• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Online Store (sales & rentals) Reviews/Feedbacks

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
archaron

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:34 pm Reply with quote
Has anyone dealt with http://www.bigbadtoystore.com before? I saw some of there prices and they seemed good on figures.
poonk

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:13 am Reply with quote
archaron wrote:
Has anyone dealt with http://www.bigbadtoystore.com before? I saw some of there prices and they seemed good on figures.
Well, tonight I've just preordered the Sengoku Basara EX Date Masamune & Sanada Yukimura figures (due out some time this month) from Big Bad Toy Store so I'll let you know how that goes. *crosses fingers*
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
archaron

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:45 am Reply with quote
Well, good luck Poonk, from what I can see they seem legit and their prices can't be beat by any of the top retailers. Did you upgrade to collectors grade? I couldn't figure out what that even was, could you?
poonk

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:44 am Reply with quote
archaron wrote:
Well, good luck Poonk, from what I can see they seem legit and their prices can't be beat by any of the top retailers. Did you upgrade to collectors grade? I couldn't figure out what that even was, could you?
Sorry for the late-ish reply. As I understand, "collectors grade" just means that for $2 more per item they pick the very best-looking boxes for customers who intend to display the figures in the box. I prefer to display mine in a case and store the empty boxes in my closet so I'm not so concerned if they're not in pristine condition. Though having said that, I still don't expect to get half-crushed boxes either. *crosses fingers* Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Revolutionary

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:58 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully this is the right place to ask this:

Does anybody know about any legit American based stores that might sell One Piece music? Specifically I'm looking for One Piece: Memorial Best and One Piece: BGM Collection.

I've tried importing but my card is not letting me order from any of the import stores, reliable or not. I really want these CDs, and the money has finally come for me to be able to purchase them.

Nobody around where I live sells anything One Piece related at all, so I'm in a huge bind in getting anything outside of the internet.
poonk

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Revolutionary wrote:

Does anybody know about any legit American based stores that might sell One Piece music? Specifically I'm looking for One Piece: Memorial Best and One Piece: BGM Collection.
It's not U.S.-based (sorry) but have you tried YesAsia? As a reference, here's their listing for the One Piece Memorial Best* and BGMcollections. Though items ship from HongKong or Seoul (iirc-- but don't worry, despite that it's not a bootleg site) everything is listed as US$ so there's no currency exchange if that's where the problem lies. I guess the issue is, what is it about your "card" (credit? debit?) that won't even let you order from legit sites?

You might have better luck finding someone on eBay that has already imported it and wants to sell it. The price would probably be even higher than the already-inflated Japanese CD prices through.

*There's also a versionfor a bit more that includes a R2 DVD.
Revolutionary

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:52 pm Reply with quote
poonk wrote:
Revolutionary wrote:

It's not U.S.-based (sorry) but have you tried YesAsia? As a reference, here's their listing for the One Piece Memorial Best* and BGMcollections. Though items ship from HongKong or Seoul (iirc-- but don't worry, despite that it's not a bootleg site) everything is listed as US$ so there's no currency exchange if that's where the problem lies. I guess the issue is, what is it about your "card" (credit? debit?) that won't even let you order from legit sites?

You might have better luck finding someone on eBay that has already imported it and wants to sell it. The price would probably be even higher than the already-inflated Japanese CD prices through.

*There's also a versionfor a bit more that includes a R2 DVD.

I'm not exactly sure what it was but I tried ordering the One Piece Memorial Best from both Play-Asia and CDJapan. My card could not be verified, for both sites the reason was given "Transaction denied by the bank" or something like that.

I guess there isn't any harm in trying YesAsia, though.

It's just that I actually was planning on ordering the BGM one from YesAsia. I was going to order the Memorial Best from Play-Asia or CDJapan. Both gave me that issue. Anyway, my plan was to order one from YesAsia so I could get the free shipping. I don't know if I read it wrong but it said you can't get free shipping when ordering more than one product?
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:24 pm Reply with quote
Don't buy from Red Tag Market.

I bought two things from them via eBay. One came with a big tear on the side that was clearly there before they shipped it and yet wasn't mentioned in the listing. The other was the regular edition instead of the artbox even though they explicitly listed it as coming with collector's box and CD.

Two items. Two totally unrelated problems. I really can't recommend you avoid them enough.
Rukiia

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:09 pm Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
Don't buy from Red Tag Market.

I bought two things from them via eBay. One came with a big tear on the side that was clearly there before they shipped it and yet wasn't mentioned in the listing. The other was the regular edition instead of the artbox even though they explicitly listed it as coming with collector's box and CD.

Two items. Two totally unrelated problems. I really can't recommend you avoid them enough.

I never really had issues from then in regards to product quality. Every item I bought from them was great. My beef with them is their slow ass shipping. Takes almost a month for an item to arrive and would make me think that it got lost or held up in customs. It always happens when I buy from them as usually I get items from the States within 2 weeks after purchasing.

