• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Yuruyuri♪♪ (Season 2 & 3) (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:22 pm Reply with quote
But I fail to see how one mild similarity causes such a reaction from you. If you watch Hyouka, did seeing Chitanda in a penguin-suit also make you angry seeing how that was mildly similar to something from Azumanga Daioh?

Oh episode 5. I'm a pretty big GE999 fan so I love to see it being parodied in anime. Also found it humorous that they set up a standard pool episode, but never actually showed anything at the pool Very Happy And Kaede offering to share her future breasts with Sakurako was just adorable.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:36 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
But I fail to see how one mild similarity causes such a reaction from you. If you watch Hyouka, did seeing Chitanda in a penguin-suit also make you angry seeing how that was mildly similar to something from Azumanga Daioh?

You seem to be making multiple mistakes regarding my reaction. I am having a hard time figuring out where you see "anger" about anything. Unless disappointment means anger to you.

If an artwork copies ONE thing from another then you might consider it an homage or a parody, but as I said there are MANY things that YY copies from AD, LS, and Nichijou. I showed one example, saying (since you missed it) that a) I didn't have time for any more, and b) even if I did it was most likely pointless to list them if you couldn't see them for yourself already. And so you proved my point in it being pointless.

At some threshold the number of "copied features" makes the anime cross over the line from being its own work, to a derivative work, to being an outright ripoff. I think YYS2 has gone that far.

It is still mildly amusing at spots, Blood- thinks it is improving and I think the opposite and that's OK with me.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:55 pm Reply with quote
It really is a hit or miss show. I love it when it gets downright weird but other parts, like the entire train station bit, can stink pretty badly.

I'm also rather confused as to why they're spending so much time focusing on Sakurako and Himawari. Last season they were a good occasional diversion because of their competing ambitions- they didn't even seem to like each other. This season they've just become doppelgangers of Kyoko and Yui, just another ditzy blonde and serious purple-haired girl.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:57 pm Reply with quote
But that's just it. Your example wasn't a strong one. Chiyo's pigtails disconnect and then fly Chiyo away in Osaka's dream sequence and I don't recall Mio's pigtails ever separating from the rest of her hair (though we did get a long back-story on how she got the wooden cubes). Neither of those is anything at all like the missile-like projectiles that Akari's odango-hair becomes to send the alien saucer come crashing down. It's of the same level as Chitanda being in a penguin costume. Neither of those cases are parodies. Now had Akari's hair send her flying away like Chiyo did or if there was a scene similar to Osaka where she struggled to try to attach Chiyo's pigtails back then that would be of note.

Calling something a 'ripoff' is a very harsh allegation, and if you don't have strong examples to back it up then you should probably drop it. If you do have strong examples, then I would love to read them as I said earlier.
VORTIA
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:58 pm Reply with quote
Spastic Minnow wrote:

I'm also rather confused as to why they're spending so much time focusing on Sakurako and Himawari. Last season they were a good occasional diversion because of their competing ambitions- they didn't even seem to like each other. This season they've just become doppelgangers of Kyoko and Yui, just another ditzy blonde and serious purple-haired girl.

Probably has to do with the official couple popularity poll placing them very highly (#1? I can't remember...)

I agree the Akarin segment at the train station dragged a bit, but that's life with Akarin, I guess.

More Sakurako, China/Mirakurun, and Super Sexy Commando Kyoko, please!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:05 pm Reply with quote
Well, this series is joining my group of "silly shows I realized I only needed 1 season of" shows along with Squid Girl, Working and K-On!. I enjoyed the 1st season, but now it's pretty much out-lasted its enjoyment expiration date. episodes 2-5 at least weren't painful like episode 1 was, but I'm getting pretty bored and not even Sakuarko's spoiler[pranking Akari with the pigeons] is getting much of a reaction out of me. Like those other 3 shows, I'ma have'ta call it quits.... Sad
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:59 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6

The problem with the comuket thing is that since it is a year later; Kyouko and Yui should be seniors, with Rise graduating, Ayano becoming pres, and either Himawari or Sakurako becoming vice.

As for this, I liked the Mirakurun centered bit, kind of shows that Mirakurun is not exactly very nice, at least in Kyuoko's mind. Poor Ayano.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:59 pm Reply with quote
And I now know why I love the ending sequence so much (particularly the way Kyoko is animated walking). It reminds of the Birdy the Mighty Decode ED, which I also love. Something about it always seemed familiar, but I could never quite place it until it hit my like a truck watching it this time.

Even though the content is the same -which isn't a knock for me- I really enjoy the beefed up animation, especially for the last two episodes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:45 pm Reply with quote
Well, I've been waiting for the introduction of spoiler[Akarin's older sister pretty much since episode 1 of Season 1 when we got a peek inside her room. It was great to see her finally get a bit of screen time and she did not disappoint - wearing a pair of her sister's panties on her head?] Classic!
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:49 pm Reply with quote
Episode 7

We got a couple would be long awaited introductions, firstly we find Sakurako has a spoiler[younger sister, Hanako, and an elder sister, Nadeshiko, and it looks like she is the black sheep. If Himawari gets it bad I imagine what her sisters] have to go through. But the cuteness of Himwari's sister really steals the show.

