• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Viz Media Comments on Digital Piracy After Manga Uploader Arrests

Goto page Previous  

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:47 am Reply with quote
@dark13

I thought you were complaining about Viz and about shows available in the US but not in Canada.

The D.Gray-man anime is put out by Funimation. The first 51 episodes of the show are available on their channel which is available in Canada. Also the show is available on DVD very inexpensively. As far as I can tell, the remainder of the show is not available legally in the US.

If you want to use pirate sites to watch anime that is your decision. However, you should acknowledge what they are. You keep calling them "free sites" as if they were doing something special.
dark13

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:41 pm Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:
@dark13

I thought you were complaining about Viz and about shows available in the US but not in Canada.

The D.Gray-man anime is put out by Funimation. The first 51 episodes of the show are available on their channel which is available in Canada. Also the show is available on DVD very inexpensively. As far as I can tell, the remainder of the show is not available legally in the US.

If you want to use pirate sites to watch anime that is your decision. However, you should acknowledge what they are. You keep calling them "free sites" as if they were doing something special.
I Own the first half, second half I have to go Free sites Because Funimation doesn't have the rights

( you need to understand that )
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:36 pm Reply with quote
dark13 wrote:
Yeah I will admit I was not thinking clearly at the time but now I am Sorry for that, But that still doesn't change the fact like shows like D grey man second half is still not available you can only watch it Via free anime sits ( you should read Psycho 101 post on legal stream he has a very condescending attitude towards People who Pirate and most likely have no access to anime at all unlike some of us that why I posted like this ) on page 10 even for a Mod it is a disgusting way of thinking ( many have already called it out tho )

You just got off moderation and you come right back to this thread to start up the debate that got you moderated in the first place. Then you want to toss around personal insults and compound on it. That is not the smartest move my friend. I thought you said in your PM you had moved on from ANN anyways and had a new home?

I have to say I find it funny you say multiple people have "called me out" for my opinion when there was only 1 other person besides yourself and that 2nd account you created. Or are you considering that 2nd account of yours a different person? It's even funnier that you still think (according to your PM's to me) that we at ANN are all on Viz's payroll. That we control what they're doing with Monster or whatever else you can think of. I guess in your time away you didn't look up the definition of sarcasm and a joke. Now according to you my opinion is a disgusting way of thinking. How dare I think people who have legal means to watch anime should use them as opposed to illegal ones. What a horrible attitude to have to think people should save their money instead of feeling entitled to everything they want. I should be ashamed. That btw is more sarcasm just so we're clear.

You act as though you have zero means of getting anime legally which is simply untrue. You do. You nitpick one specific point to justify a wider range of beliefs and your actions. To try and justify your actions as if you're doing nothing wrong and you're a victim. People like Alan and I have clearly been saying people who have legal means to watch/acquire anime should do so or just admit they refuse to do it and not try to make themselves out to be victims. You don't get everything you want in the real world and you have to save up for those things you can get and want. It's how the real world works for those of us living in it and paying bills, having a house/apartment, etc. Instead you throw a temper tantrum and toss around insults while saying how disgusting and horrible other people are for how they think. You twist people's words to suit your own biased opinions and then call them elitists or say their opinions are simply horrible. I guess you're entitled to your own opinions but people who disagree with you are not. That's totally fair. More sarcasm.

Now since this is all getting OT from the news article, which is old at this point, and you have shown zero capacity to consider other people's opinions I think it's time for everyone to move on. The horse is dead and buried at this point. Thank you.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:43 pm Reply with quote
@dark13

I am well aware that the second half of the show is not licensed and that you have to use pirate sites to watch it. I would also note that Funimation has the entire first half available as a "Save Edition" really cheap. This means that it is likely that the second half may not ever be licensed.

My point is that this has nothing to do with Viz. It has nothing to do with your idea that there is a grand plot to deny anime to Canada or other parts of the world that is available in the US. And that you are watching illegal pirate sites, not "free sites".

If you want to pirate anime, that is your decision. However, you should acknowledge what you are doing and not kid yourself that you are doing something good.
Ali07

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:03 pm Reply with quote
dark13 wrote:
Ali07 seems ton have a problem with me buying my anime and Manga new

Really? Please, quote where I've said it is bad to buy manga/anime, period.

dark13 wrote:
first off your comment makes you sound like an elitist prick I Still buy my anime manga still watching them for free online funny enough I'm watching shows that are not license here like slap up party arad senki your gonna tell me that wrong two Rolling Eyes )

If you've actually read my posts, I've mentioned I have no problem with people streaming anime that they have no legal access to. I've also mentioned that I've also done so...it's how I watched Hyouka. Which, as far as I know, isn't available anywhere outside of Japan.

As I've said, time and time again, if you have a legal means to watch a show via streaming, my preference is for people to use those means. If that sounds like I'm telling you what to do, well...there's nothing I can do about how you've interpreted what I've said.

I did have one issue, which was addressed earlier in the thread, and that was that it seemed like you were using the fact you buy anime/manga as giving you the right to pirate manga/anime. Which is something I can never agree with.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:04 pm Reply with quote
I need everyone to think long and hard before clicking on that "Submit" icon for this thread. Thank you.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 14 of 14