Other then that, I love their prices and my orders would arrive safely. I also like that they don't try to charge $20+ for shipping to Canada, as I have seen with alot of sellers on eBay.

But I'm sorry to hear you didn't have a good experience with them. Sad
poonk

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:19 am Reply with quote
Sorry for the tardy response, but:
Revolutionary wrote:
I don't know if I read it wrong but it said you can't get free shipping when ordering more than one product?
Not true-- in fact I only order 2-3 items at a time so as to get free shipping. As it says on this page*, to take advantage of the free shipping offer you need only "Place an order containing over US$39 in items that are marked as eligible for Free Shipping" (and be sure to "Select Standard Service shipping method" when you check out). Both those CDs you're looking for are eligible. Not only that, but ordering both those items together would make you eligible to get a free gashopon toy! You don't get to pick specifically which one you get but you can at least narrow it down by choosing a series on this page (at a glance I see Moyashimon, One Piece, Dragon Ball, Heartcatch Precure, and Snoopy gashopon, among others). You just click on the graphic's "dial" and then add the toy to your cart, and when you go to check out (as long as the qualifying items are also in your cart) the price for the gashopon should show as $0.

Sorry to come off as such a YesAsia fangirl but with the exception of a few obscure/indie releases, they've never failed me in my J-/K-/T-rock/pop needs (and yes, I've gotten quite a handful of random gashopon toys myself).

*Aah, I see in the fine print where the confusion lies. It does say "Our Free Shipping offer applies only to single orders," but that just means they can't combine 2 previous, separately-placed orders into 1 to qualify for free shipping.
Ichiron47

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:47 pm Reply with quote
OK I ordered the complete series of Witchblade (Anime) on DVD Pacific on January 16, using the "Super Saver" shipping method since it's the cheapest, but it hasn't arrived since. I never EVER used this site before, and I'm starting to believe that this site is fake. I wanted to order Witchblade there, because that site was the only one that had a less price. I mostly use RightStuf to order anime. Do anyone have any experience using DVD Pacific? When I check my e-mail to see the "Order number" to see the status, it doesn't exist. And can someone please confirm what "Super Saver" is. Is it USPS, or UPS, Fed EX?
poonk

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:21 pm Reply with quote
Ichiron47 wrote:
OK I ordered the complete series of Witchblade (Anime) on DVD Pacific on January 16, using the "Super Saver" shipping method since it's the cheapest, but it hasn't arrived since. I never EVER used this site before, and I'm starting to believe that this site is fake. I wanted to order Witchblade there, because that site was the only one that had a less price. I mostly use RightStuf to order anime. Do anyone have any experience using DVD Pacific? When I check my e-mail to see the "Order number" to see the status, it doesn't exist. And can someone please confirm what "Super Saver" is. Is it USPS, or UPS, Fed EX?
I've never used the site myself but it doesn't look like a scam to me (that's assuming I found the same site?). Their help page re: shipping says:
Quote:
Super Saver Shipping with Delivery Confirmation - Orders shipping this method are sent via USPS and typically arrive in 4-14 days. Please note that this method is only available for orders shipping within the continental United States and may not be available for all video games.
You're located in the continental US, right? So you're still within that 14 day window (especially considering you ordered on a Sunday and adding 2 subsequent Sundays when mail won't be moving). And that's just "typical." I wouldn't panic yet. I generally give 1-2 extra weeks beyond the anticipated delivery deadline before I start getting antsy and contacting a seller.

I do however think it's strange that you didn't get any sort of email confirmation of your order, even if it isn't charged until it's shipped. I've never encountered an online vendor that doesn't do that. I might contact their customer service if I were you, just to make sure that A.) They got your correct email address & such, and B.) The order did in fact go through.
Ichiron47

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:59 pm Reply with quote
poonk wrote:

I do however think it's strange that you didn't get any sort of email confirmation of your order, even if it isn't charged until it's shipped. I've never encountered an online vendor that doesn't do that. I might contact their customer service if I were you, just to make sure that A.) They got your correct email address & such, and B.) The order did in fact go through.

I did get e-mail of it being shipped, however I can't see it now (as if it doesn't exist). And I guess you're correct. I'm just a little panicky because when I order anime from RightStuf, it takes a week for it to come, and I always use Economy (USPS) for shipping. So I'm just a bit worried why my order from this site is taking too long.
archaron

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:21 pm Reply with quote
I have used DVD Pacific before and I can say that they are a legit site. I have never used their super saver shipping option though.
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:52 pm Reply with quote
Just a quick question, it looks like buy.com has pretty good prices on manga but I can't seem to find their shipping rates. They give shipping prices for individual volumes on their respective pages but does anyone know if they have a "spend X number of dollars and get cheap shipping!" deal? Otherwise paying $3 shipping per volume a manga will add up fast...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 17 of 29