• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Blood Blockade Battlefront

Goto page Previous  

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:46 am Reply with quote
bobob101 wrote:
Since I know Jack about christianity, there is a whole layer of this show that I don't have the background to understand. Other than that though, this show was FANTABULOUS! Kekkai is far and away superior to Trigun, and quite frankly jumped right up to my list of best anime ever! This show encapsulates much of the reason why I love anime. Actually, then manga is pretty good, but its missing the efforts of Bones and Rie Matsumoto. In short, Kekkai Sensen is one hell of a show, and should be watched by everyone!

Toonami totally needs to air it Smile

Doodleboy wrote:
Despite the whole Nightow sucks, Rie is better and vice versa going on they both fit each other well. Matsumoto is clearly working off the themes in BBB, specifically Leo's relationship with his sister and their self-sacrificial natures.

Yeah, I thought they complimented each other's stuff wonderfully. I thought the Black and White story and it's obviously strong ties to Leo and his own sister were really good and Rie did a great job with it and how to mix it in to add an extra layer to the relatively short 12 eps. It was a good mix over the course of the season and episode 11 was so gripping and 12 followed it up with great balance and such a strong season finale. Now that he's himself again wouldn't mind them having Black show up to help in S2.

Hope really hit everything in that great review.

Now we need that second season for more with these characters and so they can keep developing everything further as well as give more screentime to some of our Libra crew that didn't get much yet as well as further uncover more about the bigger threats that they touched on in the current season. Smile

Especially Chain, her antics on her rare appearances always made me smile lol. And that "phone call" saving Zap was legendary LOL.

spoiler[Maybe find a way for Leo to bring White back too. White was great.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 13 of 13