And though not as much as I would have liked, towards the end we got a bit of "Gachi Yuri", which finally introduced us to Chinatsu's sister, spoiler[the one that Chinatsu was trying to match at the start of the series. We see that Tomoko crushes on Akari's sister not much different from Chinatsu to Yui, Chinatsu for some reason was not sharp enough to realize this.] But the best was saved for last, spoiler[Akari's sister Akane, who did what any siscon sister would do: go read sister yuri while hugging a hug pillow with the sister clothes over it, while having the younger sister's panties on her head.]
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:02 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Classic!

She makes Konata's questionable-attentions dad look like an ascetic monk in comparison.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:35 am Reply with quote
FINALLY after so much wait from s1 to showing at last SHE here & her voice as well!!!

oh my yea SHE is indeed the yuri-cension has finally rise.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:00 pm Reply with quote
SHE'S MY PERFECT BIG SISTER TYPE! She's creepy as fock, but she doesn't show it to Akari! Perfect indeed.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:09 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
SHE'S MY PERFECT BIG SISTER TYPE! She's creepy as fock, but she doesn't show it to Akari! Perfect indeed.

The best bit was that she actually got a spoiler["I love you, onee-chan,"] while trying to cover herself, and what the difference we see of that smile was.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:48 pm Reply with quote
This episode is all about sisterly love, starting with the Akkari~n segment. spoiler[The renowned and popular perverted siscon sister Akane is spotted popping up behind a bush and taking pictures of Akari as she does her intro. The cameraman sees Akane who quickly hides as her cute imouto turns around. It distracts Akari and once again, she fails to finish her job as Akane pops up again to take pictures.]

In this episode, most of the main cast do not interact with one another and instead are seen spending some time with their sisters, starting with Sakurako and her sisters Nadeshiko (older) and Hanako (younger). Those two sisters are more matured than Sakurako and they tell her that it is her turn to cook. I kind of like Nadeshiko because of her stern look.

Himawari's cute sister Kaede wants her older sister to buy a new and bigger bra because her boobs are growing again. Himawari finds out that her imouto is told by Sakurako to keep an eye on her boobs' progression, which did not sit well for her. Himawari is having some typical weight issues and decides to stop eating. Kaede and Sakurako help her out of it and tell her that she is still fine. Of course, Sakurako is not happy that Himawari's boobs are getting bigger.

Chitose's younger twin sister Chizuru is having issues of her own. She ships her nee-san with Ayano so hard that her hatred for "Toshinou Whoever" grows bigger. She cannot stop thinking those so much that she cannot control her drooling. She also appears to love her nee-san very, very much as she cleans her room. She has hard time cleaning it though because of the aforementioned issues. Her only solution is spoiler[to post printed pictures of "Toshinou Whatever" all over the walls so that she can distance herself from her shipping imagination and focus her hatred on that very girl. Nee-san is very happy to see her sleeping and those posted pictures. I really thought Chizuru is in love with that girl. I got deceived by that preview.]

Yui is playing Nanamori Quest with her cousin (yes, not sister) Mari. Mari looks really cute. She deserves more screen time.

Chinatsu is having a peaceful tea time with her older sister Tomoko. Tomoko tells her how much of a "wonderful person" spoiler[Akari's sister Akane is and how lucky Akari is to have a lovely onee-chan, with lots and lots of admiration. In other words, she has a major crush on Akane. Unfortunately, she is supposed to keep it as a secret from her sister. But luckily, Chinatsu instead wonders if she wants to be Akane's younger sister, much to her relief.]

And finally, we have spoiler[Akane Akaza, who looks like she shares the same blood from Yachiyo Todoroki, Chizuru Aizawa, and Agiri Goshiki. She has her own version of Akari's intro. In the last segment, Akari leaves home as she waves goodbye to Akane. We get to see her favorite habit, where we get to see her perverted antics, when no one else is at home. First, she gets her yuri books and Akari dakimakura (filled with kisses!) She then goes to Akari's room and takes her imouto's uniform and pantsu. She takes all of them to the living room. Next, she puts the uniform on her dakimakura and puts the pantsu on her head. And finally, she gets some cookies, cakes, and tea as she listens to a classical music. And viola, Akane's favorite habit. Her love for Akari shows no boundaries as she sniffs her uniform while reading a book. Of course, she does not want Akari to know this. Akari comes back but Akane hears her and hides her stuff quickly like a ninja. Akari sees some cake and wants some. Akane graciously tells her to have some. And much to her happiness, Akari tells her, "I love you, onee-chan."

Akane also gets to do the preview. She says that Akari's friends will play a big role and Akari is cute... hiding in their shadows? Does she support Akari's butt monkey-ness just so she can have Akari all to herself?]

This is easily one of my favorite episodes of Yuru Yuri. spoiler[Akane] finally gets the spotlight that she deserves!

Last edited by John Hayabusa on Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10