• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Spotlight: Spring 2012

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:50 am Reply with quote
Don't mind if I do!
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:22 am Reply with quote
Continuing on topic now and it's looking more like a 2 horse race with Hyouka coming close behind Dusk Maiden at the halfway mark. If it stays away from far too much lingerie exposure, un-necessary bathroom scenes, and mega close-ups of big girl's blouses, I just might enjoy it.
The Coffee God

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:53 am Reply with quote
I'm curious...
When is the Spotlight page going to get updated with the new recent Spotlight additions?
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:47 am Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
Continuing on topic now and it's looking more like a 2 horse race with Hyouka coming close behind Dusk Maiden at the halfway mark. If it stays away from far too much lingerie exposure, un-necessary bathroom scenes, and mega close-ups of big girl's blouses, I just might enjoy it.

nothing says hot necrophilia with up shot of a ghost girls ta-ta's lawl.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:46 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, I'm wondering when Accel World will be added to the highlight.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:59 pm Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
Mohawk52 wrote:

nothing says hot necrophilia with up shot of a ghost girls ta-ta's lawl.
I can put up with the odd volly, or two, but not the usual carpet bombings. Wink
Petrea Mitchell

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:59 am Reply with quote
I showed the Upotte! preview to the household gun enthusiast, and the first thing he said was that it looked like someone had actually done their research. Although the second thing he said was that it still looked like it could easily be a terrible show.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kougeru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:09 am Reply with quote
Quote:
"
Ritsuko Mukae
VA: Yuuka Nanri "

Seriously? She's barely in anything anymore so I'm super excited to her her as a voice actress again. I was already super excited for that anime due to the director +jazz+Yoko Kanno..but now with Yuuka Nanri...Apollon is seriously gonna be the anime of the season
Konopan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:27 am Reply with quote
Oh boy, a real deal hipster anime.

Even if this show is up to par with (or even exceeds) its expectations, I can't wait to see it trolled into the ground.
Also, dem josei square jaws.
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:31 am Reply with quote
Everything I read about Kids on the Slope just makes me stupidly excited. I like that the production staff and mangaka seem so enthusiastic. The references to, "a scent of American culture," makes it seem very much like Shinichiro Watanabe is playing to one of his strengths. There's terrific, yet simple potential in this series. I really can't wait to hear the music and to find out who some of the musicians are. I won't lie, I'm hoping that a few former Seatbelts get to play a little for this. Whether it's original works or, as would be very appropriate, takes on classics, it could be really damned awesome.

Every time I watch that trailer I immediately think of the to the famous opening drum solo of The Jazz Messengers version of A Night in Tunisia.

Somebody had better flipping simulcast this, or I might have to choke a bitch.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:28 pm Reply with quote
Laughing Surrender Artist - mild-mannered amateur constitution-writer by day; cold-hearted bitch-choking gangsta by night...
danilo07

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:35 pm Reply with quote
I need to say that I have red manga and that the story
has big potential and that it really reminds me a lot on Nodame Cantabile
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:59 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:

Well, there's gotta be something for the camera to look at. I would choose Hyouka over Dusk Maiden myself, if I had to pick just one.

This is it for the spotlight? We're ending on Kids on the Slope, a post WWII reconstruction era Japan {yeah, uh, American influence is one way to put it} focused on jazz music and high school? It hasn't even touched the spring shows I'm most interested in, Sankarea, Nyarko and Mysterious Girlfriend X. Maybe I have to get better taste.
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:57 pm Reply with quote
I'm sad to see the spotlight already end without certain shows being highlighted, but sadly, what can ANN do? It's not like they are choosing to ignore Sankarea or any other show, they just apparently weren't able to convince the studio's/production committees behind those shows to send them material to do a spotlight.

At least we'll have preview guide entries for them.
supercreep

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:20 pm Reply with quote
With Winter shows coming to an end, how long could it be until we start getting some streaming announcements? I'm revved up for this season.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 16 of 19