Aisu(久武藍珠) = Ice Cube
Latifa=self explanatory"

Kurisu Takaya = Chris Tucker

Now i can't unhear Kanye sama. It all makes sense now why he is such a narcissist.

That's hilarious!
I really want to watch Hyouka now!
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:05 pm Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
Does anyone know if the whole novel series was covered in the show? It left a loose end spoiler[by revealing that blond dude was the evil wizard, and then letting him go]

It just covered the first novel's plot, but they did pull in elements and events from the later books. The fairy girls don't even appear until the 2nd book, if I recall.

Looking back on it now, I sure did buy a lot of doujinshi of this show Anime smile + sweatdrop
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:59 am Reply with quote
OVA

After a little break this was something I was happy to something of again, and appreciated the whole setting. So, this episode was kind of things kind of going wrong, but it was a fun disaster, and in the end everything works out.

Favourite part was the whole spoiler[cage fight thing with the part timers and the koalas]. Sounds so ridiculous, but was totally hilarious.

Seeing Kanye being a total narcissist is always entertaining too.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:25 am Reply with quote
It was fun seeing characters change outfits and roles with little amounts of success. Don't quit your day jobs, girls.

Poor Isuzu had her present ruined. I hope he found the clock underneith.
Shikiari

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:52 pm Reply with quote
Oh Amaburi, how I've missed thee... It was so good to be back at the park once more seeing the colourful characters and their mishaps. I've been keeping up with the Ova shorts but nothing compares to a full blown episode.

Literally every time Sento arrived on that stage with one of the Elementario Girls outfits, my face was like...

Even Latifa looked cute in Sento's getup.

I could really do with a, however un-likely, second season announcement right about now.

Last edited by Shikiari on Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Still no sight of the OVA on CR. There oughta be a law.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 13 of 14