• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Tales of Zestira the X (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:00 am Reply with quote
Well Mayvin is 100 and knew Michael, so I guess it's the "didn't do anything significant" case.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:41 am Reply with quote
Oh thank God, they're bringing Alisha along. Was worried she'd get left behind again. Though I question the wisdom of bringing all those troops when there's little they could actually do against all that malevolence.

Well it's your typical breather episode before the final confrontation. And while they fail at first perhaps the dream of finally seeing Alisha armatize will come true.
dvls_advocate

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:02 pm Reply with quote
The more this anime drags on the more I am getting annoyed with the Sorey character. I can't decide if he is too self effacing, has a holier than thou attitude or he comes across as some sort of goody two shoes. Maybe a combination of all three. I wish he was more flawed or weaker.

I also wish the Sorey and Velvet Crowe time lines overlapped. I it would be pretty funny to have Sorey fighting a dragon, have Velvet show up, punch it in the face then devour it like she did to the dragon in one of last season's episodes. Sorey would be like Shocked

And what's with the 1980's style playground basketball fist bump that Sorey and Mikleo do? It doesn't seem to fit in this anime.
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:58 pm Reply with quote
Hard to have timelines that are 3000 years apart cross over ^^;

This episode has me really torn. I enjoyed it, but with one line, they changed the backstory of not one, but FIVE characters. Which is all tied to some of the most emotionally powerful scenes in the game, which cannot exist now in the anime.

(I also managed to skip over the Berseria spoilers this time!)
dvls_advocate

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
Hard to have timelines that are 3000 years apart cross over ^^;

I know. It was wishful thinking on my part.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:47 pm Reply with quote
There is a way, but I can't say without spoiling anything.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:55 am Reply with quote
Ah, I'm really starting to like the character chemistry between Alisha and Rose, quite a contrast since they've first met from these recent episodes.

Pretty much a buildup this week so I hope the final few episodes will be worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:09 pm Reply with quote
They really glossed over the death of Alisha's father didn't they? I mean I thought her barely spending any time to grieve him was weird but we don't even get a scene of her honoring his grave or something? Damn o_O. I know they didn't have the greatest relationship (not that the anime did anything to properly expand on this fact) but she did appear to love him and in the end he died for her. Girl is ice cold I tell ya.

That aside this was a pretty standard gearing up for war episode. Though I'm not really sure how all these regular folk are supposed to help against the Lord of [expletive] Calamity. Won't they all just turn into hellions once they get close his domain and be a burden? Isn't it weird that Sorey doesn't even consider this one damn time in this episode? That's basically what happened on the battlefield earlier. o_O

I mean I guess they might go up against someone who they are able to fight but I don't see them playing a part in the final battle considering the power he's shown. I'm predicting spoiler[another dragon battle.] The circumstances are roughly the same as the spoiler[Tiamat battle in the game with both countries coming together to fight a dragon].

They seem to be setting up Sorey eventually meeting Velvet which is neet i guess. The way things are going it's probably just going to be a last episode thing though.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:52 am Reply with quote
At long last the dream comes true... Though I have to admit I'm a bit disappointed. I was expecting that first time to be more dramatic, the situation more desperate, etc. Instead they just did it almost casually after failing continuously before. But that is partly my fault for letting my imagination inflate my expectations.

The episode's main intent is apparently to give Lunarre and Symonne the spotlight, though it's certainly falls under "too little too late." We don't learn why Symonne is so dedicated to Heldalf that she'd go to such lengths. Lunarre just enjoyed bothering Alisha the whole show but now he wants to be a good guy? Though I suppose he was in the Shattered Bones and he might have joined them for their noble cause. At least they got those loose ends out of the way.

Dezel, I don't think blowing death flags is the best use of your powers...
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:50 pm Reply with quote
What bugged me the most was the blue flames/light/whatever that Lunarre was using in his attacks. In the series thusfar, that effect has been reserved for Sorey when he's purifying, and suddenly a hellion is using it?
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:08 pm Reply with quote
He's used those flames before but yeah, aesthetically speaking they should have differentiated it a bit more. But in general blue fire is used to show fire hotter than regular fire.
Cam0

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:37 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Lunarre just enjoyed bothering Alisha the whole show but now he wants to be a good guy?

Seriously, what does that dude want? Why was he after Alisha? Who is he? Wtf? I've been waiting for the show to give an explanation on what's deal with that dude but maybe I missed it?
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:59 pm Reply with quote
He was one of Rose's assassins that Alisha beat in the first episode. After he turned into a hellion he followed Alisha around because interesting things kept happening to her. He tried to goad Alisha into giving into despair but it didn't work. Maybe seeing her and the others staying optimistic and fighting so valiantly reminded him that he joined the Shattered Bones to improve the world?

This is pure guess work, but it adds up to me.
Cam0

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:48 am Reply with quote
I never got the impression that he was a "member" of the Shattered Bones. I thought he only like infiltrated Shattered Bones or something. Used them for his own motives, whatever those were.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:10 am Reply with quote
Nothing suggested that in the anime. We just see him attack Alisha, get beaten, then turn into a hellion.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 15 of 18