• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Seraph of the End (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raftina

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:08 pm Reply with quote
Tuor_of_Gondolin wrote:
Also, I think General Boy has fallen victim to the "When Fighting Monsters" warning. He's using "saving the human race" as justification to do pretty much whatever he wants. That rarely ends well.

I think you are giving Kureto too much credit. He who fights monsters implies that the subject's monstrous behavior is the result of his fight against the monsters--out of real or perceived necessity, because of repeated or traumatic losses, because he resorted to an expedient solution too much, or some other chain of events that points to a different person before he fought the monsters.

The cause need not be sympathetic--or even tragic. For example, Barty Crouch from Harry Potter became the ruthless hanging judge he was because he found that being strict gave him political popularity, so he pursued it to the extreme.

There's nothing here to suggest that Kureto is the way he is because he is fighting vampires. From his speech to Guren about creating one world order under the IJA and his current plan to betray his family, I would venture to say that he has always been like this: The war with the vampires merely provided a convenient opportunity for him to make his bid for power.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:10 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Also, that flashback was definitely a side of Guren we haven't seen before.

The whole scene with Guren being "New Dad" really had me squeeing. I was instantly taken back to when my own dad would sit next to me when I couldn't sleep at night. It was really the cutest scene ever. Anime hyper
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:54 am Reply with quote
Episode 9:

Damn, one of the best episodes so far this season imo so far.

It seemed more like a mental battle for Yu this episode. And not only that, he would of lost control again (most likely anyways) in that demon form if his friends didn't help him out. They poured quite an amount of budget into Mika's fight against the humans. I can't say I'm surprised by Shinoa's actions since Yu will be pissed if Mika dies.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:13 am Reply with quote
Begging for more power..
spoiler[It payed off but the effect was too short.
Yu was beyond determined to save Guren.
Shame he had to be stopped for his own good.
Wow... Yu's team protecting Mikaela?!]

That sure made things confusing for other soldiers.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:09 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Episode 9:

Damn, one of the best episodes so far this season imo so far.

For real; every second of it was amazing!!

Dem Shinoa-haters should eat their words after this one.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:16 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
It seemed more like a mental battle for Yu this episode. And not only that, he would of lost control again (most likely anyways) in that demon form if his friends didn't help him out.

Although he was told by the girl that he would be able to gain more power in the fight without turning into a demon this time. So chances are that it might have been one of the few times he would have been able to get an extreme amount of power without going as berserk, and his ally saw just how he looked and put him in timeout.

Mika is a bit of an arsehole, he is responsible for all the deaths that could have been prevented if he did not decide stop the human by trying to kidnap Yu. His entire idea of just trying to get him without any long term plan is kind of crazy.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:25 am Reply with quote

spoiler[Mikaela still having trouble with accepting that he's a monster.
His bloodlust almost won.
Yu was more than understanding..
That blood sucking scene was very BL ^^
Their hear-to-heart was very emotional & simply nice.
It's gonna be interesting to see how things will progress.
At this point it seems humans are worse than vampires.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:27 am Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 10:

A decent amount of bromance between Yu and Mika this episode. The latter had trouble holding back his vampiric urges. I think this buildup had an emotional appeal that draws on their connections with family themes. Well whatever, it's not one of my favorites for this season but some fans will probably like it.

I expect action to pick up soon again.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:38 pm Reply with quote
THEIR BROMANCE IS SO CUTE.

.......still don't ship them as more than that though. Anime hyper
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:59 pm Reply with quote
The Bite made me lol, the way Yu wriggled over to the shelves after the pounce to get nice and comfy.

It was weird though - considering the bombshell Mika dropped, it really didn't have much impact. It wasn't that we hadn't strongly suspected that since the first season, I think it was just the less-than-urgent delivery of the information. Even the soundtrack was blasé about it.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:57 pm Reply with quote
This is going to make so much yaoi artwork.

So they are using the "illness" to create weapons? Probably about to turn glasses' little sister into a demon. Also the so called distraction squad, they totally should not vote for him in becoming world leader. That is how it works, right?
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:56 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:

So they are using the "illness" to create weapons? Probably about to turn glasses' little sister into a demon. Also the so called distraction squad, they totally should not vote for him in becoming world leader. That is how it works, right?

Whatever Glasses little sister is going to become, I don't think it's a demon. They already have demonic weapons, so having her turn into something like that wouldn't be something to stake a major offensive on. No, she's probably some sort of Seraph-thingy. I guess we'll find out next episode.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:52 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:

You have no idea...... Rolling Eyes
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:32 am Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 11:

Wow that was great.

Kureto's plan revealed while also we get some bloody action in the second half. I think Shinoa actually got lucky as she would of been exterminated this episode for helping a vampire (aka Mika) from last time. Guren's possession by Mahiru was expected tbh, there were hints of it already this season. I like the badass Guren with his enhanced demon powers though.

Damn, that cliffhanger. One week wait to see what happens...ahh. Good stuff, hoping the finale will be able to match this momentum.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:11 pm Reply with quote
I was not expecting ANY of that.....that was crazy.

It's going to end on a cliffhanger. I just know it. D:
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 13 of 15