• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Amazon to begin collecting sales tax in Texas July 1

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
potatochobit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:24 pm Reply with quote
The company is looking to offer same-day delivery to more customers,

maybe that is their angle
I wonder if they are gauging the 'future' like when FEDex first started out and became an overnight success

that may be why they want to build so many distribution centers
though i was fine with waiting 5 days getting free super saver shipping and no tax in exchange for 20% lower total price
it's not like I actually watch my anime... I've seen them all long before I ever buy them and just throw them in a box for collecting.
Takokujin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:59 pm Reply with quote
As a Texan, I'll only use Amazon when I can't find what I'm looking for elsewhere.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:19 pm Reply with quote
potatochobit wrote:

it's not like I actually watch my anime... I've seen them all long before I ever buy them and just throw them in a box for collecting.

This. I don't get it (and so many people on here do it!) Why even buy then? It feels to me like buying it would be a waste. Resale is nothing on anime because the price depreciates so rapidly.
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:43 pm Reply with quote
Blah, TN is getting it in 2014.

Damn, oh well, I'll just go to RightStuf more often when that happens. But I wonder if this will help the recession any?
Polycell

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:35 am Reply with quote
It won't(Amazon isn't even remotely connected to the causes, anyway). As long as the bailouts continue, it's not apt to end.
Takokujin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:09 pm Reply with quote
luffypirate85 wrote:
potatochobit wrote:

This. I don't get it (and so many people on here do it!) Why even buy then? It feels to me like buying it would be a waste. Resale is nothing on anime because the price depreciates so rapidly.

I agree. At one time I bought almost all anime (besides SJ) that I could get my hands on. I think the collection was more important that watching the anime. Now I only buy what I really want and will watch again. For instance, if I watch an anime before I buy it (Hulu, Crunchyroll, etc.), I'll watch the sub first and then buy and watch the dub.